Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Browny
Beginner June 2011

1:30pm Ceremony - would you eat lunch before attending?

Browny, 7 March, 2011 at 11:03

Posted on Planning 36

Just wondering if you were attending a wedding which started at 1:30pm would you eat lunch before you attended? I'm wondering if my guests will be starving by the end of the ceremony i.e. so will need canapes or whether they will have thought to have lunch first so they'd be able to wait until the...

Just wondering if you were attending a wedding which started at 1:30pm would you eat lunch before you attended?

I'm wondering if my guests will be starving by the end of the ceremony i.e. so will need canapes or whether they will have thought to have lunch first so they'd be able to wait until the wedding breakfast at 4:30pm?

What do you think?

xxx

36 replies

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

No we're having the speeches after dinner, so they will eat straight away. We're having a three-course sit down meal so they are going to be stuffed afterwards, hence canapes seem a bit silly when we are about to feed them a grand meal!

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

It is obviously up to you AJ and the other person who was quoted £5 a head for canapes... I think if you have made the guests aware then this is fine, I was only talking generally. I have never been to a wedding where I have been told what time we are eating.

If I got told that a wedding as at 1:30 and the food was not being served until 4:30, I would assume that there is no canapes (as you have gone to the trouble of saying the food times) and would probably take some food in my handbag (and eat it on the sly). I honestly get hungry, I have a fast metabolism and feel faint if I get hungry.

If you are not planning on feeding people for 3 hours then you should tell them, if you do, then it is OK not to serve canapes.

I personally love a canape but they are obviously not essential!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I'd definitely eat before a 1.30 ceremony! I'm an early riser though so am used to eating lunch no later than 12 noon with our evening meal at 6ish. If I had to wait longer, I would feel faint too like knitting-vixen but I also wouldn't expect the B&G to provide anything extra than food for the reception.

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

I'm guessing it's fairly likely that the hotel won't let us bring our own nibbles, so I reckon the sweetie table (we'll just buy more stuff) is going to be the best way forward, plus those that aren't coming to the wedding breakfast can still help themselves if they want.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

The only wedding I've been to in recent times without canapes was my aunt's. She had a very brief civil ceremony then straight over the road to a pub where we had some large platters of bar food and got drunk!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics