Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

moonpie1985
Beginner July 2012

1st anniversary presents

moonpie1985, 27 of April of 2013 at 15:38 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 11

So it will be coming up to our 1st anniversary soon.

My husband surprised me with some lovely things on our wedding day and this will be my chance to spoil him.

Its traditionally paper for the 1st anniversary, which means I could get him tickets to something he wants to so, or maybe a peice of art.

what will/have you do/done for your 1st anniversary and do you follow the traditions?

11 replies

Latest activity by Chris, 10 of August of 2020 at 20:53
  • LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

I had the lyrics to our first dance printed for H.

• M
    Beginner July 2012
    maxinegallie ·
    • Hide content

Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but I have had a boudoir shoot done and will be getting some of the photos for him. I am also writing a book type thing, a bit like the new groom journal things you can get, but with the focus being on parts of the wedding day and our first year of marriage. I have tried to include lovely things that are thoughtful, as a contrast to the set of images he will have of me. I figured they are both paper, so traditional, but not, if you see what I mean.

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

I got a newspaper from the day of our first date which was in 1999 gift boxed alongside a bottle of wine with a personalised label.

• zoe@hitched
    Dedicated February 2016
    zoe@hitched ·
    • Hide content

Hi Moonpie

Our site editor recently did a blog about 20 paper gifts for your first wedding anniversary, which might inspire you! https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/blogs/planwithfran/page/20130417/20-paper-gift-ideas-for-your-1st-wedding-anniversary.aspx

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Thansk to AC i think (or maybe footlong?), im currently in the middle of designing a personalised monopoly board for our 1st anniversary..its made of cardboard right so loosely along the paper theme!! Whether or not i order it is another matter, but its the only idea i can come up with !

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I went with cotton as the traditional first anniversary present in the UK (I think paper is US). I bought him a lovely shirt. He bought me some socks and some cotton buds. Which was (bizarrely) a far sweeter gift than mine.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I always thought that but Debretts seem to have changed their advice now. Random.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah well, he'll get paper this year!

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

My H bought me tickets to the theatre and I bought him an experience day (all paper related!)

I'm struggling immensely for cotton for our second anniversary though

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

Just back from doing a boudoir Shoot for him. I'll print some photos and make a little album of them. Despite me being in various stages of undress, I still think his favourite will be the one of me in nothing but his rugby team's shirt. I may do a keepsake print of that for his wallet!

• Chris
    Beginner April 2019 Bath and NE Somerset
    Chris ·
    • Hide content
    Https://www.etsy.com/shop/wolfhowldesigns/

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics