Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

kharding2014
Beginner October 2014

1st dress fitting tomorrow and I'm petrified

kharding2014, 22 of August of 2014 at 13:10 Posted on Planning 0 11

So after putting it off I have my first dress fitting tomorrow & I'm petrified!

What if it doesn't fit me or if I don't like it. I ordered it 14 months ago and only briefly tried it on when it came in in January & didn't feel great in it. There's no time to find another dress.

Please tell me this is normal?? X

11 replies

Latest activity by *RMD*, 23 of August of 2014 at 21:26
  • kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

It will be fine! You're bound to be a bit scared as it is possibly the biggest/most expensive/most meaningful dress you have ever bought, and you want it to be amazing!

And it will be! Especially once any last alterations have been made and it fits you perfectly.

Deep breath, and smile Smiley smile

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

Completely normal. Up until the days before the wedding I fretted about my dress. perfectly normal

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

Normal, normal ... I had this last week, I was on my way to try on my dress and was in the car with OH (just getting a lift) and had a crazy panic attack out of nowhere, one minute I was sitting there saying "oh how exciting" the next I couldn't catch my breath and had spots in front of my eyes and was swaying about dizzy - bless her she was trying to get me to sing along to a song with her to calm me down!

When I got the dress on, for about 5 minutes I was like a rabbit in headlights, then all of sudden I snapped and saw myself properly in the mirror and cried happy tears!

Chicken oriental, me!

Best of luck to you Smiley smile xx

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

Oh - KH, I just remembered we share a weekend, I'm 5th Oct Smiley smile

• kharding2014
    Beginner October 2014
    kharding2014 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all I feel a lot better now. Apart from the panic attack. It sounds awful! I'm getting the train there so hope that I don't have one in the middle of the carriage.

I'll update you with how it goes. X

• kharding2014
    Beginner October 2014
    kharding2014 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exciting :-) I'm looking forward to reading your report. It's so close that it's all feeling very real now! X

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

I was terrified until I had mine on too, don't worry! Let us know how it goes, got my fingers crossed you love it!

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

Hope today goes/went well! I'm sure you will love it and look great Smiley smile

• kharding2014
    Beginner October 2014
    kharding2014 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for asking how it went. I wasn't in love with the dress but it needs taking in a dress size at the top and so it was hard to see the shape. I also got rushed I think. I was in and out of the shop in 20 mins which didn't feel like enough time for it to settle in. The first time I tried the dress on I paraded around the shop and didn't want to take it off. I tool my bridesmaid with me and she really liked it and just thinks that I need to give myself a break.

I'll try and flash a pic in a mo but OH is around! x

• kharding2014
    Beginner October 2014
    kharding2014 ·
    • Hide content

I just felt a bit square in it. Excuse the bra straps, I'm having cups sewn in.

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

You look stunning! No need for a wobble! Such a beautiful dress. Once they've adjusted the fit it'll be perfect :-)

• *RMD*
    Beginner April 2015
    *RMD* ·
    • Hide content

Lovely dress. You look beautiful

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics