Vikster79, 5 of April of 2012 at 13:52 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 21

Is paper. What are you getting?

21 replies

Latest activity by Chris, 10 of August of 2020 at 20:54
  • caweena
    Beginner
    caweena ·
    • Hide content

I've printed out the details of the B&B we're going to stay in... did think about framing a nice photo but then thought it's a bit cheesy and we've agreed not to buy each other anything so I'm a little stuck!

• N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content

We are going to Ireland for our anniversary and I was hoping to get tickets to see a band or something whilst there but there is not a lot on at that time, apart from Westlife and they have sold out (and they would really be a present for myself !!).

One of my friends got a framed transcript (If that is the right word ??) of the words to their first dance song which I thought was quite a nice idea.

• caweena
    Beginner
    caweena ·
    • Hide content

Yeah the B&B is paid for on our joint account so it's more a joint gift to ourselves (I only have the details because I'm the one who books all our UK jollies - he's in charge of the sunny ones!!)

I was just looking for something inexpensive to go with.. choccie fingers may be the answer!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Tis hard enough thinkign of a wedding day gift, god know what itl be like come first year anniversary!!

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

I'm doing the first dance lyrics idea, they do a framed version on Etsy which is lovely. We're also going to stay in our wedding night hotel and have dinner at our venue.

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

Hopefully, pennies permitting, I'm getting him his weekend camping ticket to Download festival.

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

I got him the Fat Duck cookbook and he got me tickets to the Harry Potter Tour!!

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

I bought him a personalised loo roll with the date of our anniversary embroidered onto it!

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I made this for Mr C...

Handcut from paper... plus a bottle of champers.

He got me comedy loo roll and a music book from our first dance song (plus another two presents still on their way!) and took me out to dinner at our wedding venue...

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

If you are not as crafty as Mrs C (wow!) then I can recommend Paper Panda on facebook https://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=518139536#!/PaperPandaPapercuts

and I also Samantha's Papercuts's work https://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=518139536#!/SamanthasPapercuts

I got this Paper Panda for H as an anniversairy gift (didn't know about PP for our 1st!) which is the song I walked down the aisle to (first dance didn't work)

I really want to order one like this from Samantha's Papercut's for someone's wedding present

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Mrs C, is that a Betty Jackson frame?

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It is indeed!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I've seen them but didn't have the imagination you clearly have - what a fab idea.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I can't take the credit for the idea... that was Paper Panda... but I wanted to make something myself!

Took a few weeks to get the feeling back in my finger, I don't know how PP does it everyday!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Did you do it freestyle? Or did you print onto the paper (even though it's black)? Make a stencil of some kind?

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

My plan was to get paper that was white on one side and print the design in reverse... but I couldn't find any, so I printed onto normal white paper, attached that to a sheet of black paper and cut through the two pages! Long winded way round I think!

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I was about to come onto this thread to say that Mrs C. was your girl! I do love the gift you made - I'd have lost some fingers, not the feeling in them!

• Ixia
    Beginner
    Ixia ·
    • Hide content

We're going to our venue for the night. Other than that I've no idea, but getting lots of inspiration from this thread!

• Chris
    Beginner April 2019 Bath and NE Somerset
    Chris ·
    • Hide content
    Https://www.etsy.com/shop/wolfhowldesigns/

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics