Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

V
Beginner September 2012

2 best men

vess03, 23 October, 2010 at 21:53 Posted on Planning 0 11

I'm thinking of having 2 best men as i would like both of my brothers to do the best man bit. Is this strange to have 2 or is it getting more common. My OH is having the conventional maid of honour and 2 bridesmaids but i really don't want to choose between my brothers.

11 replies

Latest activity by trustedlocal.com, 15 December, 2010 at 17:06
  • ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

I guess convention is normally best man plus ushers, in the same way it's chief bridesmaid plus bridesmaids.

Normally the best man walks down the aisle with the chief bridesmaid after the happy couple after the ceremony - so I'm not entirely sure how the logistics of all that part might work, unless you do away with 'tradition'.

At the end of the day, it's entirely your choice and nobody should really worry. I'm an only child so I don't have that problem but if I was in your case, just to save the decision I'd use brothers as ushers and someone else for best man.

Probably of no help to you whatsoever - but at the end of the day if you want 2 "best men" then there's nor eason not to.

• TheNinjaPigeon
    Beginner January 2011
    TheNinjaPigeon ·
    • Hide content

I know people who have had 2 best men before, the guys I saw share the job did a joint speech which was really well timed and went down a storm. If you can't choose between them then don't. It'll be fine.

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

We had 2 best men (and only flowergirls, no bridesmaids) and it worked fine. Each one took charge of a ring, they split the speech between them and that was that really.

• B
    Beginner June 2011
    brianna63 ·
    • Hide content

Summer's New velvet winter wedding dresses TrendTo Take An Enjoyment In the Reasons of the Popularity of velvet winter wedding dresses The Enticement You Can not Forget - mother of the bride dresses How to Ways.

• D
    Beginner October 2010
    drifter ·
    • Hide content

We had 2 best men and it was ideal, they split the jobs and speech between them. We also had 4 ushers and only 2 adult bridesmaids. I say anything goes if it's what you want.

• grace85
    Beginner February 2011
    grace85 ·
    • Hide content

We're having 2, well a best man and a best person.

• D
    Beginner April 2013
    dangriffin123 ·
    • Hide content

Just go on what you think is a good plan for you and for your 2 brothers. You have no choice but to have your 2 brothers as best men.

• petebarnes
    petebarnes ·
    • Hide content

I see quite a lot of speeches and it's not uncommon to have 2 (went to one with 4!) I was BM with my other brother at our brothers wedding too

• KristaltippsHall
    Beginner February 2011
    KristaltippsHall ·
    • Hide content

Were having 4 but calling them "Groomsmen" - my OH is Canadian.

• W
    WedMeUp ·
    • Hide content

I think it's your day, so do as you please. I've also thought of 2 people as I wouldn't want to miss one out and they could share duties / the possible stress of it :-)

• T
    thisisinnovation ·
    • Hide content

Hey There

I am a registered photographer on here but i am getting married next July !! I am having 3 Best men ! My brother and two best friends. It is VERY common to have two bestmen, they do half the speech each & you get twice the help !!!

Hope that helps

Mike

• trustedlocal.com
    trustedlocal.com ·
    • Hide content

Yep, I had two best men too.

One did the ringbearer role, one the witnessing. Then they did a comedy double act during the speaches. Worked out pretty well! My advice would be not to worry about convention.....

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics