Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Miranda
Savvy September 2023 East Sussex

2 months to go ahhh

Miranda, 8 of July of 2023 at 09:32 Posted on Planning 0 8
Hey everyone
We are 2 months to go and I’m feeling the pressure and so overwhelmed! I keep thinking we have so much time when in reality it’s really not that long at all so I’m stressing! I also keep thinking I’m forgetting to do something but can’t think what!
Anyone got any tips on last minute things we should remember? X

8 replies

Latest activity by Jamesnib, 18 of July of 2023 at 19:36
  • Kayleigh
    Rockstar October 2023 Bristol
    Kayleigh ·
    • Hide content
    Deep breaths! How much have you already got sorted? Enjoy this planning stage and if anything isn't quite right on the day you won't even notice 🥰
  • Will and Sarah Photography
    Somerset
    Will and Sarah Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is such good advice, there will always be a few small glitches but you will hardly notice them.

As long as you have the main things such as venue, catering, legal requirements, all contracts signed, all deposits paid and all suppliers confirmed we are sure you will have a great day but as a few last reminders....

• Get a final dress fitting
    • Break in your shoes as you will both be wearing them all-day
    • Pack a wedding day emergency kit e.g. scissors, paracetamol, tape, Imodium, safety pins etc
    • Collect your dress/suit
    • Go perfume/aftershave shopping
  • Miranda
    Miranda ·
    • Hide content
    That’s a really good idea! I’ve got a few lists of things but I feel like there’s always more being added that it’s never ending 🤣🤣 thankyou though! X
  • Miranda
    Miranda ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thankyou so much!
    Everyone says this and I’m sure it’s so so true you just enjoy the day and probably forget the little bits completely! Just frustrating when planning all you think is the little bits 🤣 we’ve got most things, still struggling with seating plans and to do a cheap and cheerful find your seat sign and place cards etc just feels like so much doesn’t it haha thankyou! Xx
  • Miranda
    Miranda ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thankyou!!
    I completely forgot breaking in my shoes! That’s an absolute must! And a really good idea packing an emergency kit!
    Thankyou so much for these x
  • L
    Rockstar July 2023 Greater Manchester
    Lisa Online ·
    • Hide content
    First of all, you’ve got this, you will be okay 🙂
    At 2 months I went to an extra organised period (I’ve always been a list person), I had a list of all the suppliers we needed to contact & pay - I contacted all of them 6 weeks beforehand (a whole evening of just writing emails but it got it done), reiterating everything they needed to know, asking any last questions, and paying them all (some of them I paid early just to get it out the way).I had a “to buy” list, things for on the day, or for the bathroom baskets, or actual items such as my stationary. I had 1 Saturday, where I just spent the entire day in shops on wedding errands, so I knew 7 weeks before the wedding yes I did have plasters and heel stoppers and bought my tea lights etc., and all the other silly things that came up. I’ve had very little “to buy” since then and it’s helped being able to visually see it all packed up in my house, ready to be transported 😁
    I also just had a general “to do” list - things like check how the Best Man is getting there, reconfirming numbers for night before dinner etc. Generally I would tackle this last once or twice a week, as I find messaging lots of people socially exhausting, so I limited it to doing it in bigger blocks, so other evenings I could switch off from wedding talk. It’s mentally tiring, so it’s important you do what you need to do, I like lists & compartmentalising, but some prefer to deal with each thing as it comes up. Find what works for you & ensure you get a little bit of time a week away from the wedding. Focus on mentally chilling once or twice a week, whether that’s exercise, reading, having a bath, putting on a face mask etc. - just do something for you every now and then. I’m 9 days to go now, and I’m just waiting for the day now, all chill, so you will get there and it’ll all be okay xx
  • Miranda
    Miranda ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is so so amazing!!
    Thankyou so much! This is really helpful this is what I’m aiming for doing everything now so I can just be excited and chilled before the day instead of stressing! How exciting 9 days to go for you! Hope everything goes ok and you have the best day! And thankyou xx
  • Miranda
    Miranda ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah amazing!! Thankyou so much for this!! Xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics