Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

1234ABC
Beginner

2 Months to go!!! Have I missed anything?

1234ABC, 15 October, 2011 at 12:57 Posted on Planning 0 3

I can't believe it!! Only 2 months to go! and only 17 days until i can say that my wedding is next month! It's coming round so fast that I really want to stop and take stock of everything. Can anyone tell me if they think i've missed anything?

Venue

- Meeting with venue to finalise menu & drinks package choice/ running times/ guest numbers to be arrange
- Final Payments due in November
- Decorations arranged - final payment due in December
- Decorations part 2 - Final Payment Due in December

Clothing

- Bridal Gown - pick up on 17th of November
- Bridesmaid Dresses - pick up on 17th of November
- Grooms Kilt - in progress (that's where OH is today)
- Groomsmen Kilts - in progress (also where OH is today)
- Snowflake Girls - Going shopping for these in a few weeks

Accessories

- Tiara/ Veil - bought
- Bridesmaid/Snowflake girl head pieces - Still to get ( i realise i'm running out of time for this, but i'll get there)
- Shoes - All Bride and Bridesmaid shoes are bought, just the snowflake girls to get now
- Shawls/wraps - got bridesmaids, not sure about the bridal one. I've seen one i like, but not sure if i'm going to get it or not
- Bags - Still to get these

Misc

- Cake - Ordered. Cake toppers bought, just need the rest of the decorations
- Cars - Booked - OH needs to phone them and change the pick up address
- Flowers - Ordered, just waiting on them arriving! OH is making his button holes, which have yet to be started, but he will be doing so soon.
- DJ/Band - Sorted
- Ceremony Music - In progress. hit a snag with my entrance music, but should hopefully get that sorted soon
- Hair/make up - sorted
- Hen/Stag nights - Organised!
- Buses - Booked
- Fireworks - booked, final payment due in November
- Evening favours - 50 of 150 bought.
- Day guest favours - In progress
- Photographer - meeting in December to finalise photo lists and final payment

Legalities

- handed in marriage notices
- Reading still to be decided/ general order of service to be agreed.

Stationary

- Place Settings - in progress
- OOS - designed, still to be made
- Table name cards - Still to be made/designed
- Table plan to be made

Gifts for Bridal Party

Brides Mum - bought
Brides Dad - not bought - but know what we're getting him
Grooms mum - not bought - but know what we're getting her
Best man - not bought - but know what we're getting him
Bridesmaids - Bought them their shoes for the wedding as a gift.
Snowflake girls - not bought - haven't a clue what to get them any ideas welcome (they're 8, 6 and nearly 2 years old)
Groomsmen - not bought - but know what we're getting them
Pageboy - not bought - haven't a clue what to get him either - any ideas welcome (he's 4, nearly 5)
My Gran - bought
My aunts who've help greatly with the wedding - not bought, but think i'll get them flowers or something!
My good friend who help with the invitations - going to get her flowers and a bottle of something!

We're not going on Honeymoon until the summer due to the inevitable strikes that always seem to happen around December time in the airports, and also the fact that we didn't think we would have been able to afford a proper honeymoon so close to Christmas. Going on a minimoon in January though!

So! Have i missed anything off my list? and also, if you would care to join me a good ol' bounce to celebrate 2 months to go!? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

3 replies

Latest activity by 1234ABC, 16 October, 2011 at 19:00
  • cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

? ? garter? ? ?

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

Wow sounds like you are pretty much sorted!

I am nervous as my wedding is not long after yours and I still have a few things to sort out. The cake, for one. I asked a friend who is a qualified cake maker and decorator and she said she'd do it. I asked her twice now to provide me with a quote as I needed to keep a tight grip on the budget, but she has not got back to me. The first time she said it was too early and there was plenty of time (end of August) and the second time she didn't get back to me at all. A common friend suggested that maybe she's not getting back to me as she may want to do the cake for free as a present? Either way, I wish she'd get in touch. She used to work with me at the bank years ago until she retired in 2003. She doesn't have internet so can't mail her. I keep thinking to ring her then I am too embarrassed to. I hate phones. I am one of those people who'd rather email or text than ring you up. I am always scared of disturbing so i think a text or an email you can read when it's convenient.

Sounds like you have it all sorted.

One thing - wellies for outdoor pics in case it snows??

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content

Garter - Think my bridesmaids are sorting this

Guest Book - We do have one of these,although i'm not sure if we're going to use it or not.

Wellies - I have seen some that i like the look of, so might get them

Went shopping today and i can now update my list to 100 out of 150 for evening favours. And we've bought Grooms Mums gifts, and one of my aunts gifts because they didn't have 2 of the think i was going to get for both aunts, although at least we know what we're going to get them! Smiley smile

I can't believe that it's getting so close! I know my ticker says 1 month and 4 weeks, but the fact that the month now reads 1 is frightening...in a good way though. i'm looking forward to it all coming together....I'm also looking forward to not planning any more! It's been getting quite stressful the past couple of months with various things including my chief bridesmaid and i falling out, and she doesn't want to be a bridesmaid any more.....and there is the potential that she wouldn't fit in her dress anyway if she changed her mind!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics