Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MadamRed
Beginner April 2017

****2017 Brides****Currently 166 Brides and 1 Groom****

MadamRed, 1 of January of 2015 at 09:53

Posted on Planning 1,652

It's only 2 years away now, and I know there are a few of us around, so I thought I'd start a 2017 brides thread. Drop a reply with your wedding date and I'll add you to the list! January 5th - melidy February 12th - RomanticYellowCars442 18th - shelley495 26th - Ljohnson124 26th - DejaEntendu 27th...

It's only 2 years away now, and I know there are a few of us around, so I thought I'd start a 2017 brides thread. Drop a reply with your wedding date and I'll add you to the list!

January

5th - melidy

February

12th - RomanticYellowCars442

18th - shelley495

26th - Ljohnson124

26th - DejaEntendu

27th - LuxuriousGreenConfetti511

March

4th - SparkleyBean

11th - kcstens89

17th - Maya&Joe

17th - Sapphirebride

18th - PortisheadBride

25th - donnabishop88

25th - Catlady28

25th - Ladylou178

25th - elliek92

25th - MrsQtobe

25th - Daffodil2017

31st - MrsJFC2be

April

1st - LauraDews2B

7th - KJHLee

8th - flounder35

13th - MadamRed

14th - Ratatatmilliecat

15th - lyn-lyn

15th - emma_lou1

15th - MrsMerritt2Be

20th - EmmaCee2017

21st - LuxuriousIvoryHair37

21st - Beckalina

22nd - erikaholly

22nd - ExpensiveIvoryConfetti478

28th - ExpensiveOrangeStationery624

29th - Mari&mike87

29th - MrsJ_ToBe

29th - TashAndOwl

29th - Pookie8911

29th - LuxuriousPinkCars485

30th - Stephisaur

May

1st - MrsH2b1may17

4th - RusticRomantic2017

6th - Slink

6th - Kelderby

12th - LuxuriousPinkDecor346

13th - 2BMrsC

13th - Ginguar

20th - GemK87

20th - rockabird

20th - Ellensmummy

22nd - SunnyIvoryFlowers536

26th - SarahMuffin

26th - Disenchanted

27th - AshleyB230685

27th - Tigsy87

27th - JenCTR

27th - Danielle1305

27th - MrsGtobe2017

27th - MrsW2017

27th - rosiepodge

27th - lucyjo

28th - london_bride

28th - SunnyYellowHair573

31st - DreamcatcherVN

June

3rd - Lou37

3rd - chebbz

3rd - Miss_Conduct

8th - kjfletch24

10th - mrssparkstobe

10th - Kim Brough

10th - PinkSheep25

14th - SoonToBeMrsKnight

17th - ExpensiveRedDecor372

17th - Future Mrs Hilton

17th - Chapples

17th - disneyfanatic95

22nd - Julie48

24th - k.j.w

24th - Mrs-c-to-be17

24th - morrisonwedding17

24th - JayneysGettingMarried

24th - MrsDicksontobex

24th - TheFutureMrsRoffey

24th - missbiscuits

24th - FutureMrsCC

24th - Bacchant

24th - PatchworkPrincess

25th - Stacey250617

30th - Lhd

July

1st - Jodi92

1st - FutureMrsSmith2017

1st - RomanticBrownFlowers354

1st - DreamsComeTrue2015

8th - Nicolag83

8th - Little_Lamb

8th - MrsKTB

8th - futureMrsSpurr

8th - April090709

8th - HappyYellowCakes628

15th - Rachel Elliott-taylor

15th - bride to be!!

15th - MissCharGO

20th - *PinkSparkles*

22nd - Copper321

23rd - Chantilly lace

23rd - Lolitalala

23rd - Nickyj88

23rd - Much_ado_about_weddings

27th - RomanticGreenFlowers349

27th - MrsDuffy2B

27th - Meeperoon

29th - chiffon cake

29th - 29/07/2017

29th - MrsCrockett2Be

29th - Mr_P

29th - MissHtoMrsH

30th - Daniellax

August

4th - xlisa_89x

4th - MrsMac17

4th - Ellabella

5th - nicolab267

5th - **********@*******.***

5th - ********@*******.**.**

5th - Leahbride

5th - ConcreteCowBride

10th - TwinkleToes1984

10th - funnygirlthatbelle

11th - amy1789

12th - HappyIvoryHair318

12th - katiepoppycat

12th - TwinkleToes1984

12th - Gemma12817

19th - Otters

20th - Emmals1992

26th - RomanticBlueCakes

September

1st - ElmoPoppySukiCat

2nd - Queenie2017

2nd - leffers5555

2nd - Southern_Comfort

2nd - ameliasofia

7th - FutureMrsTuff2017

9th - MrsRustobe

14th - ivorysilk

15th - SunnyGreenConfetti675

16th - LuxuriousYellowStationery632

23rd - jesscaar

23rd - MrsScott2be2017

23rd - Goldglittersparkles

23rd - SunnyIvoryDecor485

23rd - Winterborn1986

October

1st - rjones93

6th - HappyOrangeFlower610

7th - Sapphire15

14th - MrsSutton2be

17th - salj

21st - Bobbys_Girl

21st - Rosegoldsparkle

21st - Purpleshoes13

22nd - SunnyPurpleFlowers451

24th - warmheartedmama

November

3rd - CantwaittobeMrsDavies17

4th - Lurkybride

4th - Cherry Garcia

11th - Novemberbride2017

19th - Willows2B

23rd - NorthernLights

25th - ExpensiveBlueCakes663

26th - SunnyIvoryCars376

December

16th - HappyPinkCars263

22nd - Xmas2017

1,652 replies

• K
    Beginner June 2017
    Kim Brough ·
    • Hide content

10th June 2017

• K
    Beginner June 2017
    Kim Brough ·
    • Hide content

Woops sorry it kept saying error so posted 3 times!

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

Here's a quick flash of the cheongsam. I went for a shorter length, so that I can dance in the evening. It doesn't show up very well in the photo, but the pattern is gold. It needs taking in a little bit around the waist, but other than that it fits perfectly. Sorry if the picture's a bit large.

I'm thinking of going dress shopping over the winter. It's a bit early, but the dress is the most expensive item we have left and I just want to know how much it's going to cost.

Just have to work out how we afford the honeymoon now.

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

That's lovely. I love the red and gold together.

so I have booked some appointments with photographers to meet up and decide if we would like to book with them.

My OH thinks I am doing things too early and has got me doubting myself. We get married 01/07/2017 so in 22 months. The only thing I have booked is the venue (caterers and DJ included), booked the registrar and paid for the wedding insurance. That's it. I have been looking at things online but I haven't booked anything.

We are planning on booking barns next to our venue for a two night stay for our close friends and family so we went to look at those on Tuesday and will be aiming to put a deposit down for those in the next week or so.

I would like to book one thing at a time, spread the cost and not leave everything to the last minute. He thinks we should wait and save up money rather than booking things once we have the money together (we are putting a set amount away every month. So far we have paid off the venue deposit and paid the deposit for the registrar and paid for the wedding insurance). We have enough money saved for the photographer deposit and I would like to book it. Then the next step will probably be the florist. I am going to save dresses and venue decoration until the year before.

Am I moving too soon or is he just being a typical man?! X

• Nicolag83
    Beginner July 2017
    Nicolag83 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I booked loads about 2 months ago.

Venue and catering
    Photographer
    Photo booth
    Dj
    Harpist
    Wedding cake
    Candy wheel
    Route master bus for my guests transport
    Registrar
    Accommodation
    Table centre pieces
    Wedding favours

For me I think if you have a clear idea of what you want and there is no chance of you changing your mind on colours or theme then book away. I want to have everything booked by the end of the year apart from dresses and suits hair and make up etc I will start dealing with Jose about a year before.

Have had a lot of friends and family weddings this year and they have all said they wished they had been more organised in the very beginning to take the stress out of the lead up to the big day.

Everyone is diff fern but definitely don't panic about booking to much to soon ?

• Nicolag83
    Beginner July 2017
    Nicolag83 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I booked loads about 2 months ago.

Venue and catering
    Photographer
    Photo booth
    Dj
    Harpist
    Wedding cake
    Candy wheel
    Route master bus for my guests transport
    Registrar
    Accommodation
    Table centre pieces
    Wedding favours

For me I think if you have a clear idea of what you want and there is no chance of you changing your mind on colours or theme then book away. I want to have everything booked by the end of the year apart from dresses and suits hair and make up etc I will start dealing with Jose about a year before.

Have had a lot of friends and family weddings this year and they have all said they wished they had been more organised in the very beginning to take the stress out of the lead up to the big day.

Everyone is different but definitely don't panic about booking to much to soon ?

• M
    Beginner June 2017
    Mrs-c-to-be17 ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't say it was too early we're just starting to get serious about the planning now, we're seeing caterers next month and then I plan to start looking for the photographer and maybe videographer. I also like the idea of spreading the cost and booing the big things sooner rather than later. These are our next most expensive things and sent dependant on colour scheme etc so makes sense to get them booked and I know how much we need to save/pay for them then. I'm planning on dress shopping in the spring with just over a year to go.

dows anyone know if the suppliers asked to be paid monthly or just ask for deposit and then balance a few weeks before wedding? Suppose ill be different for everyone tho..

• M
    Beginner August 2017
    MrsMac17 ·
    • Hide content

No I don't think it is too early at all, especially for the bigger things. The last thing you want is to go to book and they are not available! My photographer already has quite a few 2017 brides.

The smaller things can wait I suppose but I would get your big stuff booked.

I bought a small kid's toybox thing with hearts on. I'm going to pick up stuff as I go and put it all in there as I get them.

X

• M
    Beginner May 2017
    MrsGtobe2017 ·
    • Hide content

I think the majority of suppliers take the deposit and then the balance about 6-8 weeks before. The venue will probably have a few pay dates to stick by, I think mine is 50% 6 months before and then final lot 6 weeks before. The church have also said I can pay off bits whenever I want. I would imagine suppliers would let you pay off bits over time but it's probably best to keep it topping up in a separate bank account than theirs for now.

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the replies ladies. I knew that I was right ;-)

I just said to the OH that lots of other brides have more booked than us so we need to pull our finger out as otherwise nothing will be left! He will thank me for it in the long run!

Going to get this photographer and accommodation booked next!

We have been told that we pay deposits and then the final amount is due a few months before the wedding for the venue and around a month or so for the photographer. The rest of the registrar fees are due when we give notice I think? Which can be just under a year before x

• Bobbys_Girl
    Beginner October 2017
    Bobbys_Girl ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

We are so new to planning that we don't have an exact date but should be October! Smiley smile

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

Bumped for Lou37

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Futuremrssmith I bumped the wrong one for her lol. Glad you've put her in the right place now.

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to be a pain MadamRed, but I've changed my forum name! 13th May is no longer SunnyBlueDiamonds386... for she is me 2BMrsC!! ?

• L
    Beginner June 2017
    Lou37 ·
    • Hide content

3 June 2017
    And after joining this site am now getting very excited :-)

• E
    Beginner July 2017
    Emskii ·
    • Hide content

We havent booked anything yet but we are looking at 22nd july 2017 Smiley smile

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

I am very excited too!

We have now booked the accommodation for the weekend of the wedding (lovely barns across the road from the venue. We are going to have a hog roast together on the Friday evening before heading back to separate barns) and I have met with one photographer. Am meeting another on Monday. X

• L
    Beginner June 2017
    Lou37 ·
    • Hide content

We have the bridal suite booked for the night before too, not into the not seeing each other night before/morning of the bigday......im a rebel I know but I rarely see him as it is as he works offshore so a child free night together is one im not passing on haha

I booked the registrar yesterday and am gobsmacked by the price!!

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

I know the feeling Lou37....I nearly dropped my coffee when the registrar told me how much!!

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

We'll be parting ways around 9pm ish I think. I had to kick him five times last night to stop him snoring and keeping me awake so at this moment in time, I don't mind too much!!!

We have the bridal suite the night of the wedding at the venue.

I know. £425 ours is charging!!!! X

• 2BMrsC
    Beginner May 2017
    2BMrsC ·
    • Hide content

That's the current charge I think Lou... my registrar warned me that it's likely to have gone up by the time we get to the point of paying for it!! I'm budgeting £500 to be on the safe side.

• L
    Beginner June 2017
    Lou37 ·
    • Hide content

Ours is 370 for the day
    25 to provisionally book it
    Then 35 each when we give notice of marriage
    Never thought about it going up!!!

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

We had to pay £75 to reserve the date. Our Council is only showing fees up to the end of March 2017 at the moment - £425! It looks like they've gone up by £25 per year over the last few years, so we're budgeting £500 just in case.

• Tigsy87
    Beginner June 2018
    Tigsy87 ·
    • Hide content

Hi. MadamRed ive changed my name from MrsmcQuade2be to Tigsy87..............sorry xxxx

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

Ours shows the prices for 2016/2017. We paid £50 deposit but it's £35 each to give notice so it will be over £500 in total x

• JayneysGettingMarried
    Beginner June 2017
    JayneysGettingMarried ·
    • Hide content

Wooooo a 2017 thread!

Im getting married on 24th June 2017!! I'm so freaking excited!!

Venue and registrar is booked. Colour scheme, bridal party and groomsmen picked. I have quotes for most things such as bouquets. I've priced everything up for my centre pieces. Emailing photographers now. Everything is going smoothly so far!! Trying on wedding dresses in November!

• L
    Beginner June 2017
    Lou37 ·
    • Hide content

Ooh I have colour scheme sorted too and bridal and groomsmen all sorted
    I even know what my invites look like
    Managed to talk h2b to coming to the wedding show in Liverpool on Sunday yeah so excited!!

• L
    Beginner June 2017
    Lou37 ·
    • Hide content

Personally I think weddings are a couple thing
    My best mate is single but I have her down as a plus one
    I've been to weddings where my partner wasn't invited and I find it a bit odd
    However it's a tricky one if you don't like them
    Always resort back to the question how would I feel if my h2b was invited but I wasn't??
    BTW way love the countdown think I need to start doing that :-)

• M
    Beginner August 2017
    MrsMac17 ·
    • Hide content

We have decided that day guests will get a plus one. Evening guests (work people etc) will not have a plus one invite. They will know plenty of people.

Depends on how big you want your wedding to be/limits on your venue. You don't want to sacrifice people you would really like to come because of plus one obligations!

x

• L
    Beginner June 2017
    Lou37 ·
    • Hide content

Well if you don't want there then don't invite them
    It's your wedding and your day have who you want and don't feel pressured I am not having a few aunts and uncles as want friends instead mun doesn't get it but at the end of the day we have limited our numbers based on what we can afford and I don't feel guilty haha they will be invited to the evening though
    Which brings me to my slight dilema re work friends the norm is a general invite to all but not there partners
    However there are certain people that I don't particularly want to come but how do I single out and move away from what is normally done??

• L
    Beginner June 2017
    Lou37 ·
    • Hide content

It's a bit awkward in my work really but I know that people I don't want there will be the ones that turn up as they attend all social functions lol however on saying that we are not getting married in the town we live we are getting married in Liverpool so maybe they won't travel!!
    Plus by the time my invites go out everyone may have moved on anyway hahaha

• M
    Beginner August 2017
    MrsMac17 ·
    • Hide content

I am a teacher in a BIG school so I'm only inviting people I see regularly. I'm sure people will get that. I might give out our invitations at the start of the summer holidays and then I don't have to see anyone for 6 weeks!

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics