Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner April 2019

2019 Wedding

MimiLouise88, 13 of March of 2017 at 14:34

Posted on Planning 125

Hello, I'm new to the forum and also wedding planning as we are only recently engaged! I just wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of a 2019 brides thread, if one exists? Thank you! x

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and also wedding planning as we are only recently engaged! I just wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of a 2019 brides thread, if one exists?

Thank you! x

125 replies

• M
    Curious September 2019
    Missus_Mop ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yay! What style of wedding are you having? Have you got much sorted yet? It's a village hall for us. We do at least have our venue sorted! x

• H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're having an English country garden type thing - we found a mill with a beautiful garden, marquee and a gazebo for the ceremony. The venue is lovely, but to be honest, we fell in love with the owner, Greg. He's just wonderful! I feel like if anything goes wrong on the day, he will just fix it, give me a hug and tell me everything is going to be ok!

Got pretty much all the big things sorted - food, photographer, music, all done.

I've got BM skirts sorted, just need to get tops and make some flower crowns. Been buying up lots of decorations from Facebook! Plus our venue has set up a closed group for people getting married there, so we're all swapping ideas, which is really lovely!

I'm going dress shopping next month!

How about you? X

• H
    Expert September 2019
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aww this sounds lovely, love the idea of an art gallery! Hope you guys have a lovely day! X

• M
    Curious September 2019
    Missus_Mop ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow you have so much ticked off! It sounds like you'll have a beautiful wedding, and the owner of the venue will make it very special for you.

We're still talking to caterers - have a couple in mind but they are so slow in getting back! But there's a guy who lives local to us who is in our friend-group, and he's just rekindled his vegan catering business, so we may well end up using him.

We've paid the deposit on our village hall, and my sister (a bridal makeup artist, wedding stylist and tiara-maker! VERY handy!) has started to put together some ideas for styling the venue - we want a bird/rustic/fresh pale green/foliage theme. She will be making my headpiece, corsage and table centrepiece, too, which is amazing.

Oh - I have actually bought my dress! I found one on sale and it was the last, and a real bargain, so I bought it. Will get my aunty to alter the length slightly. She's a dressmaker and also a cakemaker, so will be doing our wedding cake (very handy having these talented family members, lol).

Other than bouncing ideas around and booking the venue though, we haven't done an awful lot else. Oh - we have had a personalised stamp made so we can do our own invitations with that!

Exciting stuff, though x

• H
    Expert September 2019
    • Hide content

I'VE BOUGHT MY WEDDING DRESS!!!!

Went shopping last week and this, and it was the second dress in the third shop! I so nearly didn't go, as I thought I'd found the one in the first shop, but as soon as I put this dress on, I knew I didn't want to look at any others and cancelled my final appointment!

I'm so impatient for it to get here now so I can put it on again! X

• H
    Beginner November 2018
    HappyBlueDiamonds19808 ·
    • Hide content

Hello! You can try to contact here!

• A
    Beginner January 2019
    Ash189T ·
    • Hide content

Just seen this post we are getting married 31st Jan 2019 ... we have been engaged since 2016... only booked it two weeks ago, it was a last minute deal so couldn't refuse.

i have my dress got it in June & photographer bridesmaid dresses

looking forward to it ... good luck and happy planning to all other 2019 Brides xx

• F
    Beginner October 2019
    FloProActiv ·
    • Hide content

Oh god this thread is making me feel so behind!

Got engaged last week (after 9 years together), and are looking to get married as close as possible to our 10th anniversary - nearest Saturday is 26th October.

I've booked three venues for view over the weekend - need to type up my massive list of questions so that I can take them and terrify the wedding coordinators ?

• H
    Expert September 2019
    • Hide content

Congratulations!!

Ahh, I loved the venue viewing stage, it was so nice! Don't worry about asking your questions, they should be expecting it! I actually found that most of the venues I viewed answered my questions before I had a chance to answer them. Get a good feel for the person you meet too - are they going to be involved with your wedding planning, and can you see yourself getting on well with them? We saw some beautiful venues, but the thing that swung it for us was the guy who owned it - he was wonderful! Also, the day after we viewed it, we went to a wedding fair and spoke with different suppliers - when we mentioned the venue we've gone for, they all said 'ahh yes, we've worked there, and Greg was amazing!'. It really helped us decide, as we want to make sure our suppliers are treated well!

Enjoy! X

• MrsStanleyToBe
    Beginner January 2019
    MrsStanleyToBe ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations and good luck with the venue search ?

I don't want to scare you, but, from our experience the main question that you should ask is who owns the venue! We searched for a year for the perfect venue and thought we'd found a beautiful manor house, set a date and put a deposit down. A year later by chance we were talking to my other halves boss and found out his sister lives in the village where the venue is and they had gone into administration ☹️ I work in finance and so asked my boss to look into their accounts and it wasn't good!!!

We immediately contacted the manager who tried to reassure us that the manor had been brought by someone else and it would be fine, but I just couldn't face a year of worry. Luckily my other halve managed to get the deposit back and cancel the contract and all we had booked at that point was the registrar, so only lost £50 and we found another gorgeous venue (by stalking our wedding coordinator on facebook, she's moved to this new place ?) it's much better value we have been able to invite more people ?

I still look on Tripadvisor at our original venue as I loved it so much, but they've been through 5 wedding coordinators in less than a year and it doesn't sound like the management are very good at all so lucky escape ?

Sorry to have put a dampner on your plans, I'm sure all your venues will be fine and beautiful, good luck and enjoy x

• R
    Beginner April 2019
    RomanticBrownCars953 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! I'm getting married 13th April 2019 so if you do book that date we will be getting married on the same day!

Like you my fiance works in a school so we did it around the Easter holidays. We booked the venue earlier this year and so far we have booked:

• Venue
    • Photographer
    • Video
    • Photobooth
    • Cake
    • DJ

I've also got by dress.

Enjoy the wedding planning and thanks for starting the 2019 thread ?

• F
    Beginner October 2019
    FloProActiv ·
    • Hide content

Thank you! (And also to Mrs_Smith, not sure if there's a multi quote function I'm missing...)

Thanks for the warning - part of my job is risk management, so I already have 'do you have public liability insurance' on my list of questions and intend to get insurance as soon as we start paying for anything.

I saw my parents tonight for the first time since we got engaged (they were on holiday last week) which was lovely. They're very happy, and also seem quite happy not to get too involved, which is reassuring (having heard from friends and colleagues who have told me parental overinvolvement horror stories)

Really hoping that one of the venues this weekend feels like 'the one', because I'd really like to get a date booked in. I'm pretty set on 26th October, as I really want it to be close to our 10 year anniversary. My favourite venue (on paper) currently has it available, so keeping my fingers crossed.

• H
    Expert September 2019
    • Hide content

10 more days and then it's our wedding year!!!

Merry Christmas and good luck!! X

• F
    Beginner June 2019
    FutureMrsB2019 ·
    • Hide content

6 months today and I will be waking up for the last time as a MISS! x

• H
    Expert September 2019
    • Hide content

Happy 2019 everyone!

How is everyone's planning going?

We booked our honeymoon on New Year's Eve ?

X

• L
    Dedicated June 2019
    LuxuriousPurpleBridesmaid73066 ·
    • Hide content

June 1st for me and most of the big stuff is done. Still to sort bridesmaids dresses though as my bridesmaids range from a size 10 to a size 24. I’m thinking I might go same colour different styles at the moment.

• A
    Beginner January 2019
    Ash189T ·
    • Hide content

Happy new year all!

Wedding planning is in full swing 29 days left until the big day! Most has been done, I just have a few bits and bobs to sort. So exciting!

I do need to sort the bridesmaids and MOB gift but think I have an idea now.

Happy planning ladies! Enjoy every minute xx

• S
    Beginner November 2019
    Seb2019 ·
    • Hide content

Hello everyone...newbie here but thought I would say hello, got engaged on my birthday in Nov 2018 and we have just booked our wedding for 9th November this year! We just have the venue and wedding night hotel sorted so far but I am starting to research photographers and florists. Will probably go dress shopping in March. Exciting stuff!

• L
    LuxuriousBlueStationery61814 ·
    • Hide content

How many are you all having? I'm having 4 but really want a 5th Embarrassed is it too many?

• E
    ExpensivePinkStationery57890 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations On getting married this year everyone. I thought it would be nice to share with you a new service we are providing. Indoor Fireworks! We can help make the really special moments e.g. you entrance, first dance, cutting the cake etc... MAGICAL.

Our products are a brand new technology. they produce next to no smoke or smell, and the sparks are safe enough to touch. I won't bore you with the details... I have attached a video of our products in action.

[View:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlp7UoCmyrs:550:0]

Let us know what you think Smiley smile

• F
    Savvy August 2019
    Fairy5 ·
    • Hide content

Yay it's our wedding year!!! I have done most stuff. I just have to sort invites (too many to choose from), bridesmaids, rings and menswear. Oh and book the honeymoon. But we are basically there with that after 3 months of emailing the poor guy at Trailfinders! We are off to South Africa for 10 days followed by a week in Zanzibar. Where has everyone else booked for honeymoon?

• H
    Expert September 2019
    • Hide content

@LuxuriousBlueStationary - I don't think 5 is too many! I have 6 bridesmaids myself. It's all down to what you can afford and who you want there. My girls are 6 friends from different areas of my life, and I couldn't choose between them! It is expensive, so I'm not having their hair and make up done - we're having quite a relaxed wedding anyway, so they don't need anything fancy. I've got their skirts/tops sorted, and have asked them to wear whatever shoes they are comfy in.

@Fairy5 - we've just booked 2 weeks in Costa Rica at the beginning of October Smiley smile

I've just put together a timeline of all of my weekends between now and the wedding to plan when I need to get my DIY bits done! Getting excited now! X

• B
    Beginner August 2021
    Bonnielaurasmith ·
    • Hide content

What's a VR machine?

Jealous of how organised you are! We have a venue booked for July 19 and have SO MUCH TO DO!

• B
    Beginner August 2021
    Bonnielaurasmith ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What's a VR machine?

Jealous of how organised you are! We have a venue booked for July 19 and have SO MUCH TO DO!

• B
    Beginner August 2021
    Bonnielaurasmith ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What's a VR machine?

• MrsStanleyToBe
    Beginner January 2019
    MrsStanleyToBe ·
    • Hide content

We are travelling to 7 different places in Asia, Starting with 3 places in Vietnam Con Dao island, Ho Chi Minh and Hanoi. Then onto Laos, then 2 places in Cambodia, Siem Reap and Saracen Bay and ending up in Bangkok ... I can't wait ? mixture of lying on the beach doing nothing which I can easily do, and site seeing which my OH prefers!

... I can't believe we're getting married in 12 days ? x

• H
    Expert September 2019
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow! Good luck, I hope you have a wonderful day!!

Your honeymoon sound incredible! X

• S
    Beginner May 2019
    SorrentoBride ·
    • Hide content

Hello, I'm new here. Getting married 14th May 2019 in Italy. My fiance and I are going alone as we want a quiet wedding, but didn't want to just pop to the local registry office! We'll be in Italy for 10 days, marrying on 5th day and the rest of the time is honeymoon. We will be marrying at the Cloisters di San Francesco, it's a pretty outdoor courtyard. We've just finished all the legal paperwork, and have bought wedding outfits and rings, and have booked the extras we need with our Italian wedding co-ordinators. Not long now, so we're getting excited! ?

• D
    Beginner June 2019
    Durhamchance ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow, I posted on this thread back in 2017 with 16 months to go. I’m not sure where the time has gone as now it’s only four months away!

I tried on my first wedding ring today which was exciting.

How is everyone else getting on now it’s our year?

• N
    Beginner March 2019
    NaomiSmith1992 ·
    • Hide content

Bit late to the thread but we are getting married 15th March in Tetbury Gloucestershire and its scary how fast it has come around! I have a spaghetti strap style dress with a low back and still haven't found anything for a cover up of some sort incase it is very cold can anyone think of places to try please! Smiley smile Happy planning everyone!

• N
    Beginner October 2019
    Nearly_Mrs_Brooks ·
    • Hide content

Hi All,

Also getting Married in 2019, October the 5th to be exact.

Have the venue, photographer, dress, photo-booth and DJ booked.

Trying to sort florist next and then cake and hair and make up are next after that.

Also struggling to find bridesmaids dresses, am paying for their whole outfit, so looking for something reasonably priced.

Invites are stressing me, I want to do as much DIY as i can to keep costs down but also want a decent finish on them!

Good luck to all who are getting married imminently!

227 Days to go! ?

• H
    Expert September 2019
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Maybe try ebay or Amazon? I've seen some nice ones on there! Just make sure it's a UK seller as it's more likely to get here in time! Hope you have an amazing day - not long to go!

We had our engagement anniversary on Tuesday, so took a day off together - and bought my wedding ring! H2B is still working on his - he's thinking a wooden one instead, as he doesn't like to idea of wearing something so expensive. I got platinum to go with my engagement ring ?

X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics