Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Happypinkconfetti2338
Savvy May 2022 West Midlands

2022 brides - how is the planning going?

Happypinkconfetti2338, 10 of November of 2020 at 09:26 Posted on Planning 1 12
Hello,

My partner and I got engaged earlier this year, and we have booked our wedding for May 2022.
I had an initial rush of wedding excitement after the engagement, so I booked the venue, catering, registrar, photographer and cake in fairly quick succession! I’m going to leave the rest of the planning until next year now I think as I’m not in a rush (there are still 18 months to go after all!).
How is everyone else getting along with the planning and how are you finding it?

12 replies

Latest activity by Starfishmoon, 5 of January of 2021 at 21:35
  • Jacky
    Savvy June 2022 West Yorkshire
    Jacky ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married in June 2022 and have done pretty similar to you. We got the venue sorted first, along with the registrar. I think I have found the photographer we want, just need to finalise details and we are also narrowing down bands.

I think focussing on the stuff that is likely to get booked up is useful, then most other things can wait until a bit closer to the time - I have an idea of colour theme but 18 months is a long time to stick with that.

I'm aiming to start dress shopping in the new year - I'm very indecisive and have family / friends quite spread out so want to have plenty of time to find the one!

• Charlotte
    Dedicated February 2022 South East London
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

We are February 2022. So far we have booked the venue, registrar, caterer and evening food van. We're going with mainly dried flowers, so won't be having a florist, but they are yet to be ordered. Still to book are DJ, photographer, hair and makeup and transport for our guests. We have also bought the wine as we have to provide that separately. I am in the middle of making my Save the Dates and I am also part way through sewing my wedding dress. I have my shoes too. I have also bought fabric for my bridesmaids' outfits and ties for the ushers.

• Lauren
    Curious May 2022 Essex
    Lauren ·
    • Hide content
    We’re also getting married in May 2022. I seem to have booked everything too. Venue, photographer, cake, hair abs make up! We’ve also ordered our save the dates. We’re tying to figure out the best time to send them as I’m worried about some people booking holidays etc.
  • Happypinkconfetti2338
    Happypinkconfetti2338 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congratulations! Wow, you’re super organised too. Are you having a big wedding?
    I considered save the dates, but we decided against it, as we’re only having 40 day guests and a lot of those are close family and friends who already know the wedding date.
    I think if you send them at the beginning of next year though, then that should be ok Smiley smile
  • Lauren
    Curious May 2022 Essex
    Lauren ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congratulations to you too!! It’s so exciting isn’t it! We’re have around 120 for the day. That’s mainly family and our 6 closest friends, we both come from huge families. We had to make the tough decision to only invite our other friends to the evening. Otherwise the cost just goes through the roof! Have you thought about what kind of dress you would like yet?
  • Happypinkconfetti2338
    Happypinkconfetti2338 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes it’s very exciting, can’t wait to get married! Big families then, wow! Definitely increases the cost by having more guests, but at the same time it’ll be such a good reception in the evening with that many people - like a big party.
    I’ve been looking at dresses online but I really can’t decide what I want at all. I think I’m going to have to try loads on!! Have you seen any you like?
  • Lauren
    Curious May 2022 Essex
    Lauren ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So my OH has already pointed out that the dress shopping is the one thing that he is glad he is not involved in. He thinks I will be an absolute nightmare. I’m hoping the right dress finds me. How do you find booking your venue? When we booked ours they only had 2 Saturday left for the whole of 2022! I couldn’t believe it. I think that’s why I’ve been so organised and booked everything! ?
  • Happypinkconfetti2338
    Happypinkconfetti2338 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha, I think the dress is so important though. Definitely one of the major things for me. I can’t wait to go dress shopping next year. When are you thinking of going?
    I quite enjoyed going round the venues to be fair. We only went round 2. We chose the second one, but I loved them both! I think 2022 is definitely going to be a big year for weddings!!
  • S
    Beginner August 2022 Nottinghamshire
    SunnyIvory98 ·
    • Hide content
    Congratulations! ? We are getting married on the 29th August 2022. We have booked the venue and registrar, designed our save the dates and invitations. We are hoping to send the Save the dates this month and hope to book the florist this month too. ?
  • Mrs Double-Barrelled To Be 85
    Beginner May 2022 West London
    Mrs Double-Barrelled To Be 85 ·
    • Hide content
    May 2022. So happy to be able to say ‘I’m getting married next year!’ We booked the venue and I went to look at dresses just before lockdown 2.0. I’ve since booked a registrar too and have bought save the date cards and now wondering when is best to get them sent out! Excited for the year of the planning!!! Hope everyone else’s is going well!! X
  • Lucy
    Curious April 2022 East Sussex
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    April 2022 and so far I’ve done venue, registrar, photographer and I’ve ordered save the dates. I’ve started looking at cakes and florists but not decided yet. So much to do!
  • Starfishmoon
    Curious May 2022 Kent
    Starfishmoon ·
    • Hide content
    Hi, we got engaged in September 2020. Our wedding is planned for May 2022. Super excited and investigating venues at the moment. I do have my dress already decided though! Yay!! ???

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics