Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner May 2024 Hampshire

Charlotte, 27 of January of 2021 at 00:06 Posted on Planning 0 6
Hi

I'm new to this. We have decided on a wedding in 2024.
I've seen a lot of people have started looking ahead at venues this far in advance due to places getting booked up. Do you think I should start messaging venues to go view them once we're allowed to.

6 replies

Latest activity by Ostira, 28 of June of 2022 at 12:12
  • HappyGreenCars10742
    Beginner August 2021 Essex
    HappyGreenCars10742 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Charlotte,

I would say it doesn't hurt to start looking, I viewed my venue in early 2019 and the earliest I could book at the time was 2021 for a weekend wedding, the popular venues do book up quite far in advance. Enjoy planning and don't feel pressured to book anything unless you think it is right, even if you don't find what you're looking for straight away it will give you a sense of what you want.

• C
    Beginner May 2024 Hampshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I've messaged some venues today just to see what they can offer etc. Smiley smile
  • Amy
    Beginner May 2024 Essex
    Amy ·
    • Hide content
    Yes! We wanted ours next year but could only get a 2024 date. So I would say defiantly start looking x
  • L
    Dedicated September 2023 Derbyshire
    Lizzie ·
    • Hide content
    We got engaged in (I think) November 2019, and are getting married in September '23. We had a lot of other stuff going on like needing to move house, but I also knew that after Covid a lot of people would be getting married this year, so we decided to wait. Having said that, we did go about 18 months in advance (in about March this year) and they were still booked up on the 'popular' months.
  • Kayleigh
    Rockstar October 2023 Bristol
    Kayleigh ·
    • Hide content

I booked June 2021 for October 2023 to make sure I got the date I wanted Smiley smile

• Ostira
    Dedicated October 2023 Durham
    Ostira ·
    • Hide content
    It definitely doesn’t hurt to have a look and get an idea of what you both want. Venues are just catching up with the COVID backlog of delayed weddings so I think that’s why they’re getting booked fast! I feel like if you view one and you both love it, go ahead and book it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics