Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Becky&Tom2026
Beginner May 2026 Warwickshire

2026 Bride, really unsure about make up, help please!

Becky&Tom2026, 24 of March of 2024 at 15:59 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 12

Hey everyone!

Hope you are all having an awesome time building the visons for your day.

I am a Sales Manager for a Wedding Venue and have been working weddings for 11 years so I have pretty seen everything - definitely didn't think we'd be planning our day.

We have a very low key vision for the day in terms of décor so the dress will likely follow that theme.

With make up, does any one have any advice for those that are not into the full on glam?

I know it will all depend on the dress, and I will be booking a make up artist, it's just finding the right one without spending lots of trials.

Any advice would be great!

Thank you so much in advance.

12 replies

Latest activity by Chris, 10 of June of 2024 at 01:06
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

If you want something low key, why not do your own makeup? (Or just go without!)

Otherwise, try checking out potential MUAs via their websites and social media to see what kind of look they produce when asked for a 'natural' or 'low key' look.

• S
    Beginner March 2024 North London
    Shay Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I second this suggestion. Do your own makeup. I did my own and just winged it on the day. I did 3 trials myself, with foundation, and realised that I didn't want foundation despite buying 3 shades to colour match. I didn't look like myself with foundation, so kept it very minimal for my base.

My steps on my wedding day was:
    Usual face care. I did a facial scrub 2 days prior and did my own at home facial 4 weeks prior and carried on with the skin routine. Day of routine was micellar water (I wash with face soap at night only), toner, vit c serum, vit c eye cream, brightening vit c facial oil, moisturiser, then most important of all a makeup primer. I used e.l.f power grip primer.

Did my brows with a gel to keep them in place and a pen to fill in sparse areas Colour correct dark areas, marks on skin and under eyes

Concealer on top of the colour corrected areas and blended out with a brush and damp beauty blender

Loose powder lightly on the face cause I have a very oily t zone as well as on the areas that I used concealer

Pressed powder to the t zone, also very lightly

Blush & bronzer

Setting spray, to set the base

Eye shadow in a mix of orange and browns

Mascara, pencil for my water line

Lipstick

Then a fixing spray to hold my face in place

I was happy with it because it didn't feel over the top for my non makeup wearing self.
    So if you wanna do it yourself, you can, just practice. Take pictures with flash, in natural light and in dark areas to see what your makeup looks like. Come back to the photos in a few days and see if you like the look. That's how I discovered I don't like foundation or even tinted moisturiser.

Good luck
    2026 Bride, really unsure about make up, help please! 1

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You look lovely and absolutely nailed the low key makeup look. Congratulations on your wedding.

• Ivana
    Dedicated August 2024 East London
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content

Go for something that will enhance your natural beauty and features. If you are not into full glam, go for a simple glowy makeup look, or you might not like to be glowy so switch it up. I would say go for what you would feel yourself in and you would be comfortable too. If you don't wear makeup on a daily basis, you might find it uncomfortable to have a full face of makeup the whole day. You have a lot of time to look at different looks and to decide what you want to go for. Best places for inspo would be Pinterest and Instagram.

• J
    Savvy April 2024 West London
    Joanna ·
    • Hide content
    Hey I tried the full bridal make up which was a disaster as it looked very overdone and now had a bridal make up lesson with Bobby brown in John Lewis. Great service.cost is redeemable against products. Very happy with my look. Take some Pinterest pictures with you that you like if you do this option. I also don't wear a lot of makeup
  • M
    Beginner March 2024 Tamil Nadu
    Monster ·
    • Hide content

For premier single and double glazing doors in Thanjavur, Senthur Glass is your trusted destination. Renowned for excellence and innovation, we offer a diverse selection of doors crafted with precision and quality materials to enhance both aesthetics and functionality. Whether you prioritize maximizing natural light with single glazing or seek superior insulation and energy efficiency with double glazing, our expert team ensures tailored solutions to meet your specific needs. With a commitment to customer satisfaction, Senthur Glass provides seamless consultation, precise installation, and ongoing support, guaranteeing a superior experience from selection to completion. Elevate your space in Thanjavur with our premium single and double glazing doors, where craftsmanship, durability, and style converge seamlessly.

• Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 Warwickshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    I think most MUA will be able to follow your brief and give you what you want. I don’t wear a lot of makeup so didn’t want to be heavy glam, but needed something that would last. I just typically scrolled through IG and looked for people who tended to do more mature brides and went from there!
    Good luck x
  • Katrina
    Dedicated February 2025 West Midlands
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Beautiful 😍 hope your wedding was everything that you hoped for!♡
  • Becky&Tom2026
    Beginner May 2026 Warwickshire
    Becky&Tom2026 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Congratulations Smiley heart You look absolutely incredible!

Thank you so much for your advice!!! Smiley heart

• S
    Shay Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much. Sorry I'm late

• S
    Shay Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you. Whatever you decide to do I hope it works out for you.

• S
    Shay Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you. It was. And it was lovely.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics