Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jazmyn
Beginner October 2026 Essex

2026 Wedding

Jazmyn, 15 of May of 2024 at 15:25 Posted on Planning 1 14
Hi All, we booked our wedding venue for October 2026 and I am so super excited to start planning. Is it too soon to start booking our suppliers?

We have our DJ and currently on the search for a photographer/videographer. But what about makeup/hair, potentially my future sister-in-law will be doing our flowers. For example the cake, I’m allergic to gluten so its probably important to get that done sooner so I can get the right supplier and not be stuck with a ‘normal’ cake and nothing for me!
Also the majority of our guests will be travelling to the venue from a min of 1 hour away so might have a large volume of people needing hotels. When is it reasonable to send save the dates?
Thanks!!

14 replies

Latest activity by Sara, 28 of May of 2024 at 12:53
  • K
    Beginner April 2025 Surrey
    Kelly ·
    • Hide content
    First of all congratulations! Our wedding is April 2025 but we booked over 2 years in advance as wanted a specific venue and date. We secured the suppliers we loved early, and some held their prices which was a bonus. Others took provisional bookings stating the price may alter slightly. Obviously, if you really want a supplier, booking early will hopefully guarantee availability but if you do, stay away from Instagram and wedding planning sites or you may regret your choices! I'd suggest enjoying the research and book in those suppliers as you feel you meet the right ones!
  • Valyria
    Savvy October 2026 West Sussex
    Valyria ·
    • Hide content
    Welcome! I am also an October 2026 bride and we booked our venue/DJ/Photographer and hair and makeup artist last year (May 2023) so it’s definitely not too early to be planning.

I wanted all the big things locked in asap just so it will help us budget and gave us longer to pay everything off, but everyone is different.
    As for save the dates we’re sending them out 12 months in advance (October 2025) and then formal invitations 6-8 months before the wedding (Feb/April 2026) because everyone we want there already knows the details really (we’re having an intimate wedding of around 40 guests)
    Enjoy your planning Smiley smile
  • Chantelle
    Curious October 2026 Cheshire
    Chantelle ·
    • Hide content

Another 2026 bride here!

We've booked venue, caterers, flowers, cake, DJ, photographer, hair & make-up already! It made sense mainly to give us time to pay for everything.

My date is 31st Oct 2026 and I'm sending out save the dates a year before. I've already told the important people so most of our guests are aware. I think a year before makes sense but if you have people travelling from far away or people who might need to make arrangements like childcare, it could be an idea to give them a heads up before you send.

Its hard not to get carried away though. I'm restraining myself from going dress shopping Smiley laugh

• Jazmyn
    Jazmyn ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! Yeah I think we’ll be the same because we’re so excited
  • Jazmyn
    Jazmyn ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I’m definitely enjoying the planning! We’re off to a wedding fair tomorrow Smiley smile
  • Jazmyn
    Jazmyn ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! This has made me feel so much better because I didn’t know if I was being too keen booking things in Smiley smile
  • Jazmyn
    Jazmyn ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!! I agree its so hard to reign myself in, I want to book everything as soon as possible! All my close friends and family know the date so it should be okay to hold off but I want to get arts and crafty, maybe try to do the save the dates myself to save some cash
  • Jazmyn
    Jazmyn ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Also another question for you because this is stressing me out haha! Did you have makeup&hair trials before you booked?
  • Chantelle
    Curious October 2026 Cheshire
    Chantelle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha ask anything you need! We’re in this madness together.
    I’ve not booked my trials yet. Personally, I want to find my dress first so I’m probably going to book after that. I’m dress shopping next year so I’ll be booking late 2025/early 2026.
    If you’re chosen team is ok booking though, nothing wrong with securing a date.
  • E
    Beginner September 2024 Wiltshire
    Eddie ·
    • Hide content
    Hey are you for real?
  • Valyria
    Savvy October 2026 West Sussex
    Valyria ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Are you, Eddie?
  • K
    Beginner October 2026 Leicestershire
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, I'm also a 2026 October bride!

We've already booked the photographer, videographer and DJ, but we're in the same boat as you regarding hair & make-up, debating whether it's too early Smiley ups The hope was that I would be able to align trials with dress shopping, so I would get the best idea of what I'll look like on the day, but I know I'm being really hopeful about whether that's possible or not haha.

We have sent out save the dates already, but this is because we know a lot of our guests book holidays for this period really far in advance, and we have a couple of people who are in the army, so as much notice as possible was best! We're planning on sending out the formal invitations 9 months in advance, as the overnight rooms need to be confirmed 4 months before.

I'll self admit that I have definitely gotten carried away with the planning, and at this point, the hair & make-up and cake are the only things that aren't already settled Smiley xd

• Louise
    Beginner October 2025 Hampshire
    Louise ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! definently not to early. I get married October 2025 and i had all my big vendors booked last year as i wanted to know the rough amount i needed to save for. all i have left to do is plan the few DIY projects i have planned.

• Read
    Beginner May 2024 Pakistan
    Read ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations on booking your wedding venue! It's never too early to start planning, especially for something as special as your wedding.

For suppliers, it's great that you already have a DJ and are looking for a photographer/videographer. Starting early ensures you get the best options and availability. For makeup/hair and other suppliers, booking 1-2 years in advance is generally a good idea, especially if they are in high demand.

Given your gluten allergy, it's definitely wise to start looking for a cake supplier sooner rather than later to ensure you have a delicious, safe option for yourself.

Regarding save the dates, sending them out 12-18 months in advance is reasonable, especially with many guests traveling from afar. This gives everyone plenty of time to make arrangements.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics