Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrspetal
Beginner February 2014

22 days to go and my dress is still tight!!

Mrspetal, 23 of January of 2014 at 13:06 Posted on Planning 0 15

I have lost 1 1/2 stone and I've just had my second dress fitting.

I can't sit down in my dress!!! It hurts.

The seamstress is letting it out by 2cm but I don't think it's enough.

I'm doing the 30 shred, slimming world and I've been eating really well since Boxing Day.

I feel so down and pissed off.

Someone please give me some pointers of how to get some more weight off and quick.

15 replies

Latest activity by The Little Jewellery Box, 23 of January of 2014 at 21:08
  • *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Hopefully you'll feel much more comfortable when it's let out the 2cm's!
    If your budget can stretch I've heard of those weight loss wrap things you can go for? They apparently make people lose a few inches in one session and I've heard a lot of good things about them.
    I love green tea and always had a bigger loss at ww when I drank a lot of it, or you can get the green tea tablets from Holland and barrets for when on the go..
    Other than that I can't really think of how to do it quick other than cutting out carbs..I've heard that can really help with weight loss but i'm a big bread lover so never found out haha.
    Exercise is funny sometimes as well and maybe your body needs a change other than 30 day shred, maybe a visit to the gym or going running or something? I always find when I've lost weight I need to do more to shift it, I got myself a ww pedometer and it helped me keep track of how much I was burning so maybe something like that or those apps people use?

Hopefully you're worrying for nothing though and you'll feel a lot better when it's altered more, try & keep calm i'm sure itll all work out and you'll look & feel great Smiley smile

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content

Firstly well done on your weightloss you have done fab!

I too had my final dress fitting yesterday and after she told me not to lose any weight from my first fitting, my measurement were exactly the same as last time too, yesterday she told me i need to lose a few lbs now, the dress does up its just tight - i swear its shrunk as how can it be the same?? So i do feel your pain.

Could you maybe change your food, are you in a rut eating the same thing your body could be used to it? maybe a change will boost the weight loss?

Carry on shredding - Can you move up a level?

Can you walk more? Ditch the car? Add a few extra cardio sessions to your day?

Can you try cutting out carbs? I know you shouldnt really cut out food groups but still.

Have you got anywhere that has a powerplate near you? they are fab for toning up.

Please dont get too upset, carry on doing what your doing, 1 1/2 stone weight loss proves what your doing is right! Well done and good luck.

• R
    Beginner March 2014
    rainforest7sparkle ·
    • Hide content

As has been mentioned cutting out carbs might be an idea just temporarily. I always find I lose weight much better/quicker when I cut out bread and potato and have smaller portions of rice and pasta.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

Carry on eating carefully, exercise as much as you can and maybe try and inch loss wrap. My friend had one the day before her wedding last year and lost 11 inches. It's only a quick fix but it really helped her.

Good luck!

• StrangerByName
    Beginner March 2015
    StrangerByName ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

You're doing so well, congrats on losing so much weight already!
    I would suggest the 7lbs in 7 days diet. I've got alot of friends who have done this diet and it REALLY works! I'm planning on doing it the week before my wedding. It's incredibly good for you, as you're detoxing your body as well as losing weight.

Here's the website for the guy who created it; he's abit of a typical super-enthusiastic American, but don't let that put you off.

http://www.juicemaster.com/7lbs-in-7-days-super-juice-diet.html

I promise you, if you stick to it, this will work!

God luck!

x

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

It depends, do you have weight to lose or is the dress too small? If you think you have weight to lose then go with stepping things up a gear ... if you're already slim and don't think you'll be able to lose much more, talk to your seamstress - she should be making that dress fit you, not the other way 'round!

Well done on losing so much so far, you must be so pleased Smiley smile

• G
    Beginner December 2013
    Gladys78 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Mrspetal

I know that feeling.

We got married last month and I collected my dress two weeks before the big day. I must of put on weight after the final fitting as it did up ok but was very tight and there was no way I would have been able to sit down comfortably. I was gutted.

So for the following two weeks I cut out the crap, only had soup and a roll or salad for lunch and cut out carbs for dinner and had loads of veg. Two days a week I just had soup for dinner and I jogged with the dog instead of just walking (I'm no runner) I also cut out wine (well mostly) ?

It worked. I lost 7 1bs and on the day the dress was a little too big!

You can do it too. I'm not usually very good at losing weight but looking and feeling good in my dress really was the best incentive!

Good luck x

• MischiefMumma
    Beginner August 2014
    MischiefMumma ·
    • Hide content

Well done on what you've done so far thats fantastic! I started taking these teas called Slimatee from Holland and Barret, they're only a few quid and they make you erm, go. They've got senna leaf in them so they get your digestive system moving. I was 76.6 KG on Monday and this morning I was 74.4. So 2 kg in four days. You take them for two weeks so i'd maybe wait a week before you take them to get the maximum effect out of them and only take one a day or you might end up like the food poisoning scene from Bridesmaids!!! They really are fab! I've been cutting out carbs too but only white potatoes, pasta, rice and bread. Eat lots of veg to fill you up and try to eat walnuts or almonds as a snack as they have omega 3 fatty acids in which bust belly fat (not that you'll have any now!!) Try some water retention tablets but maybe not at the same time as the tea just to give you that extra boost. Good luck hun you're doing fantastic!! ?

• bex_boo
    Beginner August 2014
    bex_boo ·
    • Hide content

Do you have an iPhone? If so, download the My Fitness Pal App.

Tell it your weight and what your target weight is, and the time frame. It will calculate foryou the number of calories you can consume in a day. And be honest with it, and the weight will come off.

Admittedly, this App is better if you have a bit longer, but as a short term thing it can't hurt either. You'd be surprised at the calorie content of things.

Also, and I hate doing this because it makes me feel a bit odd and obsessive with food but it is necessary for the App - weigh your food to work out what a proper portion is. I used to eat my breakfast granola in what I thought was a portion. A real portion is about a third of the size of what I had.

So it really makes you stop and think about what you're eating.

Good luck. x

• terri_cramp
    Beginner May 2015
    terri_cramp ·
    • Hide content

Like the other ladies have said, well done on losing what you have done already, it's not easy especially if you don't have a lot to lose, I sometimes think it can be harder.

A friend of mine takes a tablet called T5, it supresses her appetite.. I tried one and it sent me a bit loopy so I wont take it again, lots of caffeine.. I wanted to run a marathon and couldn't eat a thing all day but come 3pm I wanted to sleep... my friend however gets on really well with them and she runs 5miles a day, and eats enough to keep he body going, and only eats because she has to. I think its meant to be taken before a work out.

good luck and im sure you will look beautiful regardless of few pounds!

X

• terri_cramp
    Beginner May 2015
    terri_cramp ·
    • Hide content

Like the other ladies have said, well done on losing what you have done already, it's not easy especially if you don't have a lot to lose, I sometimes think it can be harder.

A friend of mine takes a tablet called T5, it supresses her appetite.. I tried one and it sent me a bit loopy so I wont take it again, lots of caffeine.. I wanted to run a marathon and couldn't eat a thing all day but come 3pm I wanted to sleep... my friend however gets on really well with them and she runs 5miles a day, and eats enough to keep he body going, and only eats because she has to. I think its meant to be taken before a work out.

good luck and im sure you will look beautiful regardless of few pounds!

X

• Penny P
    Beginner March 2014
    Penny P ·
    • Hide content

You'll be amazed at how much difference 2cm makes (I'm still talking about the dress ladies. tut tut)

You've done so well with your weight loss so far, stick with it, you can lose a few pounds before your big day but be sensible - no crash dieting, it'll only make you feel ill for your big day.

Keep us posted

x

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

Well done on your weight loss so far, and for eating well since boxing day! Are you doing weight training at all? If not try to include it in exercise as weight comes off much quicker if you do weights as well.

• Mrspetal
    Beginner February 2014
    Mrspetal ·
    • Hide content

Wow... So many great ideas, thankyou all so much.

I'm gonna shake up the diet and more carbs out and eat more veg.

The wrap thing sounds amazing.. I'm going to ask about and see if anyone knows where I can get that done.

Ive taken notes of EVERYTHING said and holland and Barrett are going to get a visit from me!

My dress was off the rack and that wasn't the intention when I went in. It wouldn't even do up when I purchased it.

Really am proud of myself for losing this weight, wanted to look at the pictures and think, yes you worked hard and it paid off.

Im really emotional today! But a lot happier now.

i will look amazing! Very determined Smiley smile

• A
    Beginner March 2014
    ash.deans ·
    • Hide content

It's called shrinking violet wrap. Heard really good things so I've booked one for the week before too! Some places are super pricey but others not so bad!

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

Well done on your weight loss! Try not to worry, easier said than done I know!

All fab advice. I lose more when I cut back on bread, pasta, rice potatoes etc, like many have said. I allow carbs at breakfast though (not white) but never at dinner time.

you can get slimatee which seems to help me too. It's a tea available at local health shops or holland and Barrett.

but I find green tea tablets bring me out in spots... Just a word of warning! Perhaps where you detox but maybe just me!

Dont worry, you have time. You've done really well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics