Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

£229 wedding packages?! Has anyone used Big Day Productions? Sounds too good to be true?!

31 of July of 2013 at 18:58 Posted on Planning 0 10

So I almost fell off my chair when I found this company (got the link from hitched.co.uk). They have wedding packages from as cheap as £229 - £1179 ranging between 3 and 8 hour coverage. The £500-ish mark is around our budget. "There must be a catch!" I thought, so I googled reviews and all seem pretty good!

This is too cheap... There must be a catch?!?!?!?!

Their website:-

Special offer prices:-

https://bigdayproductions.co.uk/weddings/wedding-photographer-west-yorkshire/

Mixed package price list:-

https://bigdayproductions.co.uk/includes/wedding-packages-mixed.html

Review site:-

15 excellent Reviews (1 negative from someone who doesn't appear to have actually used them)

https://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/big-day-productions-motherwell?utm_campaign=qype_uk&utm_source=referrer

10 replies

Latest activity by Big Day Productions, 22 of September of 2014 at 11:11
  • Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

It looks as though it's a photography agency, so there isn't one particular photographer that shoots all the weddings.

Based on the feel I get from their FB page....

'Well the Wedding season is well under way for us, lots of Weddings on this weekend, we're shooting all over the UK, Woodlands Castle in Taunton, Prestead Hall in Essex, The Stone Barn, Cheltenham, Hotel on the Park, Cheltenham, the Luxury Mar Hall in Renfrewshire to name just a few! Lots going on so we'll keep you posted. Have a good weekend!'

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

I'd say it's important to know who's turning up, what their work is like and to have some sort of rapport.

Wedding photography is a really personal thing. If there's a way of finding out who the tog will be, their portfolio etc then look into it. Smiley smile

• Childhood-Sweet<3
    Beginner July 2014
    Childhood-Sweet<3 ·
    • Hide content

Not sure whether this is good advice or not, but another way to keep costs down for a TOG is to perhaps approach local colleges/universities? There may be some amateur TOGs that would do it at a much lesser rate. Just a suggestion, but you never know.

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

We seen them as well during our hunt for a decent tog, and was too wary to enquire. There was just something about their website and the fact it was an agency that worried me.
    I prefer one person or in our case 2 togs that we'll meet personally and discuss our plans, I didn't like the fact that some of the photos looked nice but that you are paying a set amount and could end up with a tog who isn't as experienced as others or know there are better ones that you're missing out on. May be all very well though, won't do any harm to email or arrange a meet up and a chat and seeing portfolios and albums of the specific tog you're getting will be best Smiley smile

• Gemma Lawrence
    Gemma Lawrence ·
    • Hide content

As a photographer I wouldn't want to work for an agency. I like the social side of meeting my clients and building a rapport with them in the lead to their wedding day. I would hate to be told a day or two in advance that I am shooting x & y''s wedding at x venue without meeting them and knowing what they like/their personalities etc
    There are always photographers around that can cater to reasonable budgets, £500 isn't a bad budget and I am sure you would find a reputable photographer for that even if you compromise a tad on coverage.

By all means though, arrange a meeting with them and see if you get to meet the photographer that will shoot your wedding.

• Gemma Lawrence
    Gemma Lawrence ·
    • Hide content

Did you find any info out Miss M?

• Big Day Productions
    Big Day Productions ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,
    I thought it would be good if you got a response from us here at Big Day Productions, so that we can hopefully clear up a few concerns that some people might have and provide the peace of mind that you might need.
    The costs you see on our website are not too good to be true, just because our costs are affordable, doesn't mean that the quality of your photos will be inferior.
    All you need to do is have a look on our Facebook page where we have hundreds of images for you to have a look at, we think they're stunning however we will let you make your own mind up. Don't forget to have a look at our many positive reviews that also reflect the quality of our service.
    Our photographers are all professionals within the industry, they all use only high end camera bodies and equipment along with backup equipment in the unlikely event of any technical problems.
    We have a team of dedicated professional photographers who work with us all over the UK, the reason we are able to keep our costs to a minimum is simply because we provide our photographers with regular year round work, we are able to fill Wedding dates for them which they may not have been able to fill privately. It is partly because of this that our photographers are able to price their services to us at a reduced rate and these savings are then passed onto you.
    You can be 100% confident that your photographer will be a professional photographer, if you do wish to view the gallery of the photographer that would be with you on your Wedding Day prior to booking your photography with us, we will be more than happy to provide this information to you providing we are available so that you can decide for yourself if our service is right for you.
    If you do have any questions at all regarding any aspect of our service, we would be more than happy to answer these for you as best as we can so that you are able to make an informed decision.We hope that we have been able to clear up the concerns that have been raised however if anybody does have any further questions at all then please feel free to get in touch with us via phone, email or post and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
    If you do have any questions at all regarding any aspect of our service, we would be more than happy to answer these for you as best as we can so that you are able to make an informed decision.
    We hope that we have been able to clear up the concerns that have been raised however if anybody does have any further questions at all then please feel free to get in touch with us via phone, email or post and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi there,

I thought it would be good if you got a response from us here at Big Day Productions, so that we can hopefully clear up a few concerns that some people might have and provide the peace of mind that you might need.

The costs you see on our website are not too good to be true, just because our costs are affordable, doesn't mean that the quality of your photos will be inferior.

All you need to do is have a look on our Facebook page where we have hundreds of images for you to have a look at, we think they're stunning however we will let you make your own mind up. Don't forget to have a look at our many positive reviews that also reflect the quality of our service.

Our photographers are all professionals within the industry, they all use only high end camera bodies and equipment along with backup equipment in the unlikely event of any technical problems.

We have a team of dedicated professional photographers who work with us all over the UK, the reason we are able to keep our costs to a minimum is simply because we provide our photographers with regular year round work, we are able to fill Wedding dates for them which they may not have been able to fill privately. It is partly because of this that our photographers are able to price their services to us at a reduced rate and these savings are then passed onto you.

You can be 100% confident that your photographer will be a professional photographer, if you do wish to view the gallery of the photographer that would be with you on your Wedding Day prior to booking your photography with us, we will be more than happy to provide this information to you providing we are available so that you can decide for yourself if our service is right for you.

If you do have any questions at all regarding any aspect of our service, we would be more than happy to answer these for you as best as we can so that you are able to make an informed decision.

We hope that we have been able to clear up the concerns that have been raised however if anybody does have any further questions at all then please feel free to get in touch with us via phone, email or post and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Many thanks,

Josh.

Big Day Productions.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics