Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Holly
Beginner November 2024 Norfolk

26 people hen do?!

Holly, 29 of August of 2023 at 10:36 Posted on Planning 0 5
Hi all, I need some advice!

I'm getting married November 24 so starting to plan my hen do for September 24. I'm looking at doing a really chilled out glamping weekend with lots of outdoor and hot tub goodness, maybe a few cocktails. I also know that this means everyone I would invite would enjoy it too from my mum and future mil, my sisters, my niece and my friends.
Thing is, when I add up the numbers it comes to 26 people including me. Would you believe I'm a massive introvert?! This is quite overwhelming!!
Me and my fiance have big families and I want them there but that's 8 hens already. Then I have friends in smaller pockets and they quickly add up (10 from my bigger group, 2 from another, 2 from another and 3 from the last).
I've just been on a glamping weekend with 15 and found it very overwhelming and exhausting, and now I'm not sure what to do. If its my weekend and I've organised(ish, my bridesmaid will take over!) it will I feel differently? Or will I feel burnt out instantly? 😂
All ideas welcome - I have considered doing several smaller hens but that gets very confusing too 😬 thanks!

5 replies

Latest activity by SunnyPurpleFlowers85794, 15 of September of 2023 at 08:56
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I think it is manageable, depending on your crowd. If you can provide space for lots of downtime, so that introverts can recharge, and maybe have a range of things that people can do so that everyone is not in one big group all the time.

I went to a friend's birthday weekend with similar numbers, and while we were together for meals, the rest of the time, we tended to split into smaller groups. One group just liked curling up and reading or watching tv, one group went on long walks in the countryside and a third group pottered around the local towns. So that might be an option. Especially if you have a range of ages and backgrounds, you'll probably find that your guests will naturally want to do different things.

The one thing to bear in mind is if you are inviting anyone else who finds large groups difficult to cope with. Although you are probably not going to end up with 26 people anyway - it would be very unusual to find one date that works for so many people.

• S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    Holly you are me!!! I’m a huge introvert but a few years ago I was a massive out going person! My hen was 33 people. Same as you, small groups, big groups, family. I love these people with all of my heart. I wanted one hen and one only. My bridesmaids started sending ideas then I started to feel sick and overwhelmed and hated the attention. So we have decided a “smaller” away hen with bridal party, in laws and 3 friends which is a total surprise and then a large one in my home town, nice food and drinks and my mum will sort all of that out. It has made me feel better I can go home after it and know everyone else got home safe too but also feel guilty that I won’t have everyone there on my away hen but they’ll totally understand.
  • Luke and Jemima
    Beginner April 2024 Essex
    Luke and Jemima ·
    • Hide content

I feel you! I'm not even an introvert, but I find other peoples' massive hen dos exhausting and really didn't want the same for my own. I've decided to go away with my four bridesmaids and that's it; we may also have casual drinks with the 'womenfolk' a few days before the wedding. I've realised from going to a few hen dos now that smaller is better: you will have a better time if it's just your nearest and dearest, and you won't need to worry about them having a good time/groups mixing/people who have come alone. In my opinion massive hen weekends are a huge slog for everyone involved, and honestly sometimes you're doing people a favour by not making them go through it Smiley laugh

• Katie
    Savvy September 2024 Middlesex
    Katie ·
    • Hide content

Gosh I feel a little panicked just thinking about it. As others have said, people will naturally split into different groups. Have a few activity options and people will go off and do what they are interested in.

I am planning a overnight stay at a spa hotel with just my bestie, then some drinks with both our mutual friends.

• S
    Dedicated March 2024 Hertfordshire
    SunnyPurpleFlowers85794 ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

I had a similar problem so I've split it into 2 and having 2 hen do's! Doesn't mean you pay for anymore because people pay for themselves. But half of the people are my very close friends (my age) and we're going doing a weekend Europe trip, but the other half are family and maybe some older people (and people that didn't want to do the europe trip) and I'm having a fancy afternoon tea party at a hotel in london.

I don't know what I would have been able to organise if I would have done everyone together! Hopefully this gives you some ideas regarding maybe having two?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics