Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

X
Beginner

26th June 2020 UK- Covid19

xxxloloxxx, 23 of March of 2020 at 13:12 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi all,

This is my first post. I am due to get married 26th June 2020 in the U.K. my venue have contacted today to say that postponing is inevitable ?. I feel it’s to early to say this, I would rather hold out until nearer the time before making that decision. What do you all think?

Laura:-(

5 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 of May of 2021 at 13:52
  • Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

The problem with holding out is it keeps everyone else in limbo too.

Maybe see how things progress through April and make a decision at the end of next month?

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

To add to what Chris has said it might be also worth reminding you that there are many others in your situation and the sooner that you decide the better chance you will have of securing the new date you want.

Most of my weddings that have moved the date have moved it to almost the same time next year, I feel for my Summer weddings as they will not find it quite so easy to move the date to next Summer.

• H
    Beginner
    HappyAsLarry2020 ·
    • Hide content

Trust me when I say, get it postponed asap.

We were due to get married on the 27th June and very much has the same mindset as you. 14 weeks away, alot could change, dont want to regret postponing etc.

We made the decision midweek to cancel. Coronavirus is here to stay for a while and we face some horrible times ahead. The buildup is ruined, people will be on edge and you wont enjoy it.

2021 is extremely booked up already and all my suppliers have said dozens of weddings are being moved to 2021.

Take into account, tonight's wedding ban will likely invalidate any insurance as it is an act of government. The longer you leave it, the less likely your suppliers will move the date for free. At the minute, most will only have deposits. They are happy to move as they rather keep your full business, even for 2021.

Luckily it hasnt cost us a penny to change date and a massive weight is lifted. Gutted, but glad it's done.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I'd wait until the end of our current lockdown - by then, we may all have more idea of how things will work out. Mine is just a couple of days before you, and we're not making any decisions until we have to.

Might also be thinking about your options - would you be willing to have a smaller wedding this year, or do you want to hold out for your original plan next year?

• X
    Beginner
    xxxloloxxx ·
    • Hide content

Good morning! My decision has been made for me, the venue have postponed all weddings until July. Now there’s not any summer 2021 dates and it’s already proving extremely difficult to find a date that all suppliers and registrar can do ?.

Laura ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics