Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner April 2011

2nd dance song - for everybody not just bridal party

bit, 13 April, 2011 at 17:39 Posted on Planning 0 5

Wedding on sat and dont know what to play for second dance song. no fathers alive so want a song for everbody to dance to - any ideas? I am getting desperate...

5 replies

Latest activity by Sandysounds, 14 April, 2011 at 09:12
  • green-claws-entertainment
    green-claws-entertainment ·
    • Hide content

I usually play black eyed peas, i gotta feeling. This seems to be a great track to get old and young people dancing but really depends on the guests.

Every wedding is different due to the different tastes in music.

• B
    Beginner April 2011
    bit ·
    • Hide content

Ok it is an older bunch - lots of people 50, 60 70 year old - dont appreciate techno stuff - any other ideas - quite a few like country music

• green-claws-entertainment
    green-claws-entertainment ·
    • Hide content

Van morrison - brown eyed girl

jackie wilson - higher and higher

abba - dancing queen

supermes - baby love

its really hard without actally being there. But might give you a few ideas.

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

We're having "Walking on sunshine" for its pure cheese factor - and hope it will get people both laughing and dancing, and then "500 miles" as my H2B is a Scot.

Ps I am in my 50's and would be perfectly happy with the Black eyed Peas!!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

As one of the 'older bunch' LOL we loved Dancing on the Ceiling by Lionel Ritchie which got everyone up. Others we chose for us oldies at our daughter's wedding were Don't leave me this way Communards, Love Really Hurts without you Billy Ocean, Rocking all over the World Quo and upmteen Abba songs of which only Waterloo was played Smiley sad One thing I did notice is when the stuff came on like Lady Gaga etc, the dance floor emptied pretty quick! As a Motown and Soul babe who boogied in the 60's era, I can't stand music you can't dance to!

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

Neil Diamond - sweet caroline....its a good singalong and even if people don't get up they tend to join in at the tables by putting their hands up in the air and singing the chorus...its a good icebreaker.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics