Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner May 2016

2nd fitting - worried and upset now :(

MrsLBtoB, 11 of April of 2016 at 11:14 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi Ladies

I had my 2nd dress fitting on Friday and so worried and upset now Smiley sad

I have barely slept since and with 5 weeks to go am really starting to panic.... basically my dress was too big, ordered in a size 12 (mainly due to hips) but have lost some weight and after the first fitting its been taken in..

Its now too small and i've got an awful line across the middle of my dress (see pics). The lady assures me it will be sorted out and wont be there but i cant help thinking ive spend nearly £2k on a dress and it will look hideous. It was also taken in a little too much at the top so am really worried about "back boob" - she said its in my head but not comfortable at all.

I could actually cry - had anyone else had an unsuccessful fitting and then its all been ok??

x

10 replies

Latest activity by MrsLBtoB, 11 of April of 2016 at 16:55
  • P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear that your fitting didn't go as well as you hoped - although even with the line, the dress looks amazing on you.

Not speaking from a huge amount of experience - and I won't see my finished dress until Saturday! - but the two fittings I've had done have both had minor things wrong with them - lace snagging, needles still in place, etc. but I trust that the seamstress knows what she's doing and in any case, will do a much better job than I ever could!

From what I gather, they always allow a certain leeway with the material so she'll be able to let it loose a little which should get rid of the bunching of material.

The backboob, I'm sure, will be much worse in your mind than it is in real life.

Easier said than done, but try to relax. Don't go crazy with dieting - nothing is worth you compromising your health - and try to trust that they'll make the dress perfect for you. Have you got another fitting booked before you pick it up?

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    MrsLBtoB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Pooba - I have another fitting on 21st April so next week where I'm hoping it'll be much better.

Its just such a worry! x

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

You do look amazing in it, I agree! I would try to relax & it's good that you have another fitting scheduled next week, as I am sure they'll have sorted it by then. If not, then you'd be within your rights to kick up a bit of a stink as it's already been identified as requiring more work at this fitting & so they should sort it before next week (which I am sure they will). Would it make you feel any better to ring them up & tell them how worried you are, just so they can set your mind at rest?

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

Yes, did you express your worry at the fitting? Hopefully it will all be fine next week but if not, ask them to explain exactly what they're going to do to fix it so at least you know what's going on.

I'm sure your next fitting will be much better Smiley smile

• Vixy1987
    Beginner May 2016
    Vixy1987 ·
    • Hide content

Firstly, you look amazing in that dress, from the pics it looks like it fits you perfectly. Although I realise it's hard to see from pics!

The seamstress will know what they're doing so try not to worry, I know it's easier said then done but it will be OK. The worst thing to do is lose more weight as then it would need another fitting, try to maintain it and they will fix it for you I'm sure.

Like others have said, express any concern you have with the shop, they will be able to put your mind at rest I'm sure.

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content

A good bridal dress seamstress is like a magician. As long as you've spoken with her, she'll be able to fix it up for you.

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    MrsLBtoB ·
    • Hide content

Hi All

Thanks for your comments, the issue is that the lady in the shop is doing the pinning and then she sends off to the seamstress with her notes and asks her to do it.

I've spoken to the lady at the shop and she just said "dont worry, we will sort it" easier said than done not to worry!!

x

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content

I noticed you have another fitting on 21 April and don't marry until 21 May. If it makes you feel better, I only found my seamstress 5 weeks before my wedding, and it was all ok. You have heaps of time. ?

• Vixy1987
    Beginner May 2016
    Vixy1987 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes they are! I was very lucky in that I didn't need any adjustments in my dress but she did a magic trick with a hook and eye to hook my train up for dancing! I'm sure it's a common thing but I found it amazing!

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

It does look stunning on you and I agree the bridal seamstresses are magicians. Do you watch say yes to the dress? This crops up all the time and is always a happy ever after.

See how it goes may your next fitting and if there is still a problem I'm sure they can sort it but it might be worth saying OK I want the person altering it to do the pinning of it. Deep breaths. All will be good.

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    MrsLBtoB ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all, just needed to vent i think as cant really talk to anyone about it!

I am hoping on 21st April all will be fine but I'll let you know.

Thanks again for hearing the whinge x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics