Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2025 Hampshire

3 to give me away

Sophie, 17 of July of 2023 at 18:06 Posted on Planning 0 2
So I'm in the situation of wanting 3 people but mine is different.... My dad passed away 5 years ago, and I need my 3 brothers by my side to give me away. Because that way it will feel like my dad's there.... 3 special men in my life = to the most important man that can't be there..... But I need to figure out how to walk with the three of them I'm debating either have them staggered down the aisle but I'm not sure how big the aisle is yet to see if it's do-able..... Is there any other ideas, incase the aisle is small and I need a plan 'b'

2 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 18 of July of 2023 at 20:33
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content

If the aisle is long enough then you could walk a section with each of them.

If it's wide enough then you could walk with 1 on each arm and the 3rd maybe in front or behind. Need to consider where your photographer will be so they don't get in the way of their shots.
    You could also walk with 2 of them and then hand over to the 3rd at the altar. Then that 3rd brother could remain standing and be the one to say the official "I Do" when the registrar asks who gives you away. That way they all get their moment.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

The easiest way would be to split the aisle into three sections and have each one walk a third of it with you.

If it's a short aisle, then maybe consider including them in some other way - doing a speech, a reading or acting as witness.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics