Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

haylee81
Beginner May 2012

30 Day Shred!

haylee81, 4 January, 2012 at 12:03 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 65

Well today is my 2nd day of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and I'm sore as hell but no rest for the wicked! I have 4 months to move this ass into shape!

65 replies

Latest activity by jojo2, 7 April, 2012 at 21:44
  • S
    StaceyH ·
    • Hide content

Just gotta wait for mine to be delivered!

• Dilly2012
    Beginner August 2012
    Dilly2012 ·
    • Hide content

Well done haylee81.

I haven't even managed to pick up the DVD case and put it in the machine yet!! Started it last year and it hurts so much I weakly gave up. Must 'man up' and do it!! Feeling slightly inspired after reading your other thread. Maybe tomorrow!! ☹️

• haylee81
    Beginner May 2012
    haylee81 ·
    • Hide content

Well I must admit it's now 20.11 and I still haven't moved lol, my body is a big pile of ache. I did do half hour on the elliptical machine so think that's my lot for today. Tomorrow morning...lol ?

• B
    Beginner September 2014
    BigRedCandle ·
    • Hide content

Well done!

I'm on day 8, started level 2 yesterday and spent most of the 20 minutes drinking water and thinking JM was mental. BUT I've measured my self today and I've lost 2 inches overall in a week, so that's not too bad.

• haylee81
    Beginner May 2012
    haylee81 ·
    • Hide content

Good going RondaRolla, I feel like such a failure not doing it today but I can hardly bend to sit on the loo! How unfit am I lol.

• B
    Beginner September 2014
    BigRedCandle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nooo not a failure! You'd be worse off forcing yourself to do it today, you could hurt yourself further. Give it a couple of days and then get back on it, and your rest days will get fewer as you progress.

Also, if you're aching now, then you obviously did a good job! Nice one Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner December 2012
    Lolswoo ·
    • Hide content

Wow! Well done you! That's amazing!

My friend has promised to lend me her coopy but I might have to bite the bullet and order my own today as I am being measured for my dress in a couple of weeks, and wasn't as good as I should have been over Christmas....Eeeeek!

• haylee81
    Beginner May 2012
    haylee81 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm due to go and have mine in 3 weeks, dreading it not fitting as it did before xmas lol. It's a really quick dvd to fit in once a day but omg I thought my legs were dying the day after. I had to have a rest! Getting back on it today though even though I feel like I'm still crippled!

• L
    Beginner December 2012
    Lolswoo ·
    • Hide content

Eeek! It's so flippin' scary, this dress measuring business...When I showed the dress to my Mum and OH's Mum in the shop, they were poking and prodding me, changing bits here and there - I was only showing them the dress to check they approved, not ordering the entire outfit! Felt like a total piece of meat!

I have just ordered my copy from Amazon as I NEED to so something...I have decided I want to get fit this year really. I'm a size 16, so if I can get down to a 14 I'll be happy, but I need to be fit really, am sick and tired of feeling frumpy and lacking energy, so I figure if I can do something like this, which will be like a boot camp, I stand more chance of keeping it up once I have a level of fitness as I know how hard it was to get there!

Right, will have to go home tonight and do my dancing DVD for starters as you guys have helped me get some momentum - and if I have a vague level of fitness, JM might not hurt quite so terminally as she would at the mo!

Good luck!

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

I ordered the DVD from Amazon yesterday and I'm so glad I did as I got "the call" today. EEEK, my dress isn't meant to be in for 8 weeks, thankfully the shop have said that I don't need to go in until March so that gives me 8 weeks to shift some pounds!

I have just done the Davina DVD and intend to do it until my 30 day shred DVD arrives! Lets keep each other motivated!

• K
    Beginner July 2012
    kittypuss85 ·
    • Hide content

I have this DVD, I've read such good reviews. Also went mad and had a spending episode on wii fit games to do.

Keep telling my self - when all the christmas food is gone! There is still too much temptation in this house at the moment.

Must start soon!!!!!!!!

• liver girl
    Beginner July 2011
    liver girl ·
    • Hide content

Think I may need to order myself a copy of this! I have serious flabbage!

• haylee81
    Beginner May 2012
    haylee81 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well Just attempted my second day of 30DS, leg's still a little achey but If I didn't get back on it excuses would start flowing!

For the time it takes to do it you'd think it can't really help, but god she works you good!

• L
    Beginner December 2012
    Lolswoo ·
    • Hide content

Well, just done my day 1 of JM's 30-Day Shred. I am impressed as I am still able to walk at the moment...only 29 days to go!!!

• C
    Beginner April 2012
    clarabella1972 ·
    • Hide content

I ordered my copy from Amazon on Wednesday, so should be at the office on Monday at the latest and then I have about 35 days before my dress fitting. Fingers crossed...

• B
    Beginner September 2014
    BigRedCandle ·
    • Hide content

It's well worth it ladies. I've noticed a change in my shape in only a week of doing it. I did get a bit cocky and decided to move onto level 2 after less than a week and found it much more tough, so I've moved back down to level 1 for now.

Good luck to all those who are yet to start, the temporary discomfort is so worth it!

• haylee81
    Beginner May 2012
    haylee81 ·
    • Hide content

Day 4 completed. Felling a lot easier on the legs now thank god, even managed to complete 30 mins on the cross trainer after! Watch me burn lol. Hope you ladies are doing good

• L
    Beginner December 2012
    Lolswoo ·
    • Hide content

Wow! Well done you, way to go.

I am in need of some motivation as I got into work this morning, and then got a call from the vets telling me someone had found one of our cats over the weekend - she'd been killed by a car. Feel like going home and curling up with the wine and chocolate and crying like a baby, but I know I should spend a paltry 27 minutes jumping round like a loon with JM...

• S
    StaceyH ·
    • Hide content

I got my copy 4 days ago and as soon as I got home I went on it.

Oh my god.

My chest back and other areas cracked like you wouldn't believe! It's brilliant though!I'm in pain today, I think my legs and back are going to fall off!

I have 5 months to tone up and drop 15lb, so I have decided that I'll do one day of 30 day shred and another of dance work out. But tonight I've had a day off! My eating habits have also changed and in the 4 days I've lost 3lb's!

• haylee81
    Beginner May 2012
    haylee81 ·
    • Hide content

Yay 4lbs lost in 10 days! Least Jillian's working even if i do hate her guts lol

• B
    Beginner September 2014
    BigRedCandle ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh wow, I'm so sorry Smiley sad I hope you're okay. Poor baby cat, was she very old?

• S
    StaceyH ·
    • Hide content

Is it right that I'm still in pain 2 days after doing it?! I can't even walk upstairs or lift things without it hurting me

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hope you guys doon't mind me jumping in, I have just started this workout too. Only done it 3 times, I am in pain and I have been cheating, doing it with a day's break in between!

No weight loss for me yet sadly, but really not a surprise as not pushing myself enough.

When are you meant to go up levels?

• S
    StaceyH ·
    • Hide content

You can move up when you feel ready. As it stands I can't move..anywhere so I'll not be doing it for a while!

• haylee81
    Beginner May 2012
    haylee81 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was in pain for 3-4 days after my first encounter, gave myself a days rest then pushed my way through the 3rd. I did have to stop more but at least I still attempted it even if I looked an idiot.

I'm moving up to level 2 tomorrow, I did have a brief look at it after today's sesh but it scared me so I turned it off.

Moving up the levels - You start on level 1 usually for 7-10 days, then level 2 7/10 days then 3 etc.

• haylee81
    Beginner May 2012
    haylee81 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

PMSL sorry but I chuckled when I read that. Push through it, I'm shocked how much more I can do now. I couldn't even sit on the toilet after the first time...leg's wrecked lol

• L
    Beginner December 2012
    Lolswoo ·
    • Hide content

Thank you sweetie. She was only about 2 and a half. We rescued her and one of her kittens six months ago from a shelter. She was so lovely and beautiful, and had been thrown out y her previous owners when they found out she was pregnant. She loved mousing so we decided it was too cruel to keep her inside - sadly, that's the risk.

Didn't manage to do JM on Monday, or today (we went out to dinner as my OH has just been officially offered a new job and handed his notice in!), but did her yesterday and went swimming too - it's the same plan for tomorrow. I will get back on to it.

Thanks guys - knowing you're all going through the JM pain too helps!

xox

• L
    Beginner December 2012
    Lolswoo ·
    • Hide content

Good Luck with level 2! My friend, who;s being doing it for the last year (and looks fabulous and can run 8k!) recommends 10 -12 days on level one -she found the transition to level 2 really painful - beware! It was worse than transitioning between 2 and 3.

I'm surprised I'm not in more pain - just stiff. I have had to modify some of the exercises as my knees can't take it! Weirdly, the most painful one is the beginners push-ups! I have to have all my lower legs on the floor, not just my knees!

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I nearly died when she started explaining the push ups til I realised you could do it on your knees, can just about manage that!

The worst bit is that final ab crunch bicycle bit at the end of level 1. I still can't do that without stopping after 4 tries of it now.

Good luck everyone!

• S
    StaceyH ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was laughing as I typed it haha!

I'm not so bad today, I did some more last night and pushed thru the pain! I've been so busy today i'm now too tired to get on it so tomorrow will be the shred and then just dance! Hardcore

* sob*

?

J

• K
    Beginner July 2012
    kittypuss85 ·
    • Hide content

Well, I started mine today, and I am proud to say I tried. Although I couldnt keep going all the way through some of the bits - like do all the jumping jacks without stopping, I did give every little bit a try and finished it through to the end of workout 1.

I figure that even my efforts should have some effect, and then gradually more and more as I start being able to do it all the way through. Combined with my new healthier eating plan.

I used spaghetti tins for weights ? - as I dont have hand weights and didn't know we needed them for this DVD

I will keep going!

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Snap, I've just done the same thing with soup tins!

Im hoping I'm not in too much pain tomorrow as I've got loads to do! My OH won't make any allowances for me either!!

Well done all you ladies on level two!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics