Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

haylee81
Beginner May 2012

30 Day Shred!

haylee81, 4 January, 2012 at 12:03

Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 65

Well today is my 2nd day of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and I'm sore as hell but no rest for the wicked! I have 4 months to move this ass into shape!

Well today is my 2nd day of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and I'm sore as hell but no rest for the wicked! I have 4 months to move this ass into shape!

65 replies

• S
    StaceyH ·
    • Hide content

Ladies! Guess what! I was rather excited today. Like you, I have been using tins of rice pudding (low fat btw) for weights!

I went to Aldi for some bits for my workplace and tadaaaa they have... Wait for it......

Boxes of wrist, ankle and hand weights for only £9.99!!!!! I have bought a box and they are 1kg hand weights

They also have those tummy toners that make you go uurrrrrhhhh everytime it sends pulses!go have a look

• SassyT
    Beginner August 2013
    SassyT ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Best. Description. EVER. ?

• S
    StaceyH ·
    • Hide content

Haha!only way I could desribe it!

I went onto level 2 before. I think I'm dead!

• C
    Beginner April 2012
    clarabella1972 ·
    • Hide content

Right, I'm off to do my first session! I'll check in later to tell you how it went.

• haylee81
    Beginner May 2012
    haylee81 ·
    • Hide content

Just did day 1 of level 2 and OMG!!! How do they do some of those moves without falling over, If I was a fly on the wall I would of enjoyed watching me lol!! I would gladly go back to level 1 now but got to plod on!! Hope you ladies are doing well!!

• S
    StaceyH ·
    • Hide content

Not meaning to make you girls gip, but anyone else get bad wind afterwards?! Is it just me?!

I'm glad my fella is in the army and doesn't live with me tbh. It's a bit windy in this house!

• haylee81
    Beginner May 2012
    haylee81 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LMAO - No can't say I have, but I have noticed I tend to bloat up but that could be down to pumping my muscles and the amount of fluids I have to drink to get through it. I have today had to do level 1 as my knee is playing up and level 2 is a killer....try and get back on level 2 in the next few days! Bummer ?

• S
    StaceyH ·
    • Hide content

Just me then haha! Hope your knee gets better for you!

Oh Aldi are selling supports too!

• haylee81
    Beginner May 2012
    haylee81 ·
    • Hide content

I popped into Aldi the other day but my local store had sold out of everything fitness, gutted!

• L
    Beginner June 2013
    loralu ·
    • Hide content

I did the 30DS in Septmeber (did 30 days out of 31) and felt so much better and fitter for it. didn't notice much difference on the scales but was definatley more toned. I got Jillian Michaels six week six pack for xmas so need to give that a go but think i'll re do the 30DS first as i'm feeling unfit at the minute!

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies, hope it's going well for you all.

I just wanted to share a bit of good news and maybe help others, I have been doing 30DS on and off for about a week, not had time to do it religiously every day. Today I randomly noticed my size 16 work trousers (tight when I got them in Oct) were very loose, literally hanging off despite my belt done up tighter. So I tried my old 14s on and they now fit again hurrah! The scales are saying no change in weight, but clearly I am losing a few centimetres here and there.

This is with only a few workouts so I am really happy obviously and feel boosted to keep it up! Not trying to show off or anything but thought it may help others to keep going too, as results are beginning to show Smiley smile

• S
    StaceyH ·
    • Hide content

Well done! I have only lost 1lb this week..

but I can't wait to fit into a 8/10 dress..first time in 13years! So I'm gonna carry on!

• haylee81
    Beginner May 2012
    haylee81 ·
    • Hide content

Well I'm giving Jillian a rest for a few days and just using my elliptical as my knee is playing up! Only on day 2 of level 2 but don't think it's worth pushing for a few days till it's better. I have lost 2lb in the last week though, that's 6lb in 2 weeks so good going. Just purchased the biggest loser for my xbox kinect today so as soon as i receive that I'm gonna bust it lol. Hope your doing well with the weight loss ladies x

• Dilly2012
    Beginner August 2012
    Dilly2012 ·
    • Hide content

Slinks back in after only doing day 1 of level 1 today. But hey it's a start. Well done everyone, you're all doing so well! I will give it another go tomorrow. ?

• C
    Beginner April 2012
    clarabella1972 ·
    • Hide content

I only did it twice last week and didn't find it too bad to be honest. The first time I did it with my kids (4 & 6), which i can wholeheartedly not recommend ?

I just can't seem to find the time to do it - I can't seem to drag myself out of bed earlier in the morning and I'm pooped after work. All excuses I guess...

Meanwhile I've lost 5lbs since christmas, so that's not too bad

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content

Hey all.

Just completed day 1 of level 1. Tough but not quite as bad as I was expecting.

Are there a set amount of days you are meant to stay at each level for?

I need to go and weigh myself so I can track how much I lose but I'm scared of getting on the wii fit scales Smiley sad

• C
    Beginner April 2012
    clarabella1972 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're supposed to do 10 days at each level, so you do 30 days in total. Let me know how you get on!

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content

Thanks. I will be back to the thread to report on progress ?

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

I've just done day one on level two, and I am glad I moved up a level. It was tough going but I'm not sure level one was doing anything. I don't seem to be losing any weight, plus I've lost my tape measure so can't measure my inches loss! I am going to persevere and have actually just bought her next DVD, 6 week 6 pack!

• monkeybride
    Beginner June 2013
    monkeybride ·
    • Hide content

Hey ladies,

Sorry I'm a bit late jumping in - just been looking at 30DS online, would you all recommend it? Does it take long to do each day?

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well done! I have managed 2 days of level 2 so far and quite honestly found some of the moves easier than the level 1s! Weight is still the same but my shape must be changing as today at work someone asked if I had lost weight so hurrah.

Monkeybride I woould say it was a good purchase, only a fiver from amazon. It takes about 25 mins to do the workout and is hard going at first but then does get easier the more fit you get.

• monkeybride
    Beginner June 2013
    monkeybride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hooray for you! Right, ordered off amazon, looking forward to starting it in a very weird way...

• rachelsims40
    Beginner September 2012
    rachelsims40 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ladies

there are a few different ones on amazon but have seen one with30 day shred fat burner abs all on one Jillian dvd so thinking of going for this but am really limited for space will i be able to the workouts in a small space???

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

You don't need too much space, but you need to be able to lunge, and lie on the ground- so as long as you can do this you'll be ok.

• rachelsims40
    Beginner September 2012
    rachelsims40 ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies

I havent got a lot of space at home so would I be able to do this dvd also amazon has one with 30 day shred/abs/fat burner all on one dvd seems to be 4 of her dvds on there and do i need weights etc

thanks for you help

• rachelsims40
    Beginner September 2012
    rachelsims40 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks have got space for thatx

• MarkLesleyB2B
    Beginner March 2012
    MarkLesleyB2B ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone,

Hope you don't mind me jumping in on this thread?

I am on Day 4, level 2 of Shred after doing 10 days at Level 1. I have noticed a change in my body shape but not much weight loss on the scales. 0.5lbs in 2 weeks! But I measured after the first 10 days and had lost

2"from bust, 1" from waist and 0.5" from hips.

I think this DVD is going to be more about inches lost than weight for me. I have my dress fitting on 11th February and am doing everything I posisbly can to ensure it fits like a glove. I have got her 6week six pack DVD to start after Shred is finished which takes me up to 2 days before we fly to St Lucia for our wedding.

Really enjoying the DVD and although it's toough I am seeing results.

You all souond as though you're doing great :-)

x

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's great, well done. I have just ordered the killer buns and the no more trouble zones so when I get back from eating croissants and creamy hot choc in Paris at half term I will have no excuses and get right on it!

• MarkLesleyB2B
    Beginner March 2012
    MarkLesleyB2B ·
    • Hide content

Today is Day 8, level 2 and I am so ready to move onto Level 3 on Monday. Will take second set of measurements Monday morning which I'm hoping will set me in a good mood for the week ahead as next Saturday 11th is my dress fititng :-)

Onto six week six pack after finished 30DS

Enjoy your trip to Paris and Jillian will sort out any weight gain when you're back ?

• rachelsims40
    Beginner September 2012
    rachelsims40 ·
    • Hide content

Attempted level 1 first time yesterday struggled with oush ups and my weights are heavy OH says I have got mens!!! lol still gona keep goingxx

• rachelsims40
    Beginner September 2012
    rachelsims40 ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies level 1 started yesterday but my OH says my weights are mens and too heavy LOL still gona carry on found the push ups hard!!

• A
    Beginner June 2012
    adiesummer2012 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all,

How's everyone getting on with this? I did Day 1 yesterday as have got about 40 days til my dress fitting and need to lose some serious inches :-) am in quite a lot of pain today but ready for Day 2!

Anyone who has finished this, do you mind sharing how much weight you lost in total? I'm hoping to lose a stone in a month and a half.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics