Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

amihohu
Beginner September 2013

3-4 week honeymoon ideas

amihohu, 31 August, 2012 at 15:54 Posted on Planning 0 7

Afternoon lovely Hitchers!

The Thailand honeymoon thread got me thinking. Hubby to be and I are hoping to have at least 3 weeks, potentially 4, for our honeymoon in December 2013, we would really like to travel around a bit, but are stuck between doing the US (New York, Washington, Miami, Vegas, San Fran and possibly some beach time in Hawaii) or doing Asia, parts of Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia possibly onto New Zealand as his mum lives over there and has offered to play for our flights.... (she really wants us to go and visit but I'm not sure our honeymoon would be the best time!) but as you can probably tell, I don't really have a clue where the 'must see' bits are for the Asia side. Also this being in December what it's like weather wise. Has anyone been on a long travelling honeymoon in either the US or Thailand/Vietnam etc who has any recommendations for the places they saw, routes they took etc etc? Thanks!

7 replies

Latest activity by Kriek, 31 August, 2012 at 19:13
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I was in Thailand for NYE a few years back and weather was fab.

I also did Thailand, Bali, Hongkong, KL, Singapore in a 3 week tour, (a week in Thailand and another in Bali and another week doing the 3 city breaks) was cool.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

We visited my dad on our honeymoon. He lives in Australia and bought our flights as our wedding gift. We didn't spend the whole time with him - 4 nights out of 21.

The rest we saw other places in Australia and Bali.

• J
    Beginner August 2013
    Jessie_bride ·
    • Hide content

Depending on where you go in the USA in December it will be COLD! (NYC will be below zero and most likely snow). But it could mean a little skiing on your honeymoon if that appeals?

In terms of Asia, you could have a fantastic 3-4 weeks going from Thailand around the islands up to Chan Mai, then into Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam. This would be a lot of hopping between places and culture stuff but plenty of beach time too.

You could also do an Oz/NZ tour too? I suppose it depends if you want to stay put, have a beach, are happy for a culture shock etc.....a 4 week trip sounds amazing!

• amihohu
    Beginner September 2013
    amihohu ·
    • Hide content

Yeah we would really like to travel around a bit, do some cities, do some countryside, have some beach relaxation, possibly even some skiing as the HTB does enjoy that... basically we want a bit of every type of holiday possible crammed into one... not asking much huh Smiley laugh

• L
    Beginner December 2012
    LEN11212 ·
    • Hide content

We're also doing 3 weeks in December and we're going to Sydney and Fiji. We won't be travelling around but you could easily do a couple of stops in Oz and also fit in New Zealand.

• M
    Beginner May 2013
    mrsf2be2013 ·
    • Hide content

We are doing 3 weeks and going to Florida, Hawaii and Vegas but this is in May so not sure they'd be so warm in December!

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content

We are doing 4 weeks in NZ in November for our honeymoon (just over 8 weeks to go, yay!!) - obviously we've not been yet but December is the middle of summer in NZ, so you should be fine weather wise! NZ has loads to do, even though we're over there for 4 weeks there's still places that we will miss out on seeing, so my advice would be not to plan an ambitious tour but maybe combine 1-2 places (eg NZ and Fiji for example) and maximise your time there.

• Kriek
    Beginner December 2012
    Kriek ·
    • Hide content

As Liverbird said there's so much to do in NZ and the weather will be lovely in December. You might get some rain but will mostly be sunny. I spent a year out there and loved it, loads of different things to do without too much driving in between. Best part is you can go surfing without worrying about sharks ? Australia will be mega hot in December, I personally couldn't drive long distance in that heat but I know it doesn't bother other people. I've only been to Hong Kong in Asia so can't recommend anywhere.

I'm going to NYC for my honeymoon at New Year. We'll spend a few days there then fly to San Francisco for a few days then we're hiring a car to drive up to Lake Tahoe and maybe do some skiing. I can't wait to start shopping for my winter wardrobe.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics