Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner September 2014

4 week Honeymoon

Sept2014Bride, 25 of September of 2013 at 11:32 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 1

Hello,

The idea of have a 4 week Honeymoon to relax and explore the world before we start trying for children seemed like a fabulous idea at the time! Plus the other half and I haven’t been on that many holidays together not because we haven’t wanted to but because of money.

We have no idea where to go and the ideas we have are expensive! We would like two weeks of exploring and culture and then two weeks r&r probably in different places if possible

Any ideas or has anyone done the same? Which company’s would be a good place to start?

Thank you for your help

x

1 replies

Latest activity by jfilsell, 26 of September of 2013 at 17:17
  • jfilsell
    Beginner March 2014
    jfilsell ·
    • Hide content

The cheapest way to do it is probably to sort things yourself, but it depends how much time you have on your hands. We did 2 weeks in Thailand last year and booked everything using TripAdvisor reviews after we'd figured the route we wanted to take through the country. In Asia you can stay somewhere for only a few pounds a night, though if it's your honeymoon you might want something more luxurious than a B&B on the Khao San Road! Trailfinders and STA are pretty good - though I have to say that the result will depend on your agent. We went to Trailfinders to discuss our honeymoon and the woman was so non-committal she was no use what so ever. She had very few ideas of her own (we ended up booking with Kuoni who were much more helpful, but multiple destinations isn't really their forte).

Interailing across Europe is another option. You can buy a train ticket for a set price and then travel where you like. I would suggest that in 4 weeks you probably want to restrict yourself to 1 continent, 2 at the most as otherwise you're just going to be continuously travelling and never relaxing.

SE Asia does tick the boxes for culture and relaxation - Thailand, Vietnam and Laos have the whole package. If you're feeling really ambitious, you could even try Cambodia.

I'm starting to sound like a travel agent so I'll shut up now Smiley winking

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics