Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

4 weeks 3 days to go and no first dance song eeeeeeeeek!

31 January, 2012 at 10:37 Posted on Planning 0 23

I know it's been done **** times but ladies please tell me your first dance song? Me and OH have argued about this for the best part of 20 months. The problem is he is a huge rock/metal fan and doesn't really like many slow songs. I love loads of old soul numbers (current favourite Al Green, Let's Stay Together or Otis Redding, These Arms of Mine) but OH is being a pain and won't agree.

Hit me up with your music please!

23 replies

Latest activity by charlottelucy, 1 February, 2012 at 13:11
  • Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content

Im a huge fan of rock music as well and its hard to choose something that wont make people go wtf! I love Def Leppard "Love bites". Its a rock song but slow enough for a first dance.

• Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content

All the songs I love are like that. This is the song that means something to me and its hard to choose one thats soppy IYWIM. The other one on my list is Kenny Loggins "meet me halfway" but not many people will have heard of it but its a beautiful song.

• Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content

My OH likes Elvis Presley "Always on my mind" but I think that was about him and Precilla splitting but its still on the list of top 1st dances Smiley smile

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

Sorry it's not very rock but had Stand by me, Ben E King, as it was the first song we danced to on he night we met. Do you not have 'a song'? How about finding instrumental versions of a nice rock song as a compromise?

• Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content

Ha I love run to the hills and so do my kids!!! Not sure my OH would allow me to have that though Smiley smile

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

We had With or Without you by U2, not because of the lyrics because of what it means to me and H. I

• Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content

Aww bless! I have got my thinking cap on now. Thunder "When love walks In", Reo Speedwagon "Keep on loving you". It is quite hard to find one with words that would fit a wedding Smiley smile

• Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content

Ha I know exactly what you mean!! I will be having a huge rock session played though through night. Def Leppard album has some good love type songs on "2 steps behind",love and hate collide". I will shut up now im not helping at all ha ?

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

It's a bit extreme isn't it?

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

This probably isn't going to help even the tiniest bit but we're having I'm Yours by The Script.

• xtlcx
    Beginner May 2012
    xtlcx ·
    • Hide content

We haven't decided for definite but one of our contenders is All for Love by Rod Stewart, Brian Adams and Sting.

It's quite rocky.

• F
    Beginner April 2012
    futureMrsM ·
    • Hide content

We had issues too as me and H2B have complete different tasteshe doesnt like any of the songs i picked he likes his rock too in the end weve gone for ed sheeran kiss me

• Vee Tee
    Beginner April 2012
    Vee Tee ·
    • Hide content

Best Love rock song I can think of - is this love by Whitesnake.

Lovin the power ballads.

• Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great choice! Smiley winking

• lady_lyla
    Beginner September 2013
    lady_lyla ·
    • Hide content

We are the same... we're both kinda rocky but I also love my 50's and 60's and would have loved a Buddy Holly song but OH isn't a big fan. We both love Placebo's Every Me and Every You and have been joking about the 'something borrowed something blue' line but I'm not quite sure it's a song we could dance to, and one our older family members would approve of.

I am a HUGE Twilight fan and just about convinced my OH to have the Iron and Wine 'Flightless Bird' song from the end of the first film and Bella and Edwards weding in this one, but I think it's too cheesy!

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

We're having reggae as our first dance, so rock isn't completely out there ?

Anyway, who says the first dance has to be a slow one? I went to a wedding where the first dance was a Chilli Peppers song, and they were dancing around like loons!

• O
    Beginner August 2012
    o'malley ·
    • Hide content

We shared our first kiss while watching Pennywise live, they were playing cover of Stand by Me, therefore we will be having this as our first dance, the Pennywise version, we both love rock so do our friends, and if other people don't approve who cares its our dance not theirs!

• charlottelucy
    Beginner August 2012
    charlottelucy ·
    • Hide content

This is ours

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics