Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

mustard_mitt
Beginner September 2015

4 year old - bridesmaid or flower girl?

mustard_mitt, 11 of January of 2014 at 11:10 Posted on Planning 0 4

I already have my bridesmaids sorted: my sister, his sister, three close friends and my niece, who'll be four by the time we get married.

Does it honestly matter if she's designated as a bridesmaid or a flower girl? What's the difference? I presumed a flower girl just threw petals on the floor (not really my thing). Is there anything to say she must be a flower girl over a bridesmaid because of her age?

4 replies

Latest activity by samwillow, 21 of July of 2015 at 13:39
  • jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

I've looked at this online before and I found out that flower girls are typically aged 3 -6, after that it's junior bridesmaids, then bridesmaids. I think the labels help when picking dresses, but if you want to call her and have her as a bridesmaid then do it, nothing is written in stone.

I'm with you and not keen on the whole petal thing (we'll be having 2 little ones who'll be in the flower girl age bracket) and I was thinking of giving them something like this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/0

make it a bit fun for them and they an keep them for "dress-up" once the day is over and done with.

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

My daughter miss winter was termed a bridesmaid at 18 months. i think it's really subjective tbh- go with whatever you fancy Smiley winking

• Penny P
    Beginner March 2014
    Penny P ·
    • Hide content

My 5 year old niece told me ' I am NOT a flower girl I'm a bridesmaid'

Well, I'm not going to argue with her!!

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

My 5 year old sister told me she is not going to be my flower girl unless I let her wear a 'crown'... I couldn't say no to that!

It is completely personal choice. Although I have her as flower girl she isn't throwing petals, she is having a mini bouquet (smaller than BM's).

I just didn't want loads of bridesmaids, and because she is young she can't do bridesmaid-y duties if that makes sense?

• S
    Beginner April 2016
    samwillow ·
    • Hide content

I think the differences is about the age,,

flower girl is less than 12 years old. and bridesmaid is more than 12 years old.

i say that because what i look on some website dress like etsy, wallao, bridalguide, etc

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics