Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hyacinth
Beginner

40 day water fast

Hyacinth, 2 of August of 2009 at 22:06

Posted on Off Topic Posts 34

I've been reading in another forum about some nutter doing this. A quick google shows its not actually that unusual! but there isn't any real info. Does anyone know the purpose behind it? surely your body would consume itself?

I've been reading in another forum about some nutter doing this.

A quick google shows its not actually that unusual! but there isn't any real info. Does anyone know the purpose behind it? surely your body would consume itself?

34 replies

• Roobarb
    Beginner January 2007
    Roobarb ·
    • Hide content

? and there was a bit about "fresh fruit and vegetables are the only vaccination you need" if they weren't putting the health of others at risk by their loony-dom, it would almost be funny.

• Diefenbaker
    Beginner September 2008
    Diefenbaker ·
    • Hide content

Having read her 'blog', I found it quite interesting in a morbidly fascinating kind of way. She clearly strongly believes that what she is doing will help her in many many ways. Unfortunately the lack of clarity in her writing doesn't make one believe she's not suffering mental ill effects from the fast...

I also found the 17 year old's story sad. I was relieved that she was advised not to do it. But then, the faster was quite sniffy about anyone not doing it for the perceived 'right' reasons.

I was also fascinated by the semantics and eat salt or not debates. Who knew that so many people are so evangelical about fasting (or water fasting, if you prefer!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics