Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner July 2025 West London

40-50 guests & a budget of £5k in London. Is this possible?

Figen, 23 October, 2024 at 20:49 Posted on Planning 1 2
As the title says. Been engaged for 15 months and we don’t want to delay it any longer. However, our budget is very slim at around £5k and that’s pushing it. I’m feeling quite overwhelmed.

The civil ceremony will be done at a town hall & not at a venue. I would like somewhere for a sit down dinner and maybe like an open area for dancing etc. But this might be a stretch.
One other issue is dietary requirements. I’m dairy-free, family is halal and have some vegans and vegetarians in the guest list.
Any advice?

2 replies

Latest activity by Marquis, yesterday at 20:15
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I would suggest that you look into hiring local community centres and getting a mobile caterer. Either that, or finding a restaurant that seats around that number. Both these options are likely to be cheaper than booking a regular 'wedding venue'.

Also, think about what you really, really want to have at your wedding, and don't be afraid to ditch anything that isn't super-important to you. Make a budget - start off with the most important things and their costs/approximate costs and gradually work down towards the 'would like to have but only if we can afford it' things. If you run out of money before the end, just don't have the stuff at the bottom of the list!

• Marquis
    Beginner February 2020 New York
    Marquis ·
    • Hide content

Discover expert cuts, visit here for Midtown’s top barbers.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics