Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

DaisyBoyd24

40th Wedding Anniversary gift ideas

DaisyBoyd24, 22 July, 2009 at 12:29 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 4

Hi,

It's my parents 40th wedding anniversary in August and I'm totally stuck for ideas of what to get them.

I don't have a huge budget - I could possible go to around £100.00

Any ideas? I've looked on loads of websites and they are all offering the typical ruby photo frames, sets of glasses etc which my parents really wouldn't like.

I'd appreciate any ideas!!!

Thanks, Daisy

4 replies

Latest activity by JenB, 22 July, 2009 at 21:17
  • Zebedee
    Beginner August 2002
    Zebedee ·
    • Hide content

What do your parents like? If they are into gardening I'm pretty sure you can get a Ruby Anniversary rose.

Get one of their wedding photos reprinted and framed? Nice picture? Plant some trees in celebration?

• tahdah
    Beginner September 2009
    tahdah ·
    • Hide content

For a number of years now my parents have said (for birthdays, anniversay's etc.) that there is nothing they need/want, so I try and buy them a memory - sounds a bit fluffy - but tickets to a show, or a week in a caravan for a break etc.

They've always said they appreciate these gifts far more than something material as it were.

So what about gift vouchers for the theatre, cinema, a wine tasting day...or something else experience like that they can do together.

If they like motorsports, Last minute were doing 241 tours of silverstone for £28..they could do that then a meal, Rugby stadium tours as well.

• DaisyBoyd24
    DaisyBoyd24 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for the suggestions.

I was thinking of an experience rather than an item as they don't really like clutter!

They are normally away fror 7 - 8 months of the year so I don't think I will go for a plant as it will probably die when they are away!

I'll have to have a look on some experience websites and see if I can come up with anything.

daisy

• SJGemini
    Beginner May 2008
    SJGemini ·
    • Hide content

I've just been looking at www.vintagewinegifts.co.uk for ideas for friends' 10th WA.

See what that brings up? I thought that a bottle of something lovely would be better than photoframes, Cornish piskies etc.... that 10 years offered, so it might be of some help to you!

• J
    Beginner January 2008
    JenB ·
    • Hide content

It was my parents earlier this month, they have everything they would want so, like you, was struggling to buy a gift, but also couldn't afford to stretch to something they might have appreciated like a break away or something similar. We got them a calendar. Doesn't sound like much, but it was one of those make your own on photobox and I had to sneak into their house and pinch a load of old photos and their wedding album, scanned the pics and slotted them into the calendar layout, which was really easy to do. Honestly, for £15 or whatever it cost, it was just lovely to see their faces when they saw the old photos and all the memories it brought back for them of their family over the years, I know they were really touched by it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics