Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Callmechar
Beginner July 2011

4pm weddding - is it too late?

Callmechar, 16 October, 2010 at 19:48 Posted on Planning 0 9

We are booked for 9th July (Sat) at 4pm - I ideally wanted earlier, but not available at the church so its 4pm. Really want this date as I am remarrying ex hubbie and we wanted same date. However just worried this is too late? What do you all think? We are only having one set of guests all day and knife and fork buffet in evening (after wedding)

9 replies

Latest activity by GeordieBarbie, 17 October, 2010 at 12:31
  • Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I think with the evening that you have described, 4pm would be fine!

• kj82
    Beginner December 2010
    kj82 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having a 5pm ceremony and then hot buffet for ceremony guests then cold buffet at around 8pm for eve guests. I wanted a later time as there won't be any waiting around except for photos. I think you will be in the middle of summer so there will be plenty of sunshine and hopefully a warm evening so it wont feel late? Hope that makes sense!!!

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

I know opinion varies on this, because I guess it comes down to what you want to fit into your day - but I don't think 4pm is too late (slight bias because I'm having a 4pm wedding too).

Basically if you plan your day out well based on the time you have, there's no such thing as too long or too short. I've been to 2pm weddings where there's been nothing to do between the service and the meal whilst the couple have photos done, and one advantage of a later start is that you can avoid that! But then, other people have a lot of things to fit into the day so a 4pm start might not leave them enough time for everything.

Given what you've outlined, I think it sounds like you'll be fine Smiley smile

• Kitty1987
    Beginner December 2010
    Kitty1987 ·
    • Hide content

Were having a 3pm wedding, off to reception at 5pm for buffet. No evening buffet just that one seeing as our reception is only 5-11pm

Went to a 12pm wedding, it was done by 12.20. We had to wait until 3pm for meal, then after meal we had to wait until 7pm for evening do! We were all very very bored!

• KristaltippsHall
    Beginner February 2011
    KristaltippsHall ·
    • Hide content

Not at all! I really wnated 4pm but they dont work that late here so had to go for 3

• Callmechar
    Beginner July 2011
    Callmechar ·
    • Hide content

The timings for us are:

4 - 4.45 wedding

4.45 - 5.15 photos

5.30 - 5.45 welcomes and drinks

6pm food (starter - if time???) then knife and fork buffet

7.30 Disco starts

12am bar close

12.15am music off

1am leave hall

What do you think? Does it seem a bit rushed??

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

We went to a 4pm wedding last weekend.. The bride and groom didn't arrive til 4:45 and we left by 11pm, it was fine. I think had it have been earlier, we would have left loads earlier, we were knackered having arrived at 3:20pm lol.

• xchristy_bbyx
    Beginner April 2016
    xchristy_bbyx ·
    • Hide content

I think a later wedding would be quite realistic, gives the guests less time to wait for the reception Smiley smile x

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

We purposefully went for a 3:30pm slot for the ceremony because we've both found that all-day weddings get a bit tiresome. We also couldn't afford to lay on 2 meals for 100 guests so it was easier to let everyone organise their own lunches and for us to have a BBQ around 6pm.

Our vague timings so far are:

3pm: meet with registrar prior to ceremony

3:30 - 4:15: ceremony

4:15 - 5/5:15ish: photos, "arrival" drinks (ceremony and reception are at the same venue) and canapes

5:30 - hog roast and BBQ served

7pm - speeches

8pm - Disco

1am - finish

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

Absoloutely not! We got married at 4.00pm ? If i'm honest, I always said I would get married early to make the most of the day, but 4.00pm was the earliest time our venue let you have and I wouldn't have given up our venue so 4.00pm it was...

Our timings were...

4.00pm - 4.30pm : Wedding
    4.30pm - 6.00pm : Drinks reception & Photos
    6.00pm - 8.00pm : Dinner (4 courses)
    8.00pm - 12.00am : Disco

What happened was...

4.15pm - 4.45pm : Wedding
    4.45pm - 6.30pm : Drinks reception & Photos
    6.30pm - 9.15pm : Dinner (4 courses)
    9.15pm - 12.00am : Disco

We had 65 guests for the whole thing, there were no evening guests so it all flowed at it's own pace, we weren't worrying about people arriving. It was a fab day and worked really well ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics