Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner November 2016

5th november wedding, no fireworks theme?

stomlinson20, 2 of July of 2015 at 22:34 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi brides!!

I'm so excited as just booked my wedding for the 5th of November 2016!! Can't believe it's actually happening!!

I feel like I need a little reassurance though - it's the 5th of November but I don't want a fireworks theme... We're gonna try and get a display but it depends on budget... is that crazy? Will guests expect it?

Also, it's a friends birthday and I feel a little mean having booked it that day? We just wanted it early in Nov to hedge our bets with the weather!!

I'm thinking that maybe all these post booking worries are normal though??

So excited though...!! Any other November brides out there??

Xxx

5 replies

Latest activity by Karen84, 3 of July of 2015 at 10:46
  • Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

I have shot plenty of weddings around the 5th Nov and it is not expected that you will have fireworks at all and I wonder if you will actually struggle to get a display booked on the 5th as they will all be out doing various big displays, what about some sparklers instead

• B
    Beginner November 2016
    Boxleby ·
    • Hide content

Ahh we're date twins! We're not having fireworks either but since out venue is in the city centre and we have a rooftop bar so I'm planning to watch someone else's! Where shouts is your venue? Would watching someone else's be possible for you?

Not sure everyone will expect it but then again I'm Irish so my side probably won't even realise what the date means.

Don't worry about the friend, she'll be able to get dressed up and have a nice night on her birthday and if you two have mutual friends I'm sure it'll be like a mini celebration for her. I definitely wouldn't mind going to a wedding on my birthday!

• S
    Beginner November 2016
    stomlinson20 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you both! Yeah we had thought we might struggle to get a professional display too which was our other concern. I love the idea of sparklers so definitely want to incorporate those somehow. Its good to know that other weddings haven't necessarily had fireworks - suddenly worried that we should be including it and that it would be expected!

Our venue is a country club set in its own grounds and as far as I'm aware you can't see anything around other than the landscaping for the venue, so unfortunately it's probably not possible to watch other displays. A rooftop bar sounds amazing though!

Thank you for the reassurance about my friend too, she seems ok with it but I won't see her for over a month as she's gone home to Greece so it's difficult to tell over a message!

What theme are you having for your day? I love the idea of a winter theme so think we might be going with that. It also fits with our venue as it has huge fireplaces and oak walls etc. Excited to start planning now!

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Ooh, as soon as I saw your thread I thought of bringing it in a different way, incorporating all the bright beautiful colours of fireworks. Here are a few ideas

Decorations

Flowers

Invites

Cake

Even nails!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

We haven't had any weddings around that time of year with fireworks either- I think a lot of couples feel the same way as you do and don't want to do something that is perhaps seen as predictable?

Sparklers are always a good shout though, whether it's just for you guys or you involve your guests Smiley smile

I'm sure it'll be absolutely fine with your friend too. It's not uncommon for weddings to fall on someones birthday. Depending how close you are, we've had couples wish the person a happy birthday during speeches and give them a balloon, or their own little cake during the meal with a candle Smiley smile

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

MrsShep I do believe that you should be a full time wedding planner!

Don't worry about your friend, I'd also be more than happy to go to a wedding on my birthday. It wouldn't bother me at all. When you have say 60+ guests the probability of it landing on someone's birthday is fairly high. We will have a birthday at our wedding too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics