Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner October 2014

6 month meeting!!! need advice !!!

Mrs2014, 9 of May of 2014 at 10:43 Posted on Planning 0 4

Morning Everyone,

i have been really poorly last couple of months, however i have literally just had a reminder call that im meant to be having my 6 month meeting with the venue tomorrow!!!

i have completely forgotten!! and whats more...i know i should be asking stuff/confirming stuff etc...but i have litereally no brain power to think ...

can anyone give me any questions/advice for me to ask at the meeting?

the venue , is where we are having ceremony and reception

thank you ! Smiley smile xx

4 replies

Latest activity by Mrs2014, 10 of May of 2014 at 07:07
  • cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content

Gosh your venue are organised - we aren't getting a meeting until September.

As I haven't done this yet, I don't have all the answers and I'm sure another Hitcher will be better informed, but off the top of my head I would suggest:

- Catering - confirm internal/ external caterer (checking what equipment is available etc if the latter)

- Agree rough numbers and food/ drink packages

- Confirm licensing restrictions, including how long the bar will be open and whether it's a cash bar

- Confirm whether staff costs are included in your package and if there are sufficient for your guests.

- Check venue's preferred suppliers, and are they really preferred or set in stone? (Varies by venue)

- Run any big ideas past them - e.g. are candles/ indoor fireworks/ outdoor fireworks allowed, can you radically decorate a particular room etc etc. Also is confetti allowed?

- Check any accommodation needed is reserved for you, and also ask about any refurbishment or other works that might be going on between now and your day

- Rough suggested timings for the day

I'm sure there are other things but as I said, I'm not quite at this stage yet!

• M
    Beginner October 2014
    Mrs2014 ·
    • Hide content

Thank yo so much ..there are great questions there Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner October 2014
    Mrs2014 ·
    • Hide content

That's great everyone thank you xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles