Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner March 2014

6 months countdown

WelshSam, 8 September, 2013 at 16:27 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 20

Hi guys, i could really do with support on losing some weight. It's nearly 6 months until my wedding and in my mind i had hoped to of been at my goal weight by now. I have 2 kids a 4 year old boy and a 9 month old girl both delieved by c-section really need to work on my stomach. During both pregnancies i gained about 2 stone, after having my son i got back down to 9 stone and a size 8-10 which i was really happy with, i'm hoping to get back to something similar.

I'm currently 10st 13 and a size 12. I've already got my dress and it's about an inch too small on the bust and waist. I know if i get back to 9 stone it'll need to be taken down a size which is what i want. I want to feel confident on my wedding day. I'm 5ft3 so really don't suit being this weight plus i'm classed as overweight looking by things on my BMI.

Anyone else want to join me?

I'll be weighing in once a week if anyone wants to follow me on this journey. I'll also be taking measurments as some weeks i won't have lost weight but will have lost inches ?

20 replies

Latest activity by Muppet, 28 October, 2013 at 10:57
  • O
    Beginner March 2014
    oldbride ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I am getting married in March next year. Are you still looking for a weight loss buddy?

• N
    Beginner June 2014
    NC<3 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I've got a bit longer to lose the weight, got until June but I just can't seem to shift anything!

I currently weigh around 10st 7lb dependant on the time of day I weigh myself! And I'm 5ft 6, dress size 12. I would ideally like to be a comfortable size 10 but I'm really rubbish at dieting so could do with a buddy too!

• Jennyannburke
    Beginner April 2014
    Jennyannburke ·
    • Hide content

Hey WelshSam,

I logged on to see if anyone wanted to join me and weirdly my wedding is in 6 months and have the same weight to lose. I just would like someone I could check in with now and then who knows what the pressure is like! I'm same weight and would like to get under 10st. I reckon that's realistic.

Fancy chatting?

Jenny, London.

• O
    Beginner March 2014
    oldbride ·
    • Hide content

Hi

My weight, height and dress size is around the same as yours. I have started going for long walks, but I have still not lost a great deal of weight. The weather has been awful, but I wonder if I am just giving myself more excuses......I am a vegetarian, but its eating biscuits out of boredom that is my downfall :-). Are you dieting at the moment?

• N
    Beginner June 2014
    NC<3 ·
    • Hide content

I'm was kind of trying to diet! Just by cutting down. Although I don't really eat that much anyway but I just can't seem to shift any weight, so I need to do something else now.

I don't really snack apart from the odd bag of crisps! But I think the Indian and wine might do it on a weekend, which I can't give up! But saying that a curry will last me over 2 nights!

so today I decided that I'd start and see how I get on. So for breakfast I had 1 crumpet, then for lunch I took some seeds! Haha bizarre I know but I love sunflower seeds and the mixed stuff! So I thought if I eat those and kind of graze through the day it could work. At the moment I don't feel too bad, not had tea yet, will have chicken and rice. I'll keep you updated on the seed thing! Only plan on doing it through the week tho

so are you dieting? What are you trying?

i said I would walk too, my son tried to get me jogging, not happening! But as you say the weathers just rubbish. I'd rather watch Corrie! I need someone to just shout at me and tell me to move! Haha

• W
    Beginner March 2014
    WelshSam ·
    • Hide content

Hi girls, didn't think anyone would want to join me, glad you're all on board. Since writting this thread i have actually gained weight. I am now 11st 3 ? I can't believe it, I've lost weight before so easily after my first child. Went from 11 st to 9 stone but i think the pressure of getting married is having the opposite affect on my weight loss. I just can't seem to do it.

As of today i'm going to try really hard lots of veggies and really try and cut down on bread. I would love to be 9 stone by the wedding, but i think now i'd be happy with 9 and a half. Just going to try and lose as much as i can by then. Not looking forwards to xmas hopefully i won't over do it. My size 12 clothes are even starting to get a little tight on me ☹️ I need to act now!!!

Good luck everyone, let's keep updating on here and supporting each other!

• W
    Beginner March 2014
    WelshSam ·
    • Hide content

Just did 15 mins on my exercise bike - 100 calories burned. It's a start i'll do some more this evening. I like exercising always makes me feel good afterwards and i find it makes me make better food choices for the day.

• N
    Beginner June 2014
    NC<3 ·
    • Hide content

Well done welsh sam! Just think 15 minutes a day and we'll all be size 10 by the time our big day comes! We hope!! keep up the good work! X

• Jennyannburke
    Beginner April 2014
    Jennyannburke ·
    • Hide content

Hi All,

I was thinking of setting short term goals to keep me on track and to make it not so daunting. What do you reckon? I was thinking of having a goal of 10.4 by Christmas. That would be manageable...

Also, I would do a weekly weigh in but would fancy it on an open forum! Is there any way of making our conversation less public, anyone know?!

Jenny x

PS Welsh Sam - I've put on a couple too. No worries, loads of time!

• W
    Beginner March 2014
    WelshSam ·
    • Hide content

10.4 by Christmas sounds very do-able, Jenny. I'm aiming for 10 st by xmas as on the 14th Jan it's my first dress fitting! I don't think you can make any posts on here non-public, who cares anyway least everyone will be able to see the progress we are making.

I've eaten pretty good today.

I had a poached egg and 2 pieces of toast.

A cheeky kit-kat only 110 calories (i'll burn that off later on my exericse bike)

A pork chop, 2 roasties, carrots, green beans and some gravy and a hot chocolate too (oops) couldn't resist.

Looking forwards to my work-out later!! How's everyone else doing?

• O
    Beginner March 2014
    oldbride ·
    • Hide content

Hi all

10.4 does sound do-able. I started to track my walking progress through runkeeper, and it seems to be working as I can measure how far I am walking. The biggest thing is to eat healthily.

Today I have eaten two slices of jam and toast

A fried egg roll

Quorn sausage, oven chips and peas

Oh, and being completely honest a massive slice of chocolate birthday cake I baked this morning (that's today's and tomorrows calories sorted out then.....)

So, all in all, today has NOT been a good day to stick to the diet.

Will try and get out for a walk tomorrow to burn some of it off. Will keep you all informed.......

• W
    Beginner March 2014
    WelshSam ·
    • Hide content

I'm one of the unfortunate ones who has to exercise as well as eat healthy, if i do just eating healthy my weight loss always stalls after the first 3-4 pounds. I would also advise anyone here to measure yourself as some week you might not lose weight, but lose inches instead. So keep a record! I have a small fitting size 12 dress to get into i recently bought which i'll be hoping to wear over the xmas period and eventually get back into my size 10 jeans and of course my wedding dress ?

We CAN do this!!!

• O
    Beginner March 2014
    oldbride ·
    • Hide content

I have to exercise too, or it all goes to pot. I went out for a brisk walk yesterday pushing my two year old in his pushchair - took me 28 minutes, up and down the hills to go 1.62 miles! I was walking before on my own and getting a lot quicker, but now if I take my youngest out, I figure I am working a lot harder. All of my walks are plotted on runkeeper, which is activated on my phone via GPS. I find that keeping track of my progress is spurring me on. I just need to try and tackle the diet now.

How is everyone else getting on?

• W
    Beginner March 2014
    WelshSam ·
    • Hide content

Last 2 days haven't been very good at all, fallen off the wagon. Going to work out this evening and get back on the eating healthy. Going to weigh myself in the next few days as H2B has been saying i look like i've lost weight ? Personally i think he needs to go to specsavers ?

How's everyone else doing? Hope everyone is well.

• N
    Beginner June 2014
    NC<3 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all,

im doing rubbish too, so you're not the only one WelshSam.

Was off work for 2 days and just ate all day! I've not done a weigh in yet, maybe we should have a weigh in on a Friday, what do you think? We don't have to post our weight if you're not happy doing that but we could say I've lost 1lb (fingers crossed) or I've gained 1lb (boo)

What do you think?

• Jennyannburke
    Beginner April 2014
    Jennyannburke ·
    • Hide content

Hi all,

I'm actually doing okay this week. I started a workout DVD called the 30 Day Shred. It's only 20 mins long but tough. I'm busy at work so that's helping! I'm up for a weekly weigh in. I have Pinterest and it's great for motivation tips and healthy recipes. If you haven't already discovered it for wedding planning, get it. Although it's ridiculously addictive!

Focus on what you've achieved ladies rather than what you haven't yet, I reckon. Still loads of time!

Jenny x

• N
    Beginner June 2014
    NC<3 ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies,

so I've chose a Friday as my weekly weigh in, I weighed myself this morning and I now weigh 10st 4, which means I've lost about 3lb!! I'll be honest I was amazed as I'd not done very well the last few days but really pleased with the loss!

hope you're all doing well xxx

• W
    Beginner March 2014
    WelshSam ·
    • Hide content

Well done NC, that is great ? Keep up the good work!! I'll weigh in now after the weekend i think!

• N
    Beginner June 2014
    NC<3 ·
    • Hide content

How's everyone doing?

i had my weigh in again yesterday and I'm now 10st 2lb, so I've managed to lose a little bit more! I'm heading for under 10st by November so fingers crossed.

xxx

• Jennyannburke
    Beginner April 2014
    Jennyannburke ·
    • Hide content

NC, you're putting us all to shame! Well done! I've 10.7 which is a couple of pounds but I've been exercising quite a bit so feel good about my progress. I'm doing that DVD each evening and it's keeping me motivated. Also, I've tried to cut out bread and cut down on carbs. Don't find it too tough coz I'm making tasty food instead and am planning meals in advance. A must so that I don't pig out!

How are you getting on WelshSam?

xxx

• M
    Beginner May 2014
    Muppet ·
    • Hide content

Hey - do you mind if I join. We are putting down our deposit for our wedding on Thursday, which will be in May so I've got 6 months to get in shape!

I weighed in this morning, and I think i'd like to lose at least a stone, more if possible!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics