Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner January 2025 Kent

7K for a wedding package?

Alisha, 29 of December of 2022 at 12:13 Posted on Planning 1 8

So my overall budget is 10k for absolutely everything.
I was hoping to find a venue near me that has the full package for 7k ie ceremony food drinks evening do dj and dancefloor ectThen the remaining 3k would go on insurance, licence/notice to marry, registrar, marriage certificate, gifts for bride/groom party, favours, hen do/stag do, suits for groom best men, my wedding dress, m.o.h, and Bridesmaids dresses, cake, table centrepieces, ring & band ect.
I've cut costs as we'll be doing our own hair and makeup, and who needs a photographer when you have mobile phones and can easily edit the photos yourself for free? My ring will cost £15, silicone band £9 so massive savings there. Bridesmaid dresses I've found on shien for £10 each.
I'm all for cheap side of life. And seems like it may just be doable. Or is it? Some prices have been exaggerated and I've put down as more than what they actually are. But have I forgotten anything?
We have 215 guests.. is a 7k wedding package realistic? £7000 max - wedding package£199.20 - wedding dress£250/£50 each - bridesmaid dresses£100/£50 each for Flower boy&Page boy suits and shoes£150 Wedding insurance£70 give notice to marry £47 registrar fee£11 marriage certificate £500 hen do£500 stag do£50 groom suit & shoes£100/£50 each best men suits & shoes £36.99 bride Flower bouquet£50 Suit & shoes for Dylan £100 favours£20 cake topper £300 wedding cake£200 table centrepieces £15 wedding ring£8.99 wedding band £156.43 gifts for bridal & groom party

8 replies

Latest activity by SdvillPak, 3 of January of 2023 at 13:10
  • Ellen91
    Dedicated October 2023 West London
    Ellen91 ·
    • Hide content
    I think it depends what you want from your wedding package. But £7k sounds cheap for 215 guests.

I’ll use my wedding as an example. We are getting married at a hotel and having the reception there. There will be 128 day people and an additional 80 evening guests. Our hotel package is an out of season package (cheaper so we went with this one). We get the following:
    - hire of the venue - dance floor- DJ - 3 course sit down meal - toast drink at both the reception and the sit down meal- evening finger food buffet - honeymoon suite for the bride and groom
    This comes in at just under £13k. However, we could have done it cheaper by not picking a Saturday.
    We have also upgraded parts of the package, so we are having canapés at the reception, beer also at the reception, half a bottle of wine for each person at the meal, a hog roast instead of a finger buffet for evening food. This added nearly £3k to the total quote so we are coming in at around £16k for our wedding.
    It depends what you want, if you are willing to do a bit of DIY at the venue, maybe do a registry office wedding and a reception at a pub/ hall, that would definitely bring down costs. Also one thing to think about that I don’t think was on your list, did you want the venue to be decorated? If yes, I’d suggest putting aside a budget for that and also items such as name cards, table decorations at the wedding etc.
    I hope this helps and I hope you enjoy the planning (I have loved it!) xx
  • A
    Alisha ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I've been putting 215 everywhere I've posted.. I only have 100 guests so I've no idea where I'm getting the number 215 from.
  • Ellen91
    Dedicated October 2023 West London
    Ellen91 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha! 100 guests definitely sounds more manageable! I would have a look around and see what you want find in your local area.

We found Saturdays and venues where the ceremony and reception are taking place in the same locations were the most expensive. The cheaper alternatives were places such as village halls/ pubs. I am sure you will have a lovely day whatever you decide to do xx
  • H
    Expert November 2022 Lincolnshire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content

I see you've got £47 as the registrar fee so are you having a statutory ceremony with just 2 witnesses?

Are you changing your name? If so, you may want to factor in more than 1 marriage certificate as places like your bank, DVLA and Passport office need originals and it can take a while to get them back from them.
  • A
    Alisha ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That was a mistake on my part not reading the prices properly. I've since changed to the actual price needed on my actual list.
  • C
    Savvy October 2024 Kent
    Crystal ·
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is £7k for around 100 guests (60 in the day) that includes 3 course meal, evening buffet, about 3 drinks each, filtered water, table and seat covers with sashes, cutlery, fully staffed private bar area, cake stand, a room for our wedding night with breakfast the next day. We’re in Greater London. It’s doable xx
  • A
    Dedicated March 2024 Essex
    Alison ·
    • Hide content
    I don’t think £7k for that many guests is realistic especially not with all that included. We are paying £8500 for 50 and that felt like pretty good value tbh!
  • A
    Dedicated March 2024 Essex
    Alison ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is a really good point!

If you want to get married at a wedding venue you will have to pay for the registrar to attend which is about £600!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics