Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner April 2015

8 days to go!

AprilBride15, 10 of April of 2015 at 13:18 Posted on Planning 0 4

So 8 days to go and I feel excited, not nervous or stressed now :-)

Finish work on Wednesday, for good... start my new job when I get back from honeymoon! (That only happened this week!)

The men's suits are in, so we will collect tomorrow, flowers coming Thursday; so will take everything I can to the hotel then and I pick up my dress and veil on Friday! A little concerned that the wishing well an cake are being delivered directly to hotel on Friday night (so I wont have anytime to do anything about them if anything is wrong!) BUT I am trying to remain positive!

I will be 'moving into the hotel' Friday night after a full afternoons pampering - so looking forward to that too!

Need to think about packing for the hotel and honeymoon, but currently I feel so chilled (strange eh?) that it really doesn't seem like a 'big deal'!

"Have I missed anything?" I keep going through everything and I honestly can't think of anything else.

Umm... so I suppose I should enjoy the next few days, as I'm sure from Thursday it will be a different story!

4 replies

Latest activity by MrsShep, 10 of April of 2015 at 20:17
  • Grace@PEP
    Beginner November 2018
    Grace@PEP ·
    • Hide content

Get in as much You time as possible.

The wishing well and the cake will be fine - ask for a picture from the suppliers of them before they are sent, so that you can at least see what they look like. You are very well organised just ensure that you have some 'me' time set aside for friday evening.

Hotel packing will not take up much of your time, put in a few emergency provisions - such as safety clips, stain removal wipes, deodrant, a pair of flat shoes, blister plasters and so on so if you have any little crisis you can simply excuse yourself and go up to your room to sort it out, also remind your OH to pack his walking shoes...My OH forgot his day shoes and ended up spending first day travelling on Honeymoon walking around being foot nipped in his wedding shoes, so our first port of call was a shoe shop.

• A
    Beginner April 2015
    AprilBride15 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Grace@PEP. I expect I will end up packing OH overnight bag anyway! :-)

Yes, its going to take a little while to 'come down' from all the wedding planning I think - as I feel like I have nothing to do!

• Grace@PEP
    Beginner November 2018
    Grace@PEP ·
    • Hide content

Take time out that week and it will be less difficult, plan a coffee with family members, things you always feel you would like to do but never get around to as you are working. A lunch out with girlfriends, a date night in with the other half and make the wedding an extended celebration of who you love, and who is close to you. That way you will not feel so much at an anti-climax following the wedding planning part.

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

I felt the same, though it came later for me, around 4-5 days before the wedding we were off work and expecting to be running round in a bit of a panic but we had everything sorted. You should pamper yourself, and as others have said, spend some time together and enjoy the calm before the storm.

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Yay! I was exactly the same, its lovely to be organised and calm!

Congratulations on the Job too! Great news!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics