Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

leafy
Beginner September 2005

8 lads going to Benidorm for 40th birthday

leafy, 8 of August of 2009 at 21:48 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 1

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help me. My husband is going on his cousin's 40th to Benidorm and there are 8 of them going. I have been given the task of trying to find somewhere for them to stay. I love organising things but this is proving to be very time consuming. I'm looking online at all the various options. Flights are not a problem, I've found that so its just somewhere to stay.

Am I best looking for an apartment that will sleep all 8? 2 apartments sleeping 4 in each? A hotel with 2 or 3 in a room. B&B or self catering.

If anyone has been to Benidorm in a large party or anywhere in a large party for that matter, I'd be grateful for any tips/hotel recommendations. They are not wanting to spend too much either. I don't suppose lads are too fussy either.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

?

The largest party abroad was my hen weekend for 6 of us but we stayed at my friend's villa and slept where we could so no problems there ?

1 replies

Latest activity by MrsMcB2B, 9 of August of 2009 at 00:16
  • Sare
    Beginner September 2002
    Sare ·
    • Hide content

Can't help with the accomodation I'm afraid, but might be an idea to send a warning to Sticky Vicky?

• MrsMcB2B
    Beginner November 2009
    MrsMcB2B ·
    • Hide content

Never been there I'm afraid, but I hope you don't mind me saying - if you're not going why have you been tasked with sorting out the mens' holidays? If you love organising things then that's cool, but if it's a bother I'd let them know it's proving to be a bit tricky.

Having said that, a huge group of us just went to Barcelona in July. I've been three times now and I love it more every time I go. There's the football stadium that the men should love (which I liked too - it's bloody massive!) and fab bars, restaurants, amazing architecture, and a pretty good beach with beer, mojito and massage vendors every ten minutes etc. (but not in an intrusive way) I love it cause it's booze and culture but that might not be what your men are looking for.

We stayed in lots of two to four person apartments and booked it all through the same website; 'Loving Barcelona'. They seem to take a bigger deposit if you do a 'group booking' but there's nothing to stop you from individually booking each apartment (all in the same block) which is what we did for 17 and a half people (one toddler).

This is their website, I've used them twice and there's been no problems, pretty basic accommodation but it served it's purpose, and it's clean and central, and they own whole blocks so in theory everyone can be together. We were constantly up and down the stairs for which ever flat had the party that night!

http://www.lovingbarcelona.com/

http://www.lovingbarcelona.com/Barcelona_apartments_groups.html

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics