Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Vixy1987
Beginner May 2016

8 Weeks to go - FLASH!

Vixy1987, 4 of April of 2016 at 17:31 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hi All,

So I've been on here a while and not really done a flash so I thought I would join in with these and give you an overview of the day! It's only 8 weeks away now and I can't quite believe it.

Some background on us.....We met when we were 16/17 in 2204 and dated for a short while but it just didn't work so went our separate ways but stayed really close friends. We both had other partners in this time and I moved away to Brighton Uni while he stayed at home. We spoke often and met up whenever I was home to catch up, it never occurred to us to think of each other as anything else. Then in 2009 I was fed up and wanted to move back home, I basically up and left my live in Brighton to come home (which wasn't easy) but all this time he supported me and we just got closer. Finally, after months are just seeing each other every other day and talking every day we decided to make a go of it and haven;t looked back. We aren't a corny couple but he is honestly my best friend and soul mate. I've had a few rubbish years with losing my Dad but he has been my rock, it seems silly now that we both didn't really ever think of each other in that way before but I am a true believer in everything happening for a reason.

Anyway, we had discussed marriage but it wasn't really on the radar...turns out it was a red herring and he was plotting the proposal, which happened Christmas Day 2014 - 5 years after getting together. I actually went into shock but good shock!

Now onto the wedding details...sorry it's going to go on a bit!

We are having a church wedding at a local village church, somewhere I went to school:

Guest book - Jenga!

Bridesmaids hair and my hair:

Think that's enough for now! This has got me all excited again!! Can't wait Smiley smile x

11 replies

Latest activity by Pookie8911, 8 of April of 2016 at 21:00
  • Poppy_24
    Curious September 2016
    Poppy_24 ·
    • Hide content

Your dress is gorgeous, and I love that your venue is a total blank slate for you to add all your personal touches, like the board game theme! Fab!x

• Emmy1102
    Beginner September 2016
    Emmy1102 ·
    • Hide content

I love all of the lego, especially the chocolate lego pieces - your mum is a genius!

• L
    Beginner October 2016
    Lakesbride16 ·
    • Hide content

It all looks lovely! Your dress is gorgeous and I love the theme!

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content

All looks fantastic

• Vixy1987
    Beginner May 2016
    Vixy1987 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

She is very clever! Although these are from a mould found on eBay Smiley winking

Putting it all down on here makes me realise how it's all come together!

• K
    Beginner August 2016
    KatJo ·
    • Hide content

Lovely ideas and pictures. Your wedding dress is beautiful!

• IngridHughes
    Beginner July 2016
    IngridHughes ·
    • Hide content

I love the theme and you look stunning in the dress!!

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

Amazing! Love it all, especially all the dresses!

• H
    Beginner May 2016
    HappyBlueConfetti257 ·
    • Hide content

Oooh wow! It's all so beautiful!!

It seems we have similar stories, my OH and I met when we were at school, I was 16, he was 18, in 2004 as well. I went away to Uni and he stayed home, we'd take it in turns to make the journey to see the other. He lost his Mum in 2010 and my after a horrible few years, my parents divorced in 2013, we have grown closer through those horrible times. He then proposed on Christmas Day 2014 after we'd bought our first house earlier in the year. Main difference is, we've been together all that time and we celebrate our 12th anniversary tomorrow.

• Vixy1987
    Beginner May 2016
    Vixy1987 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh wow that is similar! Congratulations on the 12 years too!

• jayannfernandez
    jayannfernandez ·
    • Hide content

Your dress is so beautiful and my favorite is the chocolate lego men, looks delish!!! congrats!!!

• Pookie8911
    Beginner April 2017
    Pookie8911 ·
    • Hide content

All looks amazing!! Love your dress, and the bridesmaids colour is gorgeous. Your centrepieces have inspired me - just what I was looking for! Good luck with the next few weeks!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics