Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

80's Hen do costume help *flash*

23 of February of 2014 at 16:41 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 21

I was thinking of a Madonna bride style but the costumes are a bit too skimpy for me.

So I'm thinking a longer tule tutu skirt with lace 3/4 length lace Leggins, lace gloves, big bow on the top of my head, Frankie says relax top tucked in and a denim jacket (already have this and it's an original 80's jacket), big hair, big earrings, loads of beads and bangles.

What do you think? I'm torn between a white or a black skirt ?

21 replies

Latest activity by Mrs C, 25 of February of 2014 at 13:24
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Where is that black one from?! I love it!

It's a difficult one. I want to say white because it's more hen do-y but you'd probably never wear it again whereas that black one is lush.

It would be an easier decision if your work colleague wasn't being a weirdo and going to your hen do dressed as a bride.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Love this one: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/152695750/tulle-skirt-tea-length-tutu-skirt

• G
    Beginner June 2014
    Grumps ·
    • Hide content

Can you head butt her with your big hair? And finish her off with the earrings?!?

OK, serious mode: could you buy it in white for the hen do and then dye it black (or any other colour) afterwards?

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Is it better now?

ETA: Takes 30 days though.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

I think you are being far too nice and reasonable about this. Considering wearing black to your hen party because some random workmate weirdo is wearing white and the outfit you should be? If it was just an 80s fancy dress party, fine. But it's your hen party, and she's going dressed as a bride. Totally out of order. Do you have bridesmaids who could speak to her and tell her to find something else to wear? Failing that how about you tell her that all the other outfits you've looked at aren't suitable, so shall be wearing (quite rightly) the Madonna bridal one and she'll need to find something else. If she doesn't want to or can't (which is a non argument considering the costumes you can buy cheaply and easily now), then you'll understand if she doesn't come.

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

Instead of the frankie t-shirt i suggest you diy one with sparkles saying 'bride'. Iwould also go with a white skirt and let your colleague look like the idiot she clearly is.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? What? Why????!! WTF???

Who does that? Clearly I've missed another thread but this woman needs a slap oopside her head if she thinks she can try to upstage the hen at her own hen do!

On the plus side, everyone else will see that she is a nutter and your tutu will be gorgeous.

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

This is the most bizarre thing ever. She needs telling! Do you want me to tell her?

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Lol, I'll tell her!! After all, I'm becoming a psychologist, I need the practice ?

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

I just find it so odd that anyone would think to dress as a bride on someone else's hen do.

PS - This was my hen dress

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

Panj you're so gorgeous.

Where's your thread mrs? I can't find it. God that 'friend' of yours needs telling off soooo much! Why does she think that's OK? What have your other mates said? It's so flippin weird.

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

I LOVE the tutu's!

Your friend needs telling going as a bride to someone else's hen do is just odd. Part of me would want her to do it and feel the awkwardness but I wouldn't want her to ruin it for you!

Are you handy with a sewing machine? I have an amazing tutorial for making a tutu which would work out far cheaper than buying online.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I have only just twigged that this "friend" is coming as a bride!!! Tell her to do one and get the white.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics