Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner August 2015

8L drinks dispenser

Kerrypug, 22 of July of 2015 at 09:57 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 6

I'm having a BBQ on (pray for some sunshine everyone!) for my hen party and have purchased an 8 litre drinks dispenser. The only problem is, I have no idea what to fill it up with! My party has a rock n roll theme so I don't want anything to garden party like. I was thinking maybe Southern Comfort, lime and lemonade which is my favourite drink - would you put some limes in to make it look a bit less like a container of brown stuff?

I'm open to ideas and suggestions - anything cheap and easy haha!

6 replies

Latest activity by Marcie, 23 of June of 2021 at 19:01
  • MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like fun! Will you get through 8L of southern comfort and lemonade? I tried searching for punch recipes but they're blocked at work, who knew?! This is a rock and roll cocktail (its actual name)

http://www.makemeacocktail.com/cocktail/4355/rock-and-roll/

Couple of other ideas

http://www.skiathos-rocknroll.gr/index.php/rock-n-roll-cocktails

http://www.axs.com/spice-up-your-2015-grammy-viewing-party-with-rock-n-roll-cocktails-38127

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

Pimms? Always seems to be a crowd pleaser. You can get a Pimms knock off in aldi. O'd also stick some fruit in there.

My only concern with southern comfort is I don't know how popular it is iyswim? In my family/friends I think only a couple of them would drink it.

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

Prosecco or wine??? I think most people enjoy this tipple x

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Holy Moley - 8l of Prosecco!!! (I suppose it could be a big party!)

If your friends drink Southern Comfort (I do) then I think that's a good idea to go with your theme. I'm not very rock and roll myself, so I don't know what other drinks would really fit the theme. - Jack and coke maybe?

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

Weve got a giant plastic one that holds about 7.5 litres, and we use it regularly for BBQs. Dont forget if you add ice it wont hold as much liquid.

What we tend to do it vodka orange and archers. It always goes down well. I would be reluctant to have fizzy stuff in it as I don't know how well it will last.

I can give you quantities of it on the large scale if you want (we ended up working it out with water one day and writing it on the lid as we were sick of trying to remember every time we did it)

Youd be surprised, on the average BBQ, we can get through 1 1/2 - 2 of these. Thats if if there is about 15 of us.

Of you could do a tequila sunrise type of one?

• R
    Merseyside
    Ruth ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi I know this was written years ago but am desperate for a recipe and ideas for my 2 drinks dispenser which are 8L and 7L.

The Pims sounds like a good idea as well as the vodka and archers. I need to know quantities if anyone can help please ?

• Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    I’ve got a similar skirt style dress and I’ve bought a wunderskirt, it’s amazing. It really smooths everything out and pulls you in without being restrictive. The only stockist is Wed2b

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics