Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner January 2012

9 days to go which detox / crash diet ?

kellouloud, 4 of July of 2013 at 18:30 Posted on Planning 0 13

Hello so with 9 days to go I need a crash diet / detox to get my teeth into :-)

any ideas ?? Xx

13 replies

Latest activity by RomanticRedDecor25445, 4 of December of 2017 at 22:14
  • M
    Beginner October 2014
    Mrs2014 ·
    • Hide content

Why would you want to do that?

maybe cut carbs if you won't to feel less bloated...

Otherwise relax and crack open the wine and the chocs Smiley smile

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Detox diets don't actually detox you, so don't do it for that reason. However, they may well help shift a pound or two.

I've only ever crash 'dieted' the odd time, mostly for the few days before I need to get into a slinky dress, so really just to cut the bloat. Absolutely nothing processed, loads of veg (less fruit, really calorific), skip breakfast/soups for lunch and dinner (add rice or pearl barley to bulk out), drink lots of water. I wouldn't do this for nine days though.

Have you thought about getting a body wrap the day before? You'll (temporarily) lose a few inches.

• A
    Beginner May 2014
    Amora Nail & Beauty ·
    • Hide content

Not sure where you are in the UK but the suggestion of a body wrap is a good one to consider, if you can find someone locally that does Shrinking Violet Body Wraps they are worth looking into. They are not like the wraps of years ago that were actually dehydrating you. Shrinking Violet works through Lipolysis and the loss is permanent as it shrinks the fat cells, the only way to put the inches back on is to eat the fat again, the average loss is 4-6 inches so worth considering.

Crash diet wise is unlikely to work as you are likely to be hungrier and end up eating more, I would just concentrate on eating healthy with lots of fruit and salad with protein etc and cut back out carbs

Hope that helps a bit

• Foo
    Beginner June 2014
    Foo ·
    • Hide content

Attack phase of Dukan. It is no fun but you will definitely lose weight.

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

^^

This! My mum lost 7stones on Dukan last year. Hard work but does work. I can imagine you could lose a few lbs in a week on it.

Alternatively, slim-fast. I do that when panic dieting and can lose 3-4lbs a week if I'm VERY strict.

• G
    Beginner June 2014
    Grumps ·
    • Hide content

Eat sensibly during day, and no carbs *at all* on evenings. Seems to be working for me.

• LilMissBusyBride
    Beginner August 2013
    LilMissBusyBride ·
    • Hide content

Just eat really healthy and reduce carbs. Hard-core short-term detox diets are renowned for making you ill about 4-7 days in so dont do it!!

• havecreditwillwed
    Beginner August 2013
    havecreditwillwed ·
    • Hide content

OK so I should say 'oh that is like, sooo bad for you' but I am not going to because I totally do this all the time, I know it is bad, and I. Just. Do. Not. Care.

Are you prepared to go through the pain barrier for this? It hurts, but it works.

- You can safely eat Kelloggs breakfast cereal for two meals a day without seriously damaging yourself. I have this on good authority from a nutritionist that the Kelloggs drop a jeans size thing is fine to do for two weeks (2 weeks only) as the cereals are very fortified with vitamins etc. I recommend Crunchy Nut Cornflakes because they taste better than Special K and are more satisfying and it still works. Alternatively Fruit & Fibre which is quite filling

Make your evening meal lean protein and veggies. Smoked salmon and salad, cooked lean chicken no skin with steamed veggies. If its too hard, I put a blob of Philadelphia light on my plate and use it like a dip! Alternatively soup, salad with cottage cheese and tomatoes, vegetable ratatouille / veggie chilli. No pasta, no rice, no bread. Avoid sugary fruits like pineapple mango etc. If you must snack, make it an apple. If you are really hungry, have an oat-so-simple original at lunch and it will keep you going!

No snacks, no sugary drinks including dilute squash, no lattes. Drink water, tea without sugar, or black coffee.

You can hack this for 9 days no probs.

This is what I do - works for me!

Also - running - run like a mentalist. It really starts to drop when you run for an hour but with 9 days to go, I would try and run every other night for 20 - 30 mins.

Good Luck from a fellow yo-yo dieter! I was 10stone 1lb at Christmas, as of today I am 8 stone 2lb and have lost 4 inches all over my body!

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I did the cabbage diet once, got to about day 4 and thought I was going to pass out.

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ewwww!!! After 4 days of cabbage, I imagine you'd have made everyone around you feel like passing out too!! ;0)

• A
    Beginner October 2013
    AlmostMrsSmith ·
    • Hide content

Juice master 7lbs in 7 days.

• K
    Beginner January 2012
    kellouloud ·
    • Hide content

Do tell me more ? X

• A
    Beginner October 2013
    AlmostMrsSmith ·
    • Hide content

It's really good, I've done it twice before and lost half a stone each time. It's by Jason Vale, if you google him you get the website and more info. Basically for 5 or 7 days you have juices/smoothies instead of solid food. It's not as bad as it sounds! Plus for a short amount of time you just grit your teeth and after a while just end up with loads of energy (probably Fruit sugar!). They're mostly vegetable juices but taste really nice. You do need a juicer though. The plan is available as an app or book. If you have spare cash they do a mail order plan, all juices delivered to you ready done. nosh do one as well I think...

• R
    RomanticRedDecor25445 ·
    • Hide content

I used Dr.Parel Cleanse as one of the components of my diet, and I am very glad that I managed to undergo a full course of cleansing and losing weight with the help of this medication. It’s a very effective means, you feel no hunger whatsoever and is ready to do loads, you feel a lot of energy in your body. All its components turned out to be suitable for me, my face became clean and fresh. I can say with confidence that if necessary, I’ll only use Dr.Parel Cleanse.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics