Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria

9 month countdown!!!

Shay, 14 of October of 2023 at 23:08 Posted on Planning 2 14

Hi everyone!

We are in the quiet spell of the run up to the wedding! Everything is booked!! Save Save Save! To the point it feels like we aren’t even getting married it’s all so quiet!! Of course I don’t want every day to be wedding chat, but what did you do in the quiet run up to your big day? We have fun things planned like bridesmaid shopping, wine tasting, wedding ring shopping, mother of the bride shopping. Maybe I have just answered my own question? 😂 We are a DIY wedding but I think we are organised there as well. My mind is ticking this evening!! Have we forgot something or is there something we should definitely enjoy on this final run up? Thank you for reading.

14 replies

Latest activity by Shay, 27 of December of 2023 at 21:58
  • Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content

Hi Shay.

Have you already planned your hen party?

Are you buying your own drinks for the wedding reception?

Have you bought decorations?

Thought about jewellery for the wedding day?

Bought a little gift for your groom?

Have you organised your cake and flowers?

Shoes? You'll have to get used to wearing your shoes closer to the day.

Emergency kit for the day - sewing kit, paracetamol etc. Probably won't need it but just in case.

Have you booked hair and makeup trial?

Closer to the time decide what you want to do for your first dance. We did a basic step and added a couple of fancy moves which were repeated but did not choreograph it.

Chosen the music for your playlist and your first dance?

• S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Lea! Lovely to see your name pop up! I hope you’re ok? Yes to all bar gift for the groom. Not wore my shoes yet but I am going to a month or 2 before as you won’t actually see them on the day. Hair and make up trial is on my Christmas party day. The dj has actually just messaged asking about a playlist but we still have plenty of time he says. The first dance is what I’m nervous about. I’ve actually became very overwhelmed recently about people watching me on the day which is silly these are all the people we love and care about. I don’t know a handful of people as they work with my partner down south and he would like them there but that’s it, but my nerves and anxiety is something I should work on then it will all fall into place. Thank you for your reply.
  • Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content

Hi Shay,

I'm good. Haven't posted as post wedding the excitement of wedding stuff wears off, However, it's nice to pop in here now and then.

About 3 weeks before the wedding we saw a couple of YouTube videos about first dances and learnt a couple of basic moves in our living room and practised until the wedding. Every time our first dance song comes on now we think about the practise rather than the wedding day dance itself :-) Practise until you feel comfortable and you'll be fine. Choose a song which is not too long or edit to cut it down. Don't choreograph but get your husband to be to learn how to lead. We cheated and every time we had to do a 'fancy' move such as a twirl I would whisper into husband's ear!

• S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So glad you are well. This is so lovely and such good advice! I can understand it all wearing off but you’ve made some lovely memories. ❤️
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I would just enjoy the break from wedding planning! I think the more all-consuming it is beforehand, the harder it is to adjust to normal life after. We had a fairly laid-back wedding and lots of time to do non-wedding stuff in the months before, and I'm sure that's why we had a very easy adjustment to post-wedding life, compared to some of my friends who made wedding planning almost a full time job. When something's been filling your life for months on end, it's hard to know what to replace it with, so it's actually really healthy to have some 'down time' to do other stuff.

• S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is a very good point! I also don’t want it to be wedding stuff all the time but just incase there was a must. Thank you for your reply.
  • Mrslines0510
    Beginner October 2023 West Sussex
    Mrslines0510 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Shay! My husband and I were a bit nervous about the first dance (actually he was so nervous he said he didn’t really want to do it but still went ahead haha!) but when it actually happened neither of us even cared that people were watching ☺️ I heard people say that before the big day and wasn’t sure if it would be true for us but it was! It helped that we didn’t do the full song as well, I think we did a couple of minutes, so it was over before we knew it. It’s a lovely memory, I don’t think you’ll regret it 🥰
  • Mrslines0510
    Mrslines0510 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I also meant to say that we didn’t learn anything for the first dance, we just kinda stepped side to side and went round in a circle together haha. It took the pressure off as well coz we didn’t have to remember anything ☺️
  • S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi there! Yes. We were talking in the car yesterday about all these things I’m nervous about I won’t even think about them on the day so why worry now? I’m so glad you both enjoyed it. Our song I feel guests will start to sing and then we can enjoy that moment aswell! But we will just have to wait and see! Thank you so much for your lovely reply!
  • Mrslines0510
    Mrslines0510 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww it’s great that you’re talking about it, it helps a lot! Thank you so much 😘 I’m sure your guests will join in and it will be amazing! You’re very welcome and I hope you have the best day! 💖
  • Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 Warwickshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Try enjoy it as much as you can! 🤣
  • S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes! Hahaha! All exciting! Soon we’ll be able to say WE ARE GETTING MARRIED THIS YEAR!!! 😬
  • Katrina
    Dedicated February 2025 West Midlands
    Katrina ·
    • Hide content
    It's all so exciting ☺️ enjoy the moment ♡
  • S
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Katrina! ❤️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇