To unblock this content, please click here

Beginner March 2015

9 Weeks To Go - **FLASH**

*CrazyCatLady*, 8 of January of 2015 at 11:10 Posted on Planning 0 14

Ok, so to cheer myself up, I thought I'd do a little flash Smiley smile

Bridesmaid Dresses

Flower girl dresses

My Wedding Dress

My shoes (for the day! - we have personalised converse for the evening with my new name and wedding date stitched on)

Hair inspiration Smiley smile

Flower inspiration

The Church where we will have the ceremony

Our wedding breakfast and evening reception venue

Room where we will have our wedding breakfast (although will look nothing like this - not having chair covers and our colours are ivory/gold/pastel pink)

Jam Jar inspiration but with gold or pink ribbon round the top instead

Table plan inspiration but without the hessian

Cake inspiration (FSIL is a wedding cake maker so is her gift to us - very lucky we are!!!!)

Finally, our honeymoon - we leave the next day Smiley laugh

14 replies

Latest activity by *CrazyCatLady*, 8 of January of 2015 at 14:36
  • M
    Beginner August 2016
    McHelenz ·
    • Hide content

I have a disney bridal gown too!! Smiley smile

Your venue looks A-MAZING. Absolutely beautiful.

I want to do the converse idea - my other half poo poo'd it. Im wondering whether to order them as a gift. Did you have them from converse?

Cant wait to see your flash, its going to be beautiful xx

Beginner March 2015
    *CrazyCatLady* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much!! I loved the disney bridal gowns and I was so chuffed when I saw my nearest bridal shop stocked them all!! My BM gowns are Alfred Angelo too Smiley smile Which one did you go for? I was a bit gutted that I missed the new Frozen one that's just come out haha

I ordered white converse for myself and some white vans for my OH which were his Christmas present. He loved them. I got them from a company called Stitches and Lace (google them!) I have "Mrs ****" on one shoe and then the date of our wedding on the other shoe. I got his to say the same but obviously "Mr ****" I'm so pleased with them!!! He never would have worn them if they'd been diamante or embellished in any other way. Will be nice to wear to the airport the next day Smiley smile

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

Simply stunning!!

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    McHelenz ·
    • Hide content

This one is mine, I dont get married till next year so I may try Elsa and the new rapunenzel on!! Smiley smile

I've found a site called Custom Converse - I think I may order from there. This can be my "so you dont get cold feet" gift Smiley smile.

• J
    Beginner May 2015
    Jayla ·
    • Hide content

I tried your dress on mcHelenz! Beautiful.

i love this flash - you'll be a real princess x

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

Wow! Stunning! Love all of it.

where's your venue? And where are you going on honeymoon?

Your hair ?

Beginner March 2015
    *CrazyCatLady* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Smiley smile It's St Helen's Church in Tarporley, Cheshire and then Peckforton Castle afterwards. We're going to Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa in The Maldives - so excited!!! Definitely need a holiday Smiley smile

Been growing my hair like a mad woman for this wedding, I just know when it's over I'll probably chop it all off haha!

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Wow! Definitely one to watch out for when you do your report, this all looks stunning!

• Calella
    Beginner August 2016
    Calella ·
    • Hide content

This all looks gorgeous! Can't wait to see the report!

• S
    Beginner October 2015
    Stephie ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely stunning! I am so jealous, I really loved the Belle dress but I wouldn't have been able to pull it off. Please make sure you share your pics with us, I'm dying to see it all come together Smiley smile x

• Katscamel
    Katscamel ·
    • Hide content

I went to the same resort last year for my 40th with some friends. It's a lovely place, very casual, not over the top romantic (but as you'll be all loved up it won't matter)....remember to get your snorkelling stuff from day 1 - we didn't realise we could - oops. The bar over the water is lovely but gets busy so get in early to grab a seat outside. The island itself is tiny - it takes about 7 minutes to walk round. Very jealous Smiley tongue

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

How gorgeous. You're a very lucky lady Smiley smile it's stunning xx

• M
    Beginner March 2016
    MrsMtobe2016 ·
    • Hide content

Your wedding is going to be amazing. What lovely pictures to flash. I'm also looking at this island for my honeymoon, you'll have to let me know your thoughts when you get back

xx

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

Can't wait for your report and pictures? You're a lucky girl! Do you mind me asking what you wedding budget has been?

Beginner March 2015
    *CrazyCatLady* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know, I really am lucky. We are fortunate enough to already have a mortgage, which meant all our saving has been for the wedding - definitely a good position to be in else there is no way I'd be having this particular venue!

The budget is £25k and we have managed to stick to it (although that doesn't include the honeymoon). But the majority of this amount is purely due to guest numbers - 96 in the day and 150 in the evening, which would be hard to cut down as our families are bigger than normal (I'm one of 5 children and my mum is one of 10!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics