Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner

90cm Martini Glass Vases

Achandler, 23 February, 2011 at 15:24 Posted on Planning 0 17

Hi ladies/gents

I have provisionally held 8 x 90cm Martini Glass vases for our wedding table centre pieces for our wedding on 10/09/11 but before committing to the purchase, i wanted to get an idea of resellability as they are costing me a fortune!!

I would be looking to sell them for around £35 each plus courier costs or collection from Gloucester/Cheltenham/Witney/Hereford.

What do people think about this? Do you think they would sell easily enough?

Thanks

Amy x

17 replies

Latest activity by Lil'Guy Celebration Stationery, 24 February, 2011 at 09:55
  • Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I would imagine someone would buy them but most brides on a budget wouldn't want to pay £35 per vase plus courier costs.

Might be worth putting them on your local Gumtree for collection.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

i think at that price youl be lucky!!

• A
    Beginner
    Achandler ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies. That is what i was afraid of as they are costing me alot more than that to buy them so wouldnt really want to sell them for any less than £35.

Maybe my theory on buy v's hire is not so great!! ?

Thanks

Amy x

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

Im hiring mine for £7.50 each!

Thats a jaw dropping price!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

I bought mine for 8quid each and there were 90cm wine glasses, the martini ones were sellling for 14.99!

• A
    Beginner April 2011
    arnold2b ·
    • Hide content

Sounds alot, i wouldnt pay that much, we've paid about that much for our florist to do flowers in tall vases on round mirrors with crystals! plus as the seller you'll have the hassle of getting them all to someone in one piece as well.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Can I ask where you got them from please Flo - all the ones I can see on ebay etc are £20+.

In terms of the original question - I am looking to buy, but refuse to pay more than £20 each so I am not sure how lucky you would be.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

the mighty Range of course!! HUNDREDS of different vases at silly cheap prices..........you cant order online unfortunatly u have to go into store, have u got one near you?

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Not near as such - about 45mins from my moms or 20mins from my dads, but worth it if there are bargains to be had.... There is also a big shopping centre nearby which I could also visit.. Would be shame to make such a long journey for one thing, but shopping too makes it so worthwhile.

Thanks

• A
    Beginner
    Achandler ·
    • Hide content

Did you buy these recently? I went into my local range about 2 weeks ago but couldnt see any tall vases only your standard vases... Maybe i was looking in the wrong place!!

Definitely worth going back to have a second look if it is going to save me ££££££!!!

I have tried searching for vase hire in my area (Gloucestershire) but i am not having much luck finding anyone who hire the 90cm martini vases. The tallest seems to be 70cm but i am afraid the 70cm will be at eye level once filled with flowers which is what i am trying to avoid.

Does anyone know of a supplier in the Gloucestershire area who hire 90cm martini glass vases??

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

yip, less then a month ago, and they still have them in too!! stores supplies vary but worth checking again Smiley smile

• A
    Beginner
    Achandler ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks... I may pop in on my way home from work tonight!! ?

• A
    Beginner
    Achandler ·
    • Hide content

I have just called my local range store and they only stock the 50cm martini vases ☹️ I did ask whether it was just the Cheltenham store or the range in general but he wasnt too sure and not that helpful in trying to find out!!

Back to the drawing board!!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

At least take a look at them, you might see soem others while your there!!!

• A
    Beginner
    Achandler ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good point ... seeing as i didnt even spot these when i was last in there!! Ha ha

at least take a look at them, you might see soem others while your there!!!

• Kat44
    Beginner August 2011
    Kat44 ·
    • Hide content

Not having martini glasses but we're only having 60cm vases and i'm sure they avoid eye level

• L
    Lil'Guy Celebration Stationery ·
    • Hide content

Local Florist would probably hire them to you if they have them, which would save you the hassle of storing them after the day and selling/packing them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics