Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Daisy Bell
Beginner August 2015

99 Days To Go *Big Flash*

Daisy Bell, 17 of May of 2015 at 15:23 Posted on Planning 0 20

We hit double digits today and now only have 99 days to go until our wedding on 24th August!! I'm so excited!

It's been a productive 3 1/2 months of planning so I thought it was time for a big flash of everything we have planned so far. Smiley laugh

Our venue:

The hotel we're staying at the night before and of the wedding:

My dress:

Bolero:

Custom dress hanger:

Save the dates:

Invitations:

These were going to be our invitations, made by my OH's aunt, but we were let down shortly after I wrote this, so we have to get them done by someone else and start from scratch with the design. See my post below.

Update: new invitations:

Rings:

Shoes:

Jewellery & hairband:

My wedding fragrance:

The kilt my OH will be wearing (with an ivory cravat):

The car that will take me from our hotel to our venue:

Cake inspiration:

Hair inspiration (not yet decided):

Makeup inspiration:

Nail inspiration (not yet decided):

Bridal bouquet inspiration (also not yet decided 100%):

We will also use white bunting to decorate the room and we will have a long and low table flower arrangement on the table (we only have one table). We'll have white chair covers with white or ivory sashes.

So there is quite a bit more to decide, especially my hair & nails, flowers and decoration, but I'm not too worried as we still have just over three months.

We also haven't yet decided on cake flavours, the menu and our honeymoon.

I can't wait to see it all come together on the day. What do you think? Smiley smile

20 replies

Latest activity by Daisy Bell, 20 of May of 2015 at 15:45
  • MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Ooh, wow! You've done such an amazing job in such a short time!! I love so much of it that I can't even pick something out to coo over, can't wait to see your big day all come together!

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

Thanks MrsShep! I'm really happy with everything so far.

Not sure why the picture of the kilt is sideways. :/

Of course things never go as planned. Minutes after I posted this, my OH's aunt texted me. She was going to make our invitations for us (just like the sample above) but now she can't as she's been having problems sourcing the materials and she thinks they won't be nice enough for me so I should have them professionally made. As you can imagine I'm pretty upset. We were going to send them out next week and now we have to scramble and get someone to make them professionally at such short notice. Smiley sad

We found someone online and my OH called her and it looks like she could do our invitations at short notice. Luckily we only need 8-10 but it means we have to find a new design. Smiley sad

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

Wow...all looks lovely!

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

Everything is beautiful!!! Are you getting married in Scotland? I am only asking as the hotel you are staying in looks like the Old Course in St Andrews which is near to where I live x

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, yeah we're getting married in Scotland but the hotel is the Macdonald Marine Hotel & Spa in North Berwick and our venue is in Gullane (East Lothian). (I hope Google image search didn't disappoint me Smiley winking)

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

That all looks just beautiful daisy bell!! Sounds like you pretty much have everything sorted now-hope sorting your invites is nice and easy tho!

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Looking gorgeous. Those 99 days will fly by. Enjoy every one of them. X

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

We managed to sort the invitations already. As soon as I got home this afternoon, my OH and I started googling for weddig stationary designers and we found one that we liked the look of and that had good reviews on Facebook and regularly updated their page too.

My OH called her and explained the situation. Because we only need such a small number of invitations, she said she could probably have them done for us by the end of the upcoming week! She also offered for us to see her in person to look at samples. We asked whether we could come over tonight if it's okay on a Sunday evening and amazingly she agreed. So we saw her at 7pm, and now we have a new design sorted and we'll get the invitations at the end of the week. She will also make our place cards, order of ceremony & menu.

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

You don't hang around do you! Haha. Well done :-)

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

Not really, haha. I don't think I could have relaxed without having solved this, especially as we wanted to send out the invitations next week. Now it looks like that might still happen. Smiley smile We are sending about half of the invitations to Germany so that will take about a week and they also need time to RSVP which again will take a week.

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

Aww it all looks amazing and we have either the same type of wedding car or one that looks very similar Smiley smile good choice Smiley tongue

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

Looks lovely! Your venue looks gorgeous

• Lui
    Beginner October 2015
    Lui ·
    • Hide content

Everything looks so beautiful!

• AnnaMolly
    Beginner October 2015
    AnnaMolly ·
    • Hide content

Yay 99 days (well 98 now Smiley winking)! Your venue is just beautiful and I love the wedding toms!

Actually, it's all gorgeous. It's coming together nicely.

• Pipsybus
    Beginner June 2015
    Pipsybus ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi DaisyBell

your wedding looks beautiful - I can't wait to see it all come together! I'm from North Berwick originally and the Marine Hotel is really stunning- Google image definitely has it right. The views from the hotel out to sea are stunning. I think you'll have an amazing stay!

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, you're too kind! I tried my "proper" shoes on the other day again, and crikey, I'll definitely need the Toms. They will be so much more comfy. Only worry is that of course the dress can only be altered to my height with one pair of shoes so it might be slightly too long with the Toms.

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Glad to hear it, I wasn't 100% sure as I don't think I've actually seen the hotel from that side or paid attention on the occasions we've been to North Berwick. I'm really excited! We were originally looking at the Marine for our venue as well, but Greywalls was just more special and more us. We did decide on the Marine and its honeymoon suite as my OH really liked the idea of being able to use the pool and spa while we're there. Smiley winking

We live in East Lothian, but closer to Edinburgh, so don't spend that much time out in North Berwick but I do love all the little towns on the coast, like Aberlady, Gullane & North Berwick. They have pictures of the view from the honeymoon suite on their Facebook page and it looks absolutely amazing.

• RogueSnowflake
    Beginner July 2015
    RogueSnowflake ·
    • Hide content

Ahh Daisybell it all looks so lovely! I love your dress with with the bolero!

You have done an amazing job of getting it all organised in such a short time.

• Calella
    Beginner August 2016
    Calella ·
    • Hide content

It all looks beautiful! Looking forward to seeing it all together!

• B
    Beginner November 2015
    Bridally ·
    • Hide content

Ooh all looking lovely! How exciting!!

• Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies!

Got a message from the lady doing our invitations now. They are already ready for collection! Can't believe we managed to get this sorted so quickly. I hope we can pick them up tonight and maybe even send them out tonight, otherwise tomorrow. Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics