Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner

9yr old - bridesmaid or flower girl?

Tinkers1, 6 September, 2011 at 18:44 Posted on Planning 0 6

Would you put a 9 yr old in a flower girl dress or 'teen' version of older girls dress'? My neice will be 9 when I get married and she's quite tall so think she would look silly in flower girl dress but is 9 too young for 'teen' dress? xx

6 replies

Latest activity by Soulmates, 6 September, 2011 at 19:31
  • JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

My daughter will be 9 when I get married, I'm putting her in a more flower girl type dress because she's tall and quite grown-up looking and I want to keep her from looking too old.

• H
    Beginner November 2011
    HannahB2B ·
    • Hide content

My 9 year old daughter will be my flower girl/bridesmaid. She's also quite tall and but she wanted a princessy dress and I felt she'd look too grown up in a teen dress so a flowergirl dress it was. I haven't been 100% sure I must admit because of the length, but it was the dress she wanted, I just had to get it in an age 12, and I wanted her to look 9 years old not pushing teen years!

• alocin88
    Beginner
    alocin88 ·
    • Hide content

Why not let her choose?

I am having my 3 nieces as bridemaids ... I gace the oldest two the option - the 11 year old chose the teen dress, the 8 year old chose the flowere girl dress (and the 4 year old was not given the choice!!!)

• T
    Beginner
    Tinkers1 ·
    • Hide content

Thats what I was thinking,I dont want her to look too grown up. I know if I asked her she would pick the older girl dress. Maybe I'll speak to my SIL and see what she thinks. Thanks ladies xx

• navychick
    Beginner August 2011
    navychick ·
    • Hide content

I had four girls. the two grown up BMs were aged 15 and 14, and the younger girls were aged 8 and 5.

the two younger dresses were bought from Debenham, so not entirely flower girl type dresses, but they were both very happy with them and suited them perfectly. My eldest niece, who's 8 is also very tall for her age.

• Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content

My older daughter will be 9 and I asked her what sort of dress she wanted, she asked for a dress that wasn't a flowergirl dress but wasn't the same as the grown ups but still wanted a swooshy skirt!! Luckily we're having them made so it will be a cross between the 2, an empire waist dress but with a layered tulle floor length skirt . My 3 year old will have a typical puffy tulle flowergirl dress and the adults are in empire waist/a line satin floor length dresses.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics