Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

miss_winter14
Beginner February 2014

*-*-*-* ^_^ miss_winter14 REPORT!!! Lots of piccies!!! ^_^ *-*-*-* it's a LONG one

miss_winter14, 15 of April of 2014 at 23:09 Posted on Planning 0 36

ok after an eternity, i've finally gotten around to doing a report. well i say a report- i'll be honest with you- i still remember VERY little about the day so this is likely to be thin on the written side....but then if we're honest- we read reports for the piccies don't we? haha

Anyways- I'll try, so here we go!.............................................

Feb 7th

was feckin hectic! sorry but i won't mince words here! it really was! spent from 6am til 7am sorting the cubs out for school and then from 7am til 8ish chucking washing on so we had clothes for honeymoon. mr winter left for work as he was out with meetings so had to leave a little earlier. cubs left for school and i was alone. raced through the washing up and got on the laptop to finish my uni assignment which was due in that day!!!! yes FINISH! Smiley atonished i'm not a good student *blush*

i was elbow deep in textbooks, referencing until 10-ish when my MOH arrived. i let her in and she began packing stuff for the venue and emptied the washing machine. i finally got my assignment done and submitted online and sent it to my daddy to print at work as the home printer was broken. i tidied the text books away and we stated loading MOH's car with all the boxes. when we were done there was JUST enough room for us.

we headed first to collect my assignment from my papi and we dropped it in to uni (not to keep you in suspense- i passed! i was 6 marks off a distinction so i was rather pleased!), then we headed to the cake shop to view the cake. we rushed to the venue and by now it was getting on in the afternoon. on the way i got a text from my adoptive little sister who said she'd made it as far as london from uni up in manchester and that she'd be with us in a few hours! i burst into tears! lol

we got to the venue and unloaded the mountain of crap. we had a meeting with the co-ordinator and headed back home. the cubs and mummy were home when we got in and for a short while it was a normal friday afternoon. we sat and watched some tv and then my best woman dropped in the order of day scrolls (she printed them as our printer was knackered and her hubbie is a graphic designer so his printer is a good one). all hell broke loose as the scrolls were being tied with twine and having bubbles attached to them. everyone got to work, cutting twine, rolling scrolls, attaching bubbles. as we finished the last scroll my phone buzzed- my sister was at our local station!!! mr winter got home and we briefly discussed dinner and settled on fish and chips as no-one could be arsed to cook. MOH and i sped off to collect sister. we took her on a quick tour of the area (she's been gone for ages), popped to asda and then grabbed the food. by the time we got home it was stupidly late already- almost 8pm which is usually the cubs bed time, but we had to let them stay up to eat. we all wolfed down the food and mr winter got the cubs up to bed and we sat, my parents, my brother, my cousin (who was staying), mr winter and i, talking to my little sister and before we knew it, it was gone 11!!! mr winter washed up, i dried, mummy put away and we all crowded in the kitchen chatting, then he packed a few bits for the morning, scooped mini mr winter out of bed and headed to the hotel he was staying in. it was odd saying goodbye but quite rushed given the hour.

we headed back in and my parents bade their goodnights. cousin, sister and i chatted a short while longer and then just before midnight my cousin dropped my sister back at the station so she could get to her hotel. i didn't want to let her go- it was harder saying bye to her than it was mr winter! lol tearing up writing about it! lol

all evening i'd been feeling sicker and sicker, and now alone, it really washed over me. i always get ill on assignment hand in days as i sleep little and worry lots (have another due in, in two weeks so will be going through it all again Smiley sad lol). i sat on the sofa, head pounding and tried to take stock of the day but it had been such a whirl that i ended up feeling sicker still. i ended up on the laptop going over the quiz for the next day and deciding it was crap so deleting it all!! :/

cousin got back at about quarter past midnight and she headed straight up to bed but i stayed up til around 1am-ish reworking the quiz but even by then it wasn't finished. but by then i just felt too crappy and needed sleep. the thursday i'd not gone to bed until 3am so i was currently living on 3hrs :/

i snuck up to bed but sharing with my cousin meant i didn't sleep as well as i normally would as i was worried about rolling over on top of her! lol so it was a pretty stiff night!

Feb 8th! The WEDDING!

i woke at about 6ish but managed to drop off again until 6.40am-ish. i could feel my cousin awake beside me but i felt really ill still so pretended i was asleep until 7 when i knew i had to get up. i headed off for a bath and the house began to buzz around me.

i bathed only twenty mins and got out and chucked my pj's back on. then i headed out to the garage to empty the tumble dryer to pack the last of the honeymoon clothes. whilst out there however i got called back in, for some reason i can't remember and i didn't get back outside until 7.50am at which point the hairdressers turned up! >_< i ushered her inside, tumble dryer still unloaded. i introduced the hairdressers to people and then left the poor things whilst i ran back out to the dryer! only what happens then? bleedin BM and usherette turn up, followed by make up lady! dryer still not done!!!

i threw usherette at one hairdresser and mini miss winter at the other. i was about to run to dryer when the mother of the BM who had just been dropped off told me to get in doors and that she'd do it. she stayed all morning and was an utter god send! she emptied dryer, ironed, directed people around, packed my suitcase- you name it, that incredible woman did it! i love her.

usherette was finished, miss winter was finished and MOH was started. i carried on sorting the quiz and organising for best woman to print it and the answer sheets at her house. i suddenly realised i needed things from asda still and called poor mr winter who whipped there for me! at 10am he turned up (out of sight) to collect my brother (all the men bar daddy were getting ready at hotel with him) and he dropped off the asda stuff and a gift for me. a diamond necklace i'd had my eye on for 3 years. no card though- i was miffed! lol. MOH was finished and suddenly i had to stop everything i was doing and get in the chair. i so wasn't ready for it, but i had no choice. MOH took over the quiz and for the next two hours i don't really know what went on as i was stuck in a chair in the middle of the living room, so i just sit back and let the music (my morning metal playlist) try to calm me. my hairdresser was NOT impressed with the music choice and was a bit rude about it to be honest but it was a but late to fire her by then! lol

at some point, christ knows when, the togs and flowers showed up. i didn't see the flowers but maids were happy with them so i assumed all was good. tog 2 left to be with the boys and finally my hair and face were done. by now it was gone 11 and the cars were coming between half past and quarter to! eeep.

i raced upstairs and we all started getting dressed. the girls were ready before i knew it and then it was a race to get me done! the minibus showed up and the girls needed to go (the minibus was taking the whole bridal party bar me! it came to mine and then went to the hotel for mr winter) but i still wasn't ready. i all worked on me like i was a project getting ready to go and then daddy started to pack mini miss winter, BM, mother and my bags into the van whilst MOH spent a sec calming me down. as i left the bedroom i caught sight of a photo of my late aunt (moh's mother) who lived with us til she passed and i broke down, wishing she was with us (god knows how MOH will cope when she weds!) but MOH calmed me and went out to the car. and off they went! it was just daddy and i and he quickly bundled me into my car. i'd forgotten the camera charger so he ran back in for that, but then BOOM we were off! god in heaven did i feel ill! i have a heart condition which is aggravated by stress and i had palpitations all the way! not long after we left home, a random old couple in a car, beeped and waved and i teared up a bit. ten mins later little sister texted to say she was almost at venue and i cried lol. as we got on the hogsback (the longest stretch of road on journey) i called MOH to see where they were. they were BEHIND me! not literally but a good few mins! at this rate i was going to beat the groom!!! so when we got off the hogsback, the driver pulled over into a little country pub car park and we waited for the mini bus to pass. driver even offered to go in and get me a drink bless him! i saw a walking group out for a ramble and for a split second thought of joining them as it seemed like an easier day but then the mini bus sailed by, and just two cars later we were off again!

as we pulled up to the grounds of the venue, the driver stopped again and gave daddy and i a glass of champers. then he drove on to the gounds and finally up the drive. he took me over to the barn and i got out and went in to meet up with MOH, BM, mini miss winter and i expected mini mr winter but he was over in the house. i had a few mins to catch my breath and calm when one of my ushers came over and said we were ready and i needed to come over. maids headed to the house and i got back in the car. driver took me over and as we were driving i noticed a rainbow in the sky so i phoned MOH again and asked her to get the tog to grab a pic of it- how many brides get a rainbow on their wedding day??? lol

we pulled up at the house, had a pic of two in with the car and then we went in. the door to the great hall was shut and we were stood in the hallway of the building (it's an old elizabethan house and now a family home). i could hear guests inside and hear the harpist and then it all went quiet! it was go time! the door opened, the harp struck up (greig- solviegs song) and mini mr winter headed down the aisle with the rings. then mini miss winter vanished, followed by bm and then MOH. before i knew it mini mr winter was back already. he absolutely rushed to get back to me which caused a bit of a laughing fit on my part, but then he took my hand, daddy took my arm and away we went. i don't really remember the walk. i'm sure i looked at people but i couldn't tell you now.

we made it to the top of the aisle and i took mr winters hand and i don't think i let go once. i can't explain it, but i NEEDED to hold his hand. if i let it go, everything would go away some how. so i gripped the poor bugger and things began.

i'd love to tell you about the ceremony- i'd ADORE to give you details- but honest to gospel i can't remember a thing. so to try and make up for the lack of detail here i'll include my readings and our vows:

Reading one:

Because She Would Ask Me Why I Loved Her

Christopher Brennan

If questioning would make us wise
No eyes would ever gaze in eyes;
If all our tale were told in speech
No mouths would wander each to each.

Were spirits free from mortal mesh
And love not bound in hearts of flesh
No aching breasts would yearn to meet
And find their ecstasy complete.

For who is there that lives and knows
The secret powers by which he grows?
Were knowledge all, what were our need
To thrill and faint and sweetly bleed?

Then seek not, sweet, the "If" and "Why"
I love you now until I die.
For I must love because I live
And life in me is what you give.

Reading 2:

A Lover asked his Beloved

Rumi

A lover asked his beloved,
Do you love yourself more than you love me?
The Beloved replied, I have died to myself and I live for you.
I have disappeared from myself and my attributes,
I am present only for you.
I have forgotten all my learnings,
but from knowing you I have become a scholar.
I have lost all my strength, but from your power I am able.
If love myself...I love you.
If love you...I love myself.”

Reading 3:

Love is

Jose Marti

THE WEDDING!

36 replies

Latest activity by CrazyRatLady, 10 of July of 2014 at 13:49
  • miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Jesus christ- that took 4 hours to write and upload the pics from!!!! >_<

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Aww wow, love it! You look so beautiful & like you both had an amazing day Smiley smile

So many lovely pics! Congrats again x

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations, so glad that you had a a lovely day!! I love the vows that you both did, your dress is gorgeous and your venue decor is absolutely fab!

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for your lovely words, my gorgeous hitched chums ^_^

• MrsCWB
    Beginner October 2014
    MrsCWB ·
    • Hide content

That is such an awesome report! I was feeling it all with you! You look stunning and your tog was awesome. It looks like you had a totally magical day. Congratulations!!

x

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

I love your pics, amazing! Definitely a distinction for the write up Smiley smile

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

That made me laugh and cry!! I love the idea of you going off for a ramble in your wedding dress instead of getting married, but so glad you didn't!!

Wonderful pictures and you looked stunning.

Congratulations!!

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

Wow what a whirlwind couple of days! Both of you and the wedding looked gorgeous, congratulations! And all the best for married life :-) Yaaayy! :-)

• charliejack
    Beginner October 2014
    charliejack ·
    • Hide content

Congrats! lovely pics and report! xx

• SallyLou
    Beginner August 2014
    SallyLou ·
    • Hide content

You look incredible! What a lovely day. Bless you for ploughing on despite feeling awful. Your pics are ace.

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

Aw! Amazing! And get you, Mrs last minute! As if you were trying to get your washing done, and the quiz, and the assignments ... You make me feel stressed!!

I love your vows, they made me properly tear up! I hope you don't mind I've saved them for inspiration for when I come to write mine!

Congratulations, lovely Smiley smile

• MrsBoo
    Beginner November 2014
    MrsBoo ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations!! Everything looks lovely!! After reading your report I am definitely going to assign a family member to do all of my washing the week of the wedding ?

• loopy_lisa 91
    Beginner June 2015
    loopy_lisa 91 ·
    • Hide content

Oh my God you look like a model! Stunning pictures! Congratulations!

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

(stupid work getting in the way, it's taken me all morning to read this te he he)

Congratulations and WOW, love it ? you look so overcome with emotion in your pictures got to say my fav pic is the 2nd to last one. Glad you had a fantatsic time albeit hectic ?

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all very much for your lovely, kind words. i think 'model' is stretching it a bit far though loopy! lol

but as i say- thank you. you're all so sweet and kind ^_^

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    H3LEN ·
    • Hide content

You all looked like you enjoyed it. Your dress is stunning you looked beautiful.

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations, your photos are stunning and your vows were beautiful; made me teary reading them ;-)

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

Its all very whimsical and romantic!! You're all stunning! your children are freakin precious!!!!

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Merci all ^_^ and MRS elixia- they are a bit lovely i thinks- thank you xxx

• terri_cramp
    Beginner May 2015
    terri_cramp ·
    • Hide content

Wow Wow Wow Wow WOW!!! you have a gorgeous family X

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

You look stunning, you have amazing hair x

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

Wow your dress is lush!

Congratulations it looks like you had a lovely day!

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! Beautiful pictures!

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Even more thanks to all ^_^

i hope i haven't put anyone off with my tales of hectic-ness! lol

• ShropshireLass
    Beginner April 2014
    ShropshireLass ·
    • Hide content

I am SO glad I came across this thread! I've been feeling a little down today but reading this and looking through your absolutely stunning pictures has made me smile so much!! You're children are beautiful, your dress is gorgeous (looks very similar to mine!)...everything looks and sounds like it was just the perfect day...even with the slightly hectic start!!

I'm so happy for you and your family! Wishing lots and lots of wonderful and happy years to come xxx

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

am i right in thinking yours was a ben roberts? our dresses do look similar- we're obviously women of taste Smiley winking xxx

and thank you for the lovely words again ladies. hitchers are just far too kind ^_^

• ShropshireLass
    Beginner April 2014
    ShropshireLass ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes! BR 2392 (I think?) was mine...very similar if not the same as yours! Def women of great taste!! Smiley laugh

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Ben roberts 2228 Smiley winking god they do good dresses ^_^

edited as i cocked up lol it is def 2228

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Ha! read this:

https://www.lisasbridalwear.co.uk

lol

• ShropshireLass
    Beginner April 2014
    ShropshireLass ·
    • Hide content

No freakin way!!! I was desperate for the 2228 but couldn't find one to try on anywhere! I gave up the search when I tried on 2392 for obvious reasons! Not once did the shop tell me it was the mk 2 model of the 2228...there was even a poster of the original in the shop dressing room & I commented on how stunning it was, unbeknown to me I was wearing pretty much the same dress!!!

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

I know! i remember seeing your dress online and thinking 'oooh that's pretty- it's so like mine!'

because it bloody WAS mine >_< just the new mine! lol

well if you're on to a good thing, run with it they say and clearly the BR people did just that! haha

• Bookish
    Beginner August 2014
    Bookish ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous photos! Congratulations.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics