Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

rockabird
Beginner May 2017

a bit of an alternative wedding!

rockabird, 15 of October of 2015 at 18:31

Posted on Planning 33

Hello! We are planning a slightly different wedding and have set the date for May 2017. I'm struggling to keep positive about the whole thing as majority of family are completely horrified that my dress will not be white (it's mostly black) and we have some slightly quirky ideas for reception. We...

Hello!

We are planning a slightly different wedding and have set the date for May 2017. I'm struggling to keep positive about the whole thing as majority of family are completely horrified that my dress will not be white (it's mostly black) and we have some slightly quirky ideas for reception.

We have booked some castle ruins which are stunning and suits our gothic / history geek personalities! Everyone seems fine with this. Every time I mention the dress all I get is looks of horror and sarky comments.

For the buffet, we are seriously thinking of ordering dominoes / pizza hut in as I hate normal buffet food and would literally end up with a ham sandwich all evening! Again, horrified expressions and "that's not a wedding" comments.

*sigh*

We are totally sticking to our guns with our planning bit I guess it's just quite upsetting when every suggestions get crapped on! And family are helping out financially for some aspects which makes it that little but more stressful!

I don't like canapés therefor we aren't having them, we don't need chair covers as the chairs in venue have arms. You would think I'd committed a terrible crime the way people are going on!

We might just go all out gothic just to pee them off even more haha!

33 replies

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Watershed for music is a great idea on invites so people can book an earlier taxi if they want. I'm sure you will find a caterer on your wave length eventually.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics