Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

SillyWrong
Beginner October 2014

A gift for my niece/goddaughter

SillyWrong, 8 of June of 2015 at 14:16 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 4

I want to buy something very special for my new born niece, and something a little more original than an egg cup and cutlery set, or a silver first curl box, or a charm bracelet ... a few years ago my friend had a baby and I had a star named after her, she opened it and said "Oh Daisy you've got three stars named after you now!" (betch!)

I was thinking along the lines of a treasure - like maybe a diamond or emerald (birth stone) that she can have set in to a piece of jewellery when she's older, or something less bank breaking but equally as gorgeous! Any ideas!?

4 replies

Latest activity by Erin8, 11 of June of 2015 at 02:43
  • F
    Beginner September 2015
    Fairycake135 ·
    • Hide content

Your treasure idea is lovely Smiley smile How about something personalised? I love the site gettingpersonal - they do lovely gifts. i've used it to get a personalised wooden train set and also a personalised book for bday pressies.

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Love the birth stone idea! A beautiful thing to do and there are lots of pieces of birthstone jewellery if you want to get her something readymade

• Lady Zith
    Lady Zith ·
    • Hide content

A friend gave his goddaughter a stunning handcrafted wooden jewellery box that she could keep for her christening present. Her parents thought it was a fabulous and original idea as everyone else did the traditional stuff. Olivia is now 6 and loves it - keeps all her 'special' jewellery in it (i.e. real stuff that's not costume jewellery that she's been given over the years).

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Love the jewellery idea :-) I have a miss tiggywinkle money box and a royal doulton figurine, still lovely all these years later.

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This! I think that would be lovely.

Loving the new avatar Auntie!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics