Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*flamingo*
Beginner June 2014

A good concealer? *flash* of my make up

*flamingo*, 17 of April of 2014 at 15:54 Posted on Planning 0 22

Hello!

I am one of the possibly crazy brides doing their own make up on the day.. I'm going to use Bare Minerals foundations but I'm not sure about a good concealer to use. Day to day I just add on a bit of the bare minerals foundation over blemishes and dark circles and it works ok, but I'm going to need something better for the wedding, especially the photos! The only problems I have are dark circles under my eyes and the odd blemish, touch wood no horrific break outs before the day! Can anyone suggest a concealer? Or has anyone tried the Bare Minerals concealer? The Bare Minerals lady used it on me when I went in to buy the foundation but I can't really remember how good it was. Thank you!!

22 replies

Latest activity by *flamingo*, 20 of April of 2014 at 17:52
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I use Chanel which is a good cover and is not heavy or clogging. I can also recommend Estee Lauder in the small tube but check the testers because EL have gone through a bit of a bad patch recently with odd colours in the testers which aren't anything like the actual product. One of the reasons why I've switched to Chanel as I've taken two lots of EL stuff back because the shades were nothing like they should be. I've used EL for donkeys years but feel they are pricing themselves out of that section of the market recently. EL also have a heavier concealer out but I found that was quite cloggy and left lines after a few hours. Not sure if you know this or not but this was a tip given to me by Chanel salesman and that's to put your concealer on and then go and do other stuff like brush your teeth or dry your hair or something so that it sets before you put your foundation on and it much better and won't fade or leave lines.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I swear by L'Oreal Touche Magique for undereye circles, BUT light reflecting concealers are not good for situations where flash photography is in use, cos they can create the dreaded reverse raccoon effect. I'm currently on the lookout for a good non-light-reflecting concealer for undereye circles, partly for this reason and partly cos I seem to have developed an allergy to the light reflecting ingredient (mica). So any tips gratefully received!

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

I love YSL touche eclait, buy my daily one is by bourjois Paris, its the healthy mix one :-)

• bbk8
    Beginner
    bbk8 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I'm using Bare Minerals as I have really sensitive skin that doesn't generally tolerate make up. I've got the "bisque" concealer which seems to work pretty well for me and I've got a bit of a blotchy face ?

• countrebeckular
    Beginner May 2014
    countrebeckular ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I use Bare minerals and love it. The concealer is good. Word of warning with mineral makeup. It can sometimes look dodgy with some flash photography. Your face can appear ghostly white and blotchy. It's something to do with the sunscreens reflecting light. It's happened to me in some pics when I'm in a dark pub and a flash was used.

There are some ways to avoid it I think, check out the link below.

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/bare-minerals-wedding-day-photos-anybody/#axzz2yR9DmUw5

• SunnyOrangeFlowers21
    Beginner August 2014
    SunnyOrangeFlowers21 ·
    • Hide content

Like you, I'm wearing mostly Bare Minerals on the day but I will be using my trust Mac concealer which doesn't even need blending in - you just dob it on! I would then cover it with the BM foundation.

• *flamingo*
    Beginner June 2014
    *flamingo* ·
    • Hide content

Ooo thank you all for your suggestions! I think I'm going to have to make a list of all of them and head down to Sephora to try them all out! ? Not the Mac though, can't get their products out here in Italy =(

countrebeckular: Thanks for the warning about the light reflecting/ghosty blotchy face, I'll do myself a trial run over the weekend and get my decent camera with a good flash out and experiment.. fingers crossed!

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

I use Bare Minerals every day for work/going out etc but didn't even know that they had a concealer. I've always used the 'bisque' powder as my concealer and it works really well on blemishes, and it disguises my dark shadows but doesn't hide them completely.

• *flamingo*
    Beginner June 2014
    *flamingo* ·
    • Hide content

Thanks I'm definitely going to try bisque!

Just a little flash.. this is how I'm planning on having my make up on the day, more or less. This is primer, BM foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara.. I need to buy to add concealer, blusher and I'll have a pinky lip gloss. I'll put Urban Decay setting spray on too which is a miracle product! I have no one out here it Italy to get their opinion about it so your constructive criticism would be appreciated! Anything to change? Do I look blotchy or ghostly? Thank you!! Now to try my first flash..

• SunnyOrangeFlowers21
    Beginner August 2014
    SunnyOrangeFlowers21 ·
    • Hide content

You look bridal - I think it's perfect

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

I think your makeup is perfect for a wedding day. I've had two makeup trials already asking for a very similar look and neither have gone well so far - one more try I think and if I still get no joy I'll end up doing my own. Your eyes look spot on!

• *flamingo*
    Beginner June 2014
    *flamingo* ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much ladies! I was feeling a bit nervous about it but that's definitely given me some more confidence to be able to actually do it well on the day! ?

Sorry to hear your trials haven't gone well so far, fingers crossed for the next one! I decided not to have a MUA because I wasn't sure they would be able to get exactly what I wanted and I wanted to feel comfortable. If you do your own make up most days you're probably ok to do it on the day (as long as your hands don't tremble when you're nervous!) and you might feel more at ease knowing you have exactly what you want.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

You look beautiful! Very pretty lady it all looks great.

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Wow it looks great, you're look beautiful, perfect for the day

• *flamingo*
    Beginner June 2014
    *flamingo* ·
    • Hide content

Thank you!! ❤️ Really kind comments that make me feel all fuzzy inside ❤️

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

You look lovely! Great job Smiley smile

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

You have amazing eyes, I would put lots of mascara on too. Where are you getting married in Italy? I am marrying there too x

• *flamingo*
    Beginner June 2014
    *flamingo* ·
    • Hide content

Haha I'm really not a fan of Mac! I had my make up done there once and it felt like I had actual paint on my face it was so cakey.

pink&glitz I will definitely go overboard with the mascara.. love the long lashes! Just to make sure it's waterproof so I can cry my happy tears ? I'm actually living in Italy and getting married in England, so we're opposites! Where are you getting married in Italy? I'm living in Sardinia and it's gorgeous here.

• pink & glitz
    Beginner August 2014
    pink & glitz ·
    • Hide content

I am getting married in Sorrento, at a monastery. I have never been to your country, it looks so romantic! Guaranteed sunshine too unlike here in Scotland x

• *flamingo*
    Beginner June 2014
    *flamingo* ·
    • Hide content

Oh lovely! That sounds really nice, and you're definitely more likely to have sunshine! And the food is sooo good! Just don't get spaghetti sauce down your dress..?

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

Re MAC, I also don't like their face products but I've heard their Splashproof mascara is one of the best waterproof ones around. I am gonna try it at some point just generally, but I think for the wedding I'm gonna get eyelash extensions. I have really short stubby lashes but I don't want the faff of applying false lashes on the day. Plus I'm going for a 60 vibe with my outfit so long lashes are essential Smiley smile

• *flamingo*
    Beginner June 2014
    *flamingo* ·
    • Hide content

My dress has a 50s vibe to it so like you I can do long lashes and a dark eyeliner.. can't risk trying a cat eye and ending up wonky though! I do need a good waterproof mascara.. I think that my next googling project!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics