Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

A Question for 'Well Endowed' Ladies

27 September, 2012 at 22:33 Posted on Planning 0 13

Hello there

I am wondering what underwear experiences the brides with larger boobies have had. I'm going for a one shouldered dress so will not be able to wear underwear with straps. I'm therefore going to need some form of scaffolding to hold the puppies up!!? What would you advise? I've never worn a basque before, do they hold you up and in? I really don't want to have to wear something ugly!![:'(]

Um, not sure if it's TMI but I'm a 32F, which sounds biggish, but I'm 5'9 so completely proportionate.

Any help muchly appreciated, want to get undergarments sorted before I try dresses!

13 replies

Latest activity by pinkle86, 29 September, 2012 at 11:57
  • 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

I'd not recommend a basque purely because you will be hot enough in your dress,

Many dresses don't need a bra worn with them and but if this is not the case with yours I know a friend of mine had a strapless bra stitched into her dress by her seamstress.

HTH

L x

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried a convertable bra with the dress? You can make the straps go into a one shoulder affect, but depends if you can see it under the strap still. You can also get clear straps that are less obvious.

My dress was corset backed & there was enough support to go braless- something I have NEVER done in my life being a DD! A basque will add bulk under the dress which might be ok if its just a floaty dress with little shape. If its already structure with boning, then I'd look at getting a bra sewn in or a balcony type strapless.

• *Eclair*
    Beginner August 2012
    *Eclair* ·
    • Hide content

I had a Gossard Ooh la la longline bra and it was really good. It looks a bit strange on the model but it's really comfortable. You could just wear one strap too. I agree that a basque would be too hot but this is a good compromise as it gives a lot of support.

• *Eclair*
    Beginner August 2012
    *Eclair* ·
    • Hide content

The Gossard one took a lot of rearranging to get in the right place but it stayed put once I was in my dress. It's the most supportive one I found. I've heard good things about the wonderbra one but it didn't work on me.

• micranisi
    Beginner December 2012
    micranisi ·
    • Hide content

I'm a bit nervous about this myself. Ive been thinking a lot about bras lately! I've never gone braless before and the thought is a little daunting and I havent tried on my dress yet so I really don't know what kind of thing to get, but the dress lady did seem to think I wouldnt need one at all.

As someone else said, a basque could alter the line and shape of your dress, but when I went to a dress shop they put me in one before trying any on and it was great, but I can't find another like it anywhere.

I've heard very good things about the wonderbra one so might try that - I bought this week the basque version of the Gossard Ooh la la, but being quite short it was far too long and looked ridiculous (not sexy at all!).

• K
    Beginner December 2012
    kingfisher1923 ·
    • Hide content

I tried on loads of strapless bras etc in Debenhams and M&S, and Bravissimo, and didn't find any that worked wonders :-( I thought basques might be the answer, but found them really uncomfortable - the boning dug in to my side and waist.

The wonderbra really is amazing - it did hold me up like nothing else. However it squished my boobs together as well as up, and actually gave me too much cleavage - I was spilling out of the top of the dress more than I felt comfortable with (I don't like showing much off!).

So in the end I reverted to the old strapless bra I had in the cupboard, which sadly doesn't really defy gravity or make me look amazing, but maybe that's too much to ask... however it's comfy, and the dress itself does pretty much hold everything in place.

You probably really need to try loads on though, as people do seem to have different experiences!

• micranisi
    Beginner December 2012
    micranisi ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly. Don't really like the squished together look.

I don't know about you, but I think the Wonderbra may be practical but its not very flattering or sexy is it?

• Agouti
    Beginner September 2013
    Agouti ·
    • Hide content

I have a strapless wonderbra - it's good but I wore it to a wedding earlier this year and it was oh so uncomfortable by late afternoon! For this reason I'm only looking at dresses with straps as I will need to wear a proper bra (am 30G if that not TMI!).

• little miss stubborn
    little miss stubborn ·
    • Hide content

Hi Buffy,

I'm a couple of cup sizes larger and i wore a strapless dress for my wedding. i wore a basque form bravissomo and this worked perfectly. everyhting is pulled up and in when the ties are done up on the back. The back of my wedding dress was corset again so this helped with the support and keep everthing in place as well. The basque also came with detachable straps so you could always use one of these if needed.

• M
    Beginner September 2013
    MrsB2013 ·
    • Hide content

I got a wonderbra strapless for when I was bridesmaid and was great (im a 34F). Didnt fall down or constantly need pulling up like everyother strapless bra did.

The one i got was the one with the hands on the packaging!

• B
    Beginner April 2011
    babypp2 ·
    • Hide content

The Gossard one took a lot of rearranging to get in the right place but it stayed put once I was in my dress.

• pinkle86
    Beginner September 2012
    pinkle86 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all - I am a 36G and went bra-less on the day - dress was corseted so was all held in. My two bridesmaids however had on shoulder dresses, they both had the wonderbra ultimate strapless and said they were great.

I have one of these and have worn a couple of times - as someone else said after about 8 hours it can get a little uncomfortable but the best strapless bra I have ever had!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics